+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Survivor 29 Blood vs. Water Speculation and SPOILER Thread

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Survivor 29 Blood vs. Water Speculation and SPOILER Thread

Below is an interview/article Jeff did for EW magazine.

'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water': Jeff Probst gives intel on NEXT season | Inside TV | EW.com

Survivor will take some of the lessons learned from the success of its past two seasons and combine them for its next installment, Survivor: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water, which will be filmed in Nicaragua and premiere on CBS in September. Not only do we have the brand new logo for season 29 for you above, but host Jeff Probst shared some early intel with EW on what to expect.

The Blood vs. Water concept first debuted in season 27 when 10 former players returned, each bringing a loved one to compete with/against. But instead of returning players, this new Blood vs. Water cast will feature pairs of all new contestants. Jeff Probst credits the fans for pushing the show to bring back all new players for the Cagayan season that just wrapped up, and the success of that installment gave producers the confidence to do it again. “We really listened to people saying, ‘Oh my gosh, we love new players again. This is so fresh and it feels so good,’” says the host. “And we went down the road with a couple of different ways to do Blood vs. Water, and we started casting it, and started finding really good people, and then more good people, and then it became a very easy decision to go with a completely new cast. “

Of course, with returning players that viewers were already familiar with, it was easy to make the Blood vs. Water connection in terms of who was whose sibling or spouse. Putting all new players in the mix means the show will have to work a bit harder to establish those connections for viewers. “Since it is all new people you need to find a way to bond them quickly so that the audience knows, ‘Oh, okay, that’s the father and that’s the son,’’ says Probst. “And we do have something out of the gate that will help with that a little bit. We just have to do a very good job in how we tell those stories, when you cut from one person on one beach, then cut to their significant other on the other beach. And you just slowly start pairing them together. I’m not really concerned about it. Also, looking at the group we have, I would bet that if we lined them up randomly, the average person could probably get 60 to 70 percent just based on looking at them.”

The return of the Blood vs. Water twist also means the return of Redemption Island, which Probst had previously told EW would probably only return for Blood vs. Water seasons. “Yes, Redemption Island is back,” says Probst. “And there wasn’t even a consideration to not bring it back because so much of our drama came from that explosive energy at Redemption Island when the tribes were already there and then the competitors walk in and it’s the first moment that the other tribe gets to see who was voted out and then you have a loved one going, ‘Oh, man, it was my wife! Are you kidding me? Who did that?’ And I think that was really the cornerstone for a lot of story that came from it.”

However Probst does note that there will be a change to the way the contests take place there. “We have another twist that’s going to happen regarding duels at Redemption Island, a little different from last year, so I’m curious to see how that plays out and if we can get some story from that.” (Could that mean a return back to two person duels as opposed to three person contests, or something else entirely?)

The show will be returning for seasons 29 and 30 to Nicaragua, the same location for the filming of two previous installments (Nicaragua and Redemption Island), and Probst says his team has a plan in place to combat one of the negatives from their previous experience there — a lack of suitable locations for water challenges. “That was the mandate from the moment we decided on Nicaragua,” says Probst. “The one thing I kept asking our scouting crew for was updates on how the water situation was looking, and between our art department and our challenge department, they’ve got it under control. We’re going to have a lot more water challenges and be in the water more —and really that’s the only concern we had about Nicaragua, is that it was a little dry last time.”

In general, Probst is confident that Survivor can continue its recent hot streak (the past four seasons all rank in top 10 of all-time). “We have not shot a single second of the show,” says the host, “but I feel really good going in that we have another very good group of people.”

Watch an exclusive deleted scene from the finale in the video player below. Also read Dalton’s full recap on the ‘Survivor’ finale and Jeff Probst’s thoughts on the finale/reunion. Check back Thursday for interviews with the final four contestants. And for more ‘Survivor’ scoop all year round, follow Dalton on Twitter @DaltonRoss.
    ______________________________ ______________________________

To see the new Logo and the Finale video go to the website at the link above.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Survivor 29 Blood vs. Water Speculation and SPOILER Thread

Well also it is glad to have Jeff Probst. Without him, there would be no Survivor. As wonder what would happen if he quit to do other things. But as long as he enjoys it, why quit? Probst in a sense, IS Survivor!
    Whip It Good!

How are the going to divide up the teams? The only two ways I can think of would be men vs women or young vs old ("old" being the Exile Island definition; over 30)

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

It sounds like they will split up the partners whether they be a married couple, brother/sister, etc.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

After some consideration, I had an idea for how it might happen....
    The ten pairs compete in some kind of competition, and the two winners do schoolyard pick for their respective tribe. When one of them picks a tribe member, that member's partner goes to the other tribe.

If they're really nasty, the'll do like Survivor: Palau, and immediately eliminate the duo that doesn't get picked.

If the pair was on the same team, I think it could get really nasty with others deciding who stays. If my spouse and I were on the same team and one voted off I would think the other would be furious and start plotting.
    There's no place like home!

Based on the article it looks like they'll divide up the pairs initially. Jeff refers to showing one person on their beach and then the other on the other beach. I think that with this format they'd probably divide it "randomly" (not based on age/gender/schoolyard pick). They'll probably do a tribe switch like they did last time so that some pairs will be together.

Not gonna lie, Redemption Island is my least favourite twist ever. It completely takes away the finality of getting voted out and I always find the challenges very lame, for lack of a better word. They also need to limit it to 2 person duels. With 3 or 4 people all you have to do is make sure you don't come in last to stay in the game. Idk, I wasn't crazy about BvW the first time around. I found Jeff to be really annoying with his commentary and questions, always trying to milk as much "drama" and "emotion" out of the situation as possible, which gets tiring after a while.

If you ask me, the past 4 seasons don't all rank in the top 10 of all time. Love how the article states that so unequivocally like it's a fact. Philippines and Cagayan I would say top 10, but definitely not Caramoan or BvW. JMO.
    Punkin and awesomekina23 like this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Spencer and his sister - calling it now LOL
    Passepartout likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Spencer and his sister - calling it now LOL
    Do you think its too soon? didn't we say Malcom came back too soon- when he returned. As for RI. no way would Spencer swap with his sister, he wants to play the game
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fanatic

When will this cast be leaked? Filming I believe starts in July.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast