Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Spencer - Cagayan (Brain)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Spencer - Cagayan (Brain)

Name (Age): Spencer Bledsoe (21)

Tribe Designation: Brains Tribe

Current Residence: Chicago, Ill.

Personal Claim to Fame: Captain of my high school cross country and track teams, Georgiaís 2009-2010 High School Chess Champion, tying for 1st at the World Open Chess tournament for a prize of $6,609 and becoming a U.S. Chess Expert.

Inspiration in Life: The former governor Mitt Romney has been successful in everything heís ever attempted, be it private equity, business/law school or running the Olympics. He has accumulated enormous wealth in starting several successful business ventures and constitutes the perfect embodiment of capitalism.

Hobbies: Chess, ultimate frisbee and partying.

Pet Peeves: People who are stupid but still voice their opinions, incompetent leaders, those who donít respect intelligence and those who expect handouts in life.

3 Words to Describe You: Brilliant, competitive and arrogant.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? A chess board Ė with a chess board present, I know I have the ability to impress whoever Iím with. Regular practice is also important. The American Flag Ė perhaps my biggest source of pride is being an American; and The Economist Ė This is my preferred news source (despite the fact that itís perceived as ďsnobbishĒ).

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: The cleverness and strategic planning of Stephen, but the personality of Marty. Like Marty, I am a natural leader and can come off as pompous or bombastic. Also, I shared Martyís disdain for Jane on S21.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: The competition. Iím insanely competitive in chess, pursuing a career in investment banking, and everything I do. I want to play the game of Survivor for the challenge, the competition and the chance to prove myself in such an epic game, under such trying circumstances. Also, the money. The expected value of playing Survivor is, monetarily alone, worth more than most peoplesí salaries. I love $1,000,000 almost as much as winning.

Why You Think Youíll ďSurviveĒ SURVIVOR: Iím a strong leader despite my young age, and have worked well in a team in a number of different academic, athletic and chess-related capacities. Iím also extremely competitive and would be a large asset to a tribe in puzzles and endurance-related challenges, as well as strategic competitions.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Iím the chess expert who can plan my victory 10 moves in advance. I can use economic game theory to know the incentives of those around me. Iím the only guy who has these skills and is still personable enough to win. Think of me as a John Cochran who doesnít suck.

Do You Consider Yourself a Brain, a Beauty or a Brawn? A Brain, in both life and Survivor super fandom. I've seen every episode. I know the game inside and out. I'll know what I'm doing in camp life; I could probably even build a shelter just using rocks. When my body is withered and I'm left with only my t-shirt and tighty whities, I won't be a little boy out there. I'll rely on my mind.

Who Do You Think Has the Best Chance in the Game of Survivor: Brains, Beauty or Brawn? What type of person excels in Survivor? The person who pushes the game forward strategically - the Rob Cesternino, Yul Kwon or Todd Herzog. A Parvati or Ozzy may slip through the cracks, but this is a brain game.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/214797/

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Spencer - Cagayan (Brain)

He's already one of the ones I like the least.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Iím the chess expert who can plan my victory 10 moves in advance. I can use economic game theory to know the incentives of those around me. Iím the only guy who has these skills and is still personable enough to win. Think of me as a John Cochran who doesnít suck.
    Worst sentence in any of the bios this season.

But on the flipside,

Also, I shared Martyís disdain for Jane on S21.
    This is one of the best sentences in any of the bios this season. Anyone who agrees with me on something America doesn't does get some good points.
    Punkin likes this.

I like his sarcasm, cockiness, and appreciation for the game. I also like that he dissed Cochran and didn't like Jane. Preach, girl! I see him playing too fast and being blindsided early, though. Hopefully it's at the hands of Kass and/or goddess J'Tia.
    Duckyface likes this.

God, what a little douchebag. He's going to get chewed up and spit out. I hope.
    Punkin, JLuvs, waywyrd and 3 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Pet Peeves: People who are stupid but still voice their opinions, incompetent leaders, those who don’t respect intelligence and those who expect handouts in life.
    In other words, if you don't agree with his politics...... We'll, I'd like Woo to kick his scrawny little ass!
    Allie and JohnnyK like this.

He seems to think that he's going to be the smartest person in the game and that he'll just be able to run circles around everyone. I don't think so.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Little twerp. Hopefully he doesn't last long.
    scoot13 likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Think Spencer is aware that Romney wasn't successful at everything he tried?

And I think he's at least going to be interesting to watch.

I took that as him being sarcastic since he also likes The Daily Show (which is very liberal leaning). Him saying he could build a shelter using rocks also seems to be a Debb joke (which I find hilarious).

He could be fun if he isn't toooo arrogant.

He's so obsessed with chess. Doesn't he realize he could easily create his own chess board and pieces?

I don't see him being adaptive enough to last long.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast