+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Garrett - Cagayan (Brain)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Garrett - Cagayan (Brain)

Name (Age): Garrett Adelstein (27)

Tribe Designation: Brains Tribe

Current Residence: Santa Monica, California. Born, raised and went to college at The University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona.

Personal Claim to Fame: Being valedictorian of my high school class of over 500 students; graduating Summa Cum Laude with Honors at The University of Arizona.

Inspiration in Life: No specific inspirations. I try and model my life after people who are willing to dedicate their lives to a skill and thus excel at the highest level in that field.

Hobbies: Bodybuilding, alcohol, psychology and cinema.

Pet Peeves: Dishonesty and lack of ambition.

3 Words to Describe You: Competitive, ambitious and confident.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? One big picture of all the people closest to me in my life to prevent loneliness, one long chain email between myself and my four best friends for endless hilarity, and a naked picture of a girl I enjoy hooking up with, in case all the attractive girls get voted off early.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Win enough money to impress girls in LA; self-growth as I will be forced to deal with extreme circumstances in a way I never imagined possible.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: Being a math guy, I'm just gonna go with the odds on this one as it would be statistically unlikely for me to be the first American survivor to die on the island. With that said, I'm sure I will be completely miserable.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Dedicated 2,000 hours in preparing for the strategic, social and physical elements of Survivor. Did everything from 50 hours of yoga, to over-analyzing every episode, to mastering slide puzzles to ready myself. I essentially devoted my entire life to preparing for this adventure for the previous 6 months.

Do You Consider Yourself a Brain, a Beauty or a Brawn and Why? I'll go with the modest answer and say all three. I'll probably be one of the physically strongest, most intelligent and my mom says I'm very handsome to boot.

Who Do You Think Has the Best Chance in the Game of Survivor: Brains, Beauty or Brawn and Why? If I'm forced to stereotype, I would say either the Brains or the Beauties. Survivor is first and foremost a game of strategy, so the Brains, which are the most logically inclined, are in the best position there. But people aren't going to give you a million dollars if they don't like you, so you can't count the Beauties out.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/214787/

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Garrett - Cagayan (Brain)

I know of a lot of poker players, I've watched a good number of poker matches that aired on TV, and I enjoy poker myself. I've never heard of him.

In the words of Boston Rob, he probably has a little sausage. He radiates "trying too hard douchiness."
    sweetpea likes this.

Hold up here a minute. He lists one of his hobbies as alcohol? WTF?
    Punkin likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Ugh. He seems like a douche.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Yuck. The photo and the bio just radiate douchiness. No thanks.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

You guys all say dbag, but I like him. haha. I think I appreciate the dislike for unambitious people. I know that frustrates me. I am very surprised by the picture he ends up on the "Brains" team, but reading the profile and I think I get it. He is definitely a cocky kind of guy, but let's see if he keeps it in check enough to make friends before putting people down.

BLECH. Professional poker player with a hobby of "alcohol" He's a keeper, allright.
    Valar Morghulis

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Win enough money to impress girls in LA; self-growth as I will be forced to deal with extreme circumstances in a way I never imagined possible.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: Being a math guy, I'm just gonna go with the odds on this one as it would be statistically unlikely for me to be the first American survivor to die on the island. With that said, I'm sure I will be completely miserable.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Dedicated 2,000 hours in preparing for the strategic, social and physical elements of Survivor. Did everything from 50 hours of yoga, to over-analyzing every episode, to mastering slide puzzles to ready myself. I essentially devoted my entire life to preparing for this adventure for the previous 6 months.
    And yet he didn't prepare in any meaningful way.

/rolleyes

I didn't like him as soon as I saw him, he had been out there a few hours and already moaning this wasnt for him. Blech- he could never have withstood season one.
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast