+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: David - Cagayan (Brain)

Re: David - Cagayan (Brain)

I'm sure he's not too upset, just look at the Marlins the past few years...he's already used to last place

I actually find the idea of a baseball (or any professional sport really) president/general manager trying Survivor kind of appealing. David wasn't a very good choice, the Marlins won the World Series his first year with a team he inherited, and haven't amounted to much of anything since. And it should be mentioned that the Marlins owner is his stepfather. But reading and manipulating people is a trait of any successful sport executive. For one thing, they have to read their players well, and decide when it's time to part ways, and part of the job is attempting outsmart their colleagues from other teams. Again as a Nationals fan I'm biased, but their team president, Mike Rizzo, pulled off some fairly lopsided trades that benefited the Nationals. Billy Beane's a very well known exec regarded as a genius who recently had book and movie made about him. I think it would be interesting to see how those bargaining and negotiating skills would translate into Survivor, and I can see why someone of that background would be on the Brain tribe, it's just a shame they didn't pick a particularly successful one.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    I'm sure he's not too upset, just look at the Marlins the past few years...he's already used to last place

I laughed so hard at this!!!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I'm not a David fan and I think he came across as way too out there for the beginning of the game, but then he has to constantly deal with the egos of ballplayers, their agents, coaches, and managers so I wasn't too surprised by him or his ouster. But I do think this brainy tribe should have gotten rid of J'Tia first or at least second. She's contributed less than nothing to the challenges or to making a cohesive team. She lost me when she chose to admire Richard Hatch in her bio and everything she's done since just made me like her less, especially her sitting around barking orders to the others while they all did some work. Hope she goes soon.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

My son lives in Plantation, so I was hoping we'd have something different to talk about this visit---Nope!

I guess I see why he started playing the endgame so early--he thinks that's what Boston Rob did. Nope again. BR surely had the endgame in mind, but he did realize you've got to get to the merge.... Just before the merge is when you dump your threats, not when they can still help you.

I lived in Plantation for more than 10 years, actually on the border of Plantation/Davie, PWS, but I was not sorry to see David go.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

My son lived in Davie for a while as well (he teaches at Nova), but bought in Plantation--kills me that my grandson will be writing "Plantation" as his birthplace forever. So my son reminded me that HE told ME that David would be on, and in fact he knows where he lives...lots of land...not easy to own in this part of FL. BUT he didn't know that David was first out, so we did have at least a little talk about it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I didn't think that David Samson would be the first boot. I expected more from him.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    My son lived in Davie for a while as well (he teaches at Nova), but bought in Plantation--kills me that my grandson will be writing "Plantation" as his birthplace forever. So my son reminded me that HE told ME that David would be on, and in fact he knows where he lives...lots of land...not easy to own in this part of FL. BUT he didn't know that David was first out, so we did have at least a little talk about it.
    I taught at Nova University School for several years; it's where my kids went to middle and high school.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12