+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: 12/4 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 12/4 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

What ever happened to building fire when there is a tie? I wonder if this group knew about the rocks "per the rules of Survivor" as Jeff stated. He should've said "per the rules of Survivor 27", because other than Paschal's Purple Rock season, they have had a build fire challenge during ties. Oddly, I'm not as disappointed with the rock-drawing as I thought I would be when I saw the previews (which I HATE that they showed- it made both votes boring because I knew the eventual outcome) because Katie left and she is pretty much a non-entity in this game. If Ceaira or Tyson had drawn the white rock I think I would've been a lot more irritated, as at least they have been playing the game, and going out on a rock-draw would have sucked. At the beginning of the season I saw Ceaira as a non-player, just kind-of rolling with whatever was going on. I now find myself sort-of rooting for her to win....which is kind-of freaking me out. ;-/

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    What ever happened to building fire when there is a tie? I wonder if this group knew about the rocks "per the rules of Survivor" as Jeff stated. He should've said "per the rules of Survivor 27", because other than Paschal's Purple Rock season, they have had a build fire challenge during ties. Oddly, I'm not as disappointed with the rock-drawing as I thought I would be when I saw the previews (which I HATE that they showed- it made both votes boring because I knew the eventual outcome) because Katie left and she is pretty much a non-entity in this game. If Ceaira or Tyson had drawn the white rock I think I would've been a lot more irritated, as at least they have been playing the game, and going out on a rock-draw would have sucked. At the beginning of the season I saw Ceaira as a non-player, just kind-of rolling with whatever was going on. I now find myself sort-of rooting for her to win....which is kind-of freaking me out. ;-/
    As Cirie mentioned in the first fans vs. favorites season, the rules since season 4 state that if a unresolved tie occurs PRIOR to the final 4, then those who didn't receive votes and aren't immune will have to draw a rock. If a tie occurs at the Final 4, however, THEN a fire-building challenge will be used. In my opinion, I think ties should be resolved prior to the merge with the other tribe getting to decide who goes (a la the old Biggest Loser rules) and after the merge with a fire-building challenge.
    GabbyG, Maybaybie and JohnnyK like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I wasn't aware of that. ^ Thanks.

While I was bored cawcawless during the first half of Survivor, I absolutely loved Tribal Council. I was surprisingly impressed by both Ciera and Hayden. I thought Hayden was done and that Ciera had no CA Jones. I was wrong on both counts. I only wish Tyson had been taken out.

Hayden was spot on about everyone playing for number 2 if they don't take out Tyson.
    waywyrd, GabbyG, Katydyd and 1 others like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Although I'm no fan of Katie's, of the people who could have been eliminated by the rock pick, she was the one I least wanted to get picked. I was thinking how ironic it would be if Tyson got eliminated while in possession of another immunity idol. He wasn't given any opportunity to use it before they drew rocks.

Hayden played brilliantly! He saved his butt for another week and gave us one of the most entertaining tribal councils ever. I sure hope he manages to win immunity next week and somehow makes it to the end. If he doesn't win the show, he has my vote for fan favorite!!

Quote Originally Posted by bencalebrod View Post
    why in the world do people think Laura is disadvantaged on Redemption Island? In case people didn't remember, INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES determines who stays on RI, and they always set them up so that fellow competitors can't help each other win. Laura has just as much of a chance of winning the next duel as she would if Ciera drew the bad rock if not more of a chance.
    Nope. Don't you remember how Vytas left the game? It was because Laura helped Tina come in second. It was a puzzle. Laura showed Tina how to solve it, and Jeff didn't stop her. Absolutely Katie and Tina wll help each other if the opportunity arises.
    Uncle David and Photobabe like this.

I also loved Hayden's bold move at TC, and apparently so did the jury which makes him an even greater threat. He's got a serious uphill battle from here on out, but at least he's going down swinging. I laughed at how offended the Tyson/Monica/Gervase threesome were that Hayden wasn't going quietly. The shock on their faces when he started blatantly telling Ciera (and the jury) exactly where she stood in their alliance was hilarious.

Well, Gervase really slid backwards tonight with how he reacted to Hayden, especially being so loud while voting. It's also never a good thing when you say something in all seriousness and the jury all crack up laughing. Yikes.

I hate to say it (really hate to say it) but I will laugh hysterically if Tyson and Gervase drag Monica to the end, and she ends up beating both of them. She's got a resume of sorts with her challenge wins, so you never know.

Ciera really should have flipped last week. At that point it would have looked like a big move. Now it just looks wishy-washy. But I do give her props for having the guts to draw rocks. Tyson looked freaked out. I wonder if he regretted putting the HII down his crotch?

Oh, and Tyson, I don't mind you really and you're playing hard, but those were crocodile tears if I ever saw them.
    Alexxxx likes this.

Last (?) week Tyson had to dump his pack to locate the idol.

If Tyson had pulled it out of his crotch last night, how closely would Jeff have embraced it at TC while announcing it was a real HI? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Although I'm no fan of Katie's, of the people who could have been eliminated by the rock pick, she was the one I least wanted to get picked. I was thinking how ironic it would be if Tyson got eliminated while in possession of another immunity idol. He wasn't given any opportunity to use it before they drew rocks.

Hayden played brilliantly! He saved his butt for another week and gave us one of the most entertaining tribal councils ever. I sure hope he manages to win immunity next week and somehow makes it to the end. If he doesn't win the show, he has my vote for fan favorite!!

If he doesn't win, he sure has my vote for FF. It took me long enough to choose anyone. He may win II next week, that would cement him in the F4 wouldn't it?

ETA Forgot someone from RI might be back..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Strategically, would it not have been smarter for Gervaise to choose Ciera for the ice cream rather than Tyson? Leaving her alone with Katie and Hayden while eating ice cream didn't seem too bright to me.
    ilja, jucamer and Midol like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread