+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: 11/20 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/20 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I agree with whoever said the food wasn't a huge sacrifice for her. I'd guess she is on a pretty lean diet in the real world anyway. That definition is hard work both exercise and diet wise.

I'd like even a 1/4 of that commitment. I don't want to be that defined but I'd like to not have arms that keep waving long after people have left.
    Bahahaha...my daughter and I laughed ourselves silly over her "sacrifice". Monica hasn't eaten a cheeseburger for probably 10 years at least. What a phony load of crap. And Caleb - "she's a mom" - spare me...that's a woman who is used to starving and it's not to put food in her kids' mouths.

I am the first person to appreciate hard physical committment. But that woman looks like she's been doing curls in a concentration camp (albeit one equipped with a plastic surgeon). I know she's not on the show to be a role model. She's too old to make an impression on younger girls but I would hope no older woman would aspire to that. (Not directed at you, tbamom). She looks unhealthy (not as a result of Survivor) and it's off-putting to me.
    Punkin, sweetpea and Dragonlady like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Terry was the American Airlines pilot. That season also included Cirie and Shane. Also I apologize. I thought Terry was in his 50's but Wikipedia says he was 46. They were on Survivor Panama.

Terry won 5 immunity challenges and 4 reward challenges in a row. He also found the immunity idol on exile island, but he never had to play it because he kept winning immunity. A poster above said he was arrogant, but to me that's just the pilot in him. He also got his start as a naval aviator. WatchTop Gun if you want to see the attitude that is commonplace among them. I've never met a pilot who wasn't on the cocky side, and I've never met a Navy pilot who wasn't super cocky. You'd have to be cocky to have the cool to land an aircraft, especially in a troubled situation. Trust me even Sully was arrogant, and with good cause. Plus they wanted Terry out since the merge but he kept winning. He had a reason to be smug. He played as hard as he could and really deserved to win. At the final tribal Shane actually told them neither of them deserved to win. Aras won 5-2.

The older firefighter was Tom, and he won. I liked him too.
    I got a chuckle out of this. My son is a pilot (captain) and 180 degrees from arrogant or cocky! He is one of those guys that everyone loves. He is witty, too.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Bahahaha...my daughter and I laughed ourselves silly over her "sacrifice". Monica hasn't eaten a cheeseburger for probably 10 years at least. What a phony load of crap. And Caleb - "she's a mom" - spare me...that's a woman who is used to starving
    OK, there's a potential way to check this out. What has she been seen eating in any prior videos where food was available? I don't recall her sitting out during the merge banquet.

The really pathetic and potentially harmful food rewards are the ones that are just sugar and alcohol. A cheeseburger would have been nourishing in this situation considering how little they have had to eat and how little variety. Turning it away because it isn't up to her usual standards would be stupid and foolish. That's not what happened. She is very focused and committed, and she recognized the social pitfall in having to choose someone. All.that.food was a major red flag for anyone paying attention. Jeff didn't uncover a mere two servings. Agree it wasn't the "mom" instinct, but it didn't cost Caleb anything to say something tactful since he was about to indulge. Monica made the best social game decision she could.
    Punkin and Alexxxx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    OK, there's a potential way to check this out. What has she been seen eating in any prior videos where food was available? I don't recall her sitting out during the merge banquet.

The really pathetic and potentially harmful food rewards are the ones that are just sugar and alcohol. A cheeseburger would have been nourishing in this situation considering how little they have had to eat and how little variety. Turning it away because it isn't up to her usual standards would be stupid and foolish. That's not what happened. She is very focused and committed, and she recognized the social pitfall in having to choose someone. All.that.food was a major red flag for anyone paying attention. Jeff didn't uncover a mere two servings. Agree it wasn't the "mom" instinct, but it didn't cost Caleb anything to say something tactful since he was about to indulge. Monica made the best social game decision she could.
    I still think she is in great shape, her arms. wow!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

She does, apparently eat insects High protein low fat.

Ok well today is day 1 of yet another diet for me so I'll be in the general chat area.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I thought Monica's largess was just another move on her part akin to tossing the clue in the fire. She wants to prove to Brad that she's an Ironwoman Warrior. I get the feeling that everything about her is about impressing him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post

Yes and she remembered from a previous season that someone was offered that choice after they had chosen someone to share. The person they chose had to go without too when (forget who) the decision to give it up to everyone happened. The amount of food gave this away.

The food they give them on rewards has to be cold and been sitting for a long time. They are hungry and don't care, I get that.

Ponderosa was dull with Aras. I like to see them eat their first big meal and talk about it. And be estatic over a hot shower and shave. He just talked about his brother. zzzzzzzzzzzz
    Photobabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I thought Monica's largess was just another move on her part akin to tossing the clue in the fire. She wants to prove to Brad that she's an Ironwoman Warrior. I get the feeling that everything about her is about impressing him.
    That's the impression I get as well. I stalked them a bit online via google images, and there are some interesting ones of her posing as the wife of an NFL player. That woman has always been about looks, and you can see she takes incredible care of her body. The obvious plastic surgery look to her face is very off-putting, but I can imagine it's almost par for the course for a woman in her situation. I'm sure she and her husband love each other very much, and are great partners together, but something tells me he would not put up with an aging wife with wrinkles and saggy bits.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I think she is there to win, like they all are .If her hubby is proud of her( and I would like mine to be) I see nothing wrong. I still thinks she brings it at challenges. I am not even a fan, but she is playing the game - unlike the wet blanket Katie.
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    They still could have gone with a woman's alliance. I generally don't like gender alliances, but in this case I think the women were dumb not to start one last episode. I think if they'd brought it up with Caleb or Hayden this episode, especially after the immunity challenge, they could have had something.
    I doubt it. Caleb and Haydn would never go with the girls especially with Ciera and her mom still intact. I don't think they are that dumb. Why would you want to be 4th or 5th wheel in an alliance of women when you can be 3rd in an alliance with the guys? Monica will never go with it too because she knows that Laura M. would take her out instantly after she already voted Laura out last time. Although it was never going to happen a 4 vs 4 at TC and then let the pieces fall is not a good strategy for the women. If they lose then they'll just be picked one by one. If they win then Monica and Katie had to deal with the family pair. They will have to vote against each other and convince the family pair to keep them instead of the other person to make it to the F3.
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread