+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Survivor Confessions

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Survivor Confessions

I thought this would be a fun topic for discussion.

My confessions are I'm a late convert to Survivor. I started watching the first season because it was new, experimental, and sounded intriguing. However, I failed to catch interest in it and quit about the time they started eating rats. I didn't start watching Survivor again until Pearl Islands, and that was only because I wanted to be in the Survivor pool with my other forum friends.

Also, I didn't like Jeff Probst at first. The season Jonathan was on was the first one where I started to like Probst and I became a real fan when I started reading his blog. Now he's one of my favorite reality show hosts.

And I like Russell Hantz! So many Survivor fans absolutely despise him but I think he was one of the best contestants ever to play the game. To me, he was at his best in his first season and he should have won except that he got too cocky. A little humility in the face of the jury might have lead to a different outcome. However, Brandon and the Hantz who appeared on Big Brother I could do without. They were totally nuts.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Re: Survivor Confessions

Fun idea!
    I watch Survivor off and on. I sometimes stick out whole seasons but I am very bad for quitting (any Reality Show) if I don't like the remaining contestants. (I didn't make it past the first episode of the most recent Sean or Desiree seasons of the Bachelor(ette)

I guess I am a bit judgmental but I waste enough hours on TV that I won't sit through something I am not enjoying.

I want to travel to most of the places featured on Survivor but I often think a winter one would be fun to see.

ETA I find Jeff extremely attractive.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I've had seasons of Survivor I quit watching partway through, too, tbamom.

The one that ended with Chris and all the girls left and he ultimately won...I petered out midway and then came back and watched the last few episodes.

The season with Stephenie was another one I had a hard time maintaining interest in.
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

FORT Fogey

I have watched every survivor from day one, but I cannot remember many castaways, nevermind what season! I can remember meals I ate and in what restaurants as far back as the 60s (foodie), though.
    Punkin, waywyrd, pikachu and 4 others like this.

I watched the first season the end of that summer when they replayed all the episodes consecutive evenings. I felt I had to watch because it was a new cultural phenomenon I felt I needed to understand.

I don't know which season it was, but the one that hooked me was late winter 2002. Dad was living with me and I was doing hospice for him. Up at least every 2 hours to help him so I had to go to bed really early. Like by 8:30. Once a week I splurged and stayed up until 9 to watch some escapist Survivor. Had to watch all the seasons after that. I still prefer programs that run from 8 to 9 because I'm still an early bedder.

Jeff is such easy eye candy and he cracks me up. I don't think I would have stayed with Survivor if he hadn't been host.

I don't care for the challenges. They're so high schoolish. I want a full hour of plotting and social miscues.

My two funniest segments - Johnny Fairplay explaining to his guy friend about the misrepresented health of Granny (and then reading how even Jeff fell for it), and Rob conning his tribemates into accepting the buddy system that guaranted him the win. Doesn't mean I want either one of them to return to Survivor.

I have loved them all, the good the bad and the ugly. I don't remember names very well, once they are off my screen, I just don't seem to care. I do admire those posters that say remember ___ and when __ was with __. I have to google and then only sometimes is it clear.

I am still trying to place Laura from this season that's how bad I am. Certain names stay with me Russell and Ozzy, I think I sort of remember those players that truly love this game.

I have also had the hots for Jeff since season one, and I would still love to meet him
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Like Brooks, I never would have been a Survivor fan if they hadn't re-run the entire season during the summer Olympics that first year. I missed it when it premiered in May but then watched every episode during the re-run and got hooked. I bet I haven't missed 3 episodes since. Sometimes it's blah, sometimes it's great, but it's always worth my time.

Confession number 2: die-hard Boston Rob fan. Just can't get enough of that guy. I thought his (eventual) win was well deserved because he outplayed them all. I mean, this is BOSTON ROB -- and you let him go to the end? Maybe Dan was sharing the mist.
    MsFaninNJ likes this.

I'm with you, judibug! I didn't see Rob's first season but I sure have adored him since then. He grew on me a little at a time during Survivor All Stars and by Heroes vs Villains, I was a die-hard Boston Rob fan. To me, he's one of the most entertaining reality show contestants ever! He was just as crafty on the Amazing Race as he was on Survivor.
    Shoepie and calicokat like this.

I think I've gotten to the point where I find them all Surviror episodes unwatchable now. Even picachu's fabulous pool may not entice me back to Survivor anymore. I sadly remember its early days when I would release my college class a little early in order to make it home in time to watch. That was before the DVR days, at least for me.

I happily admit thought that I really enjoyed John Cochran's play and his win last season.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

It's sad when a show you once loved loses your interest. I've dropped so many reality shows over the years but I'm happy I still love Survivor, The Amazing Race, and So You Think You Can Dance. Dancing With the Stars has its problems and many seasons I feel half and half about it but it isn't in the red yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast