+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Survivor Confessions

Re: Survivor Confessions

Fun idea for a thread!

- I have a soft spot for the sassy/snarky weak female underdog character type. Four of my favorite players are Sandra, Courtney from China, Katie from Palau, and Kelly G. from Africa (who was robbed of an All Stars spot by Amber)

- I've come to despise the reunion shows. Can we not talk to a random fan, someone who played 10 years ago, an actor/actress, or a player's mother? Why don't you spend that time actually talking to the contestants who played the game? In Caramoan, the pre-merge players didn't even get to be on the stage. What bull!

- I find it annoying how Probst drools over all of the alpha-males.

- I hate how they have been reusing locations like Samoa and the Philippines. Part of the appeal for me was seeing a brand new place every season. I remember how excited I was when I heard they were going to the Amazon.

- I don't care for beach locations. I would take an Amazon or a Gabon any day.

- I usually dislike the players that most fans like. I did not care for Tom, JT, Parvati, or Cochran.

- I do not like seasons with returning players. That's what soured Cochran's win for me (pre-game alliances take the fun out of it and make me question if the winner really deserved it as much as they lucked into being cast with people they hang out with on a regular basis).

- Pearl Islands is the best season to me and I don't think another season will ever live up to what it offered. It had the best winner, shifting alliances and blindsides, fantastic characters (Sandra, Rupert, Lill, Fairplay), and a fun pirate theme. Even though I had been watching Survivor before that, Pearl Islands is what made me love Survivor.

- Kim is an underrated winner. Probst always goes on and on about Boston Rob when he did what Kim did on her first season on his fourth season.

- I hate redemption island, hidden immunity idols, and casts with 20 people. I prefer the older seasons for those reasons.
    Last edited by awesomekina23; 11-18-2013 at 06:57 AM.
    PWS and JohnnyK like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

- Kim is an underrated winner. Probst always goes on and on about Boston Rob when he did what Kim did on her first season on his fourth season.
    I think Probst may have a thing against women. As someone has pointed out before, he never seems to have anything positive to say about female contestants in his interviews.

FORT Fogey

- I've come to despise the reunion shows. Can we not talk to a random fan, someone who played 10 years ago, an actor/actress, or a player's mother? Why don't you spend that time actually talking to the contestants who played the game? In Caramoan, the pre-merge players didn't even get to be on the stage. What bull!
    I agree awesome.

I have watched every survivor from day one, but I cannot remember many castaways, nevermind what season! I can remember meals I ate and in what restaurants as far back as the 60s (foodie), though.
    I am quoting myself here. Amendment- I can remember eating frog legs in a booster chair and many more meals going back as far as early childhood. I am merely reinforcing my ability to remember things and not senile, as my children claim.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23 View Post
    Fun idea for a thread!

-- Kim is an underrated winner. Probst always goes on and on about Boston Rob when he did what Kim did on her first season on his fourth season.

- s.
    After reading this, I had to google her. She looks familiar and she was on last year (2012), but I can't remember any of her season. I am always told I have an iron clad memory, but all these Survivor people just get jumbled up in there. I don't even remember who was on it. I guess I'm hitting up Wikipedia...

OH SNAP....that was Colton's season. No wonder I blocked it out!!!

Fun topic!

I have watched every episode of every season, but I don't remember every contestant.
    The winner I disliked most was Brian Heidik from Survivor Thailand.
    I hated the “Haves Vs. Have-Nots” twist in Survivor Fiji.
    I loved that Sandra won two seasons.
    I hate Redemption Island. I would much rather see everyone battling it out for a reward.
    I loved when Yau-Man made the first fake immunity idol by painting a face on a coconut and writing "II" on it.
    I loved the lame fake immunity idol Ozzy made (a stick with a face carved into it) that Jason found and gave to Eliza to save her from being voted off.
    I LOVED everything about what happened when Eliza saw the stick with a face on it and confronted Jason about it. "It's a f*cking stick!"
    I look forward to the reunion show every season and I am disappointed every season. They waste so much time on nonsense when they could ask a lot of great questions.
    NFL1, PWS, Shoepie and 1 others like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Fun topic!

I look forward to the reunion show every season and I am disappointed every season. They waste so much time on nonsense when they could ask a lot of great questions.
    This is EXACTLY how I feel about it too!
    ilja likes this.

FORT Fogey

I used to love the reward challenges when they were starving and fell face first into delicious, fresh food and the joy over a hot shower. They would take them to a place that served them fresh food rather than just handing it to them on the spot after the challenge. I don't think they have rewarded them with a shower in a very long time.

We will never hear about this but it sure seems they are given food supplement bars or something that is taking away their desperation. Some medical intervention probably happened and changed the starvation part of this game. I loved that part!

It was interesting that Elizabeth Hasselback learned she had celiac disease in Austraila. On a diet of rice and fish she felt the best she had in years. And when booted and ate normally she got very sick and felt miserable. Bingo, she had the answer that had eluded doctors. Now it is widely diagnosed but back then it was not. I thought that was very nifty.
    ilja and jucamer like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I can name every Survivor contestant ever, in the order they were eliminated in their seasons. As proof, I'll just randomly name all the Thailand contestants right now:

John
    Tanya
    Jed
    Ghandia
    Stephanie
    Robb
    Shii Ann
    Erin
    Ken
    Penny
    Jake
    Ted
    Helen
    Jan
    Clay
    Brian

In order of elimination. It's not memory. It's just knowledge.

I liked Brian. He was a great winner for sure.

My least favorite winner is Jenna Morasca. She was hideous as a person and did not deserve to win.

All-Stars is one of the hardest seasons for me to rewatch, because I can't stand how everyone just let Rob/Amber coast to the end. Really gut-wrenching.

I love that Sandra won twice, too. She's one of my favorite winners and one of my top female contestants ever.

I also love Redemption Island. It adds fun to the game. Yet ironically, RI saved one of my least favorites, Ozzy, twice.
    kev89 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I can name every Survivor contestant ever, in the order they were eliminated in their seasons. As proof, I'll just randomly name all the Thailand contestants right now:

John
    Tanya
    Jed
    Ghandia
    Stephanie
    Robb
    Shii Ann
    Erin
    Ken
    Penny
    Jake
    Ted
    Helen
    Jan
    Clay
    Brian

JohnnyK...you're my hero! :-)
    Brooks likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post

John
    Tanya
    Jed
    Ghandia
    Stephanie
    Robb
    Shii Ann
    Erin
    Ken
    Penny
    Jake
    Ted
    Helen
    Jan
    Clay
    Brian

I liked Brian. He was a great winner for sure.

My least favorite winner is Jenna Morasca. She was hideous as a person and did not deserve to win.

All-Stars is one of the hardest seasons for me to rewatch, because I can't stand how everyone just let Rob/Amber coast to the end. Really gut-wrenching.

I love that Sandra won twice, too. She's one of my favorite winners and one of my top female contestants ever.

I also love Redemption Island. It adds fun to the game. Yet ironically, RI saved one of my least favorites, Ozzy, twice.
    It is definately memory. When I was a flight attendant I could remember what passengers drank and how they took their coffee when I saw them on a flight, sometimes weeks or months later. It is a young mind that can do this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast