+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Survivor Confessions

Re: Survivor Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I think I've gotten to the point where I find them all Surviror episodes unwatchable now. Even picachu's fabulous pool may not entice me back to Survivor anymore. I sadly remember its early days when I would release my college class a little early in order to make it home in time to watch. That was before the DVR days, at least for me.

I happily admit thought that I really enjoyed John Cochran's play and his win last season.
    I loved John Cochran. He didn't look like he could win, he was crafty and funny and a sheer delight. I was so happy for him
    www, Shoepie, mushybrain and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have watched every season of Survivor, but to be honest, I could not name who was in what season and who won. Most of the time, while I watch this type of show, I am doing something else (am always multi-tasking) which does not help in keeping the shows straight.

I'm with Brooks, I don't like the challenges as much as I like the social and plotting part of the game. Would like more of that.

Love Boston Rob and think Probst is handsome too!
    Shoepie, jucamer and MsFaninNJ like this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Another confession--I like Dalton Ross' Survivor recaps as much as, and sometimes more than, the show itself! Even on seasons I gave up watching midway, I would still read his recaps at Popwatch because they made me laugh out loud.
    navybelle likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

I have seen every episode of Survivor but two. One was Survivor Amazon, the President was on and they didn't replay it until super late. The other was Survivor: Vanuatu, the episode where Eliza was voted off. I was super sick and in the ER. It was Thanksgiving and it sucked big time.

I started watching from the first episode and was hooked.
    AmyKay likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I've already confessed most of my confessions at one point or another. Everyone knows I worship Coach, hate fan favorites like Ozzy, Lisa, Jane, Russell, and Rob, and dislike cowardly all-female/all-male alliances.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I agree about all-male/all-female alliances. That's why I was so tickled when Chris outlasted a female alliance that was trying to get him out and won his season.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Chris is one of my favorite winners ever.

I was pissed when Kim led that female fivesome to the top 5 in One World.

If it's like, two or three guys or girls, then who cares? If it's five or more, then it's a problem.

Like, Eddie, Reynold, and Malcolm were never in the majority. They just sucked and fell apart quickly.

I've watched the show from the beginning, I believe I've seen every episode at least once, I've rewatched some seasons a second time as well. I probably don't remember every player, but I do remember all of the winners.

I'm not a fan of Boston Rob. Of course he did play a great game his last season, but I just think he's overrated by production. I also cannot ignore the fact that he didn't make the jury his first season, and that he lost three times before winning.

I'm no Russell Hantz fan either, in fact aside from the quitters, he's probably one of my least favorite Survivor players. I blame production on a lot of this too, but they were just so obsessed with him, which I'm sure fed his ego. At least with the others who played two seasons in a row (Rupert, James, and Amanda) they gave us time to miss them before bringing them on a third time. Russell's time on the show also seems to have been a turning point in them having returning players every season, which brings me to my next confession.

I'm not a fan of returning players in general, and I personally don't really care for All Stars and Heroes vs Villains. I will admit I've really enjoyed the past three seasons (Philippines, Caramoan, and so far Blood vs Water), and that the last season with all new players (One World) kind of sucked, but I really love that element of a group of strangers who know nothing about each other being forced to work together and decide who they can trust, which is lost with returning player seasons. I doubt it will happen, but I'd love it if they took a break from returning players from next season until season 35 at least.

I guess my last one is that I love Probst as a host in the actual game, and I can't imagine it without him. Some have complained that his commentary in challenges and questions at tribal interfere with the game, and I agree, but I actually really like that he's so into it, I also enjoy it when people like Penner give it back to him. On the other hand, I don't really care for his hosting on the reunion show in recent years...I'd love for him to go back to talking to every player on that season, and less time talking to people in the audience.
    pikachu, Duckyface and JohnnyK like this.

My Survivor confessions:

-I've never missed an episode
    -I love the backstabbing, manipulation, and lying
    -I hate when people get mad that their 'friend' lied or backstabbed them. This is Survivor- you know what you signed up for. You've probably only known your 'friend' for 11 and half days anyway.
    -I love gross food challanges. I could never do them, but I love watching others try.
    -I hate Pagonging- it makes the show very boring
    -I'm not a fan of booted players re-entering the game, even from Redemption Island.
    -I love an underdog win (Cochran) and a mastermind manipulator win (Brian, Troy, Boston Rob)
    -I hate a "this person won because we didn't like the other person" win or a "flew under the radar' win
    -I wish they would go back to a Final 2 and not a Final 3
    -I don't like the 'loved ones' visit- I think it changes the game and it turns everyone into blubbering fools
    -I wish the Reunion Show was 2 hours
    -I love a great blindside...even better, a blindside when someone has found a 'fake' immunity idol and tried to play it
    -I loved Johnny Fairplay's dead grandmother lie. I loved last season (maybe?) when someone changed their Mother's name around to become the new tribe name and lied about what it meant. I liked when Parvati (I think) had 2 immunity necklaces/idols and gave them away at the same tribal council. I loved when Eric gave his necklace away and got voted out.
    -I love it when someone goes rogue at Tribal Council and tells everything to Jeff including who they and everyone else is voting for.
    -I still think Paschal got screwed with the Purple Rock.
    PWS, judibug and JohnnyK like this.

I love all you said and I also like a snarky jury.
    pikachu, PWS and Maybaybie like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast