+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: 11/06 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/06 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    If they could stand Phillip and his pink undies and drag him to the end, Monica should be a piece of cake.

That is what I said as well Bearcata. They showed everyone just how strong they are physically during previous challenges and now they were demonstrating their mental acuity. In addition, Aras is a previous winner which automatically puts a target on him. I can't understand why they both played so in your face. It just demonstrated to everyone how strong they were...even if they just were playing individually...but they were a family team with two really strong players. I would have thought they would try to be more subtle and under the radar.
    I think partly you never know what to expect as to how a challenge will play out and the rush of adrenaline during the competition and the natural rivalry they have a brothers I don't think they realized how it looked probably if both brothers watched the episode like we viewers did they might be going arrrggggghhhh shouldn't have done that.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think partly you never know what to expect as to how a challenge will play out and the rush of adrenaline during the competition and the natural rivalry they have a brothers I don't think they realized how it looked probably if both brothers watched the episode like we viewers did they might be going arrrggggghhhh shouldn't have done that.
    That's true and I can see how that would be...particularly while they were on separate teams. I guess I just expected them to have talked about this pre show and now that they are merged, to have discussed it again and maybe downplayed some of their strengths to make themselves not seem so strong and maybe not place such a large target on their back.

I can understand it all more from Vytas since this is his first time playing Survivor and because he seems to have an inferiority complex when it comes to his younger brother, but Aras is a former winner and I expected better from him. To just go off and meditate and leave the others to plot while he is gone...even if he trusts them...he should know that you can never really trust anyone in this game, particularly when you are such an obviously strong player. And he should have known just how competative Vytas was and managed him better. All in all, I am actually really disappointed in how Aras played. I had expected so much better from him and I really like both him and Vytas and their familial dynamic was one of the really interesting aspects of the game for me this season.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    That's true and I can see how that would be...particularly while they were on separate teams. I guess I just expected them to have talked about this pre show and now that they are merged, to have discussed it again and maybe downplayed some of their strengths to make themselves not seem so strong and maybe not place such a large target on their back.

I can understand it all more from Vytas since this is his first time playing Survivor and because he seems to have an inferiority complex when it comes to his younger brother, but Aras is a former winner and I expected better from him. To just go off and meditate and leave the others to plot while he is gone...even if he trusts them...he should know that you can never really trust anyone in this game, particularly when you are such an obviously strong player. And he should have known just how competative Vytas was and managed him better. All in all, I am actually really disappointed in how Aras played. I had expected so much better from him and I really like both him and Vytas and their familial dynamic was one of the really interesting aspects of the game for me this season.
    This will be another season I don't remember Aras, well, only if the name Vytas comes up.SMH
    Brooks likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

After the two brothers were the last ones standing at the immunity challenge, I knew the smart thing was to get rid of one of them. They can easily compete in physical, mental, strategic challenges. I just happen to believe they got rid of the wrong brother. Vytas is sneaky, he's formed relationships with the women in the game AND Caleb and Hayden from before the switch up. He could easily bring in Tina, Katie, Monica, and possibly Laura and Ciera. That would outnumber Tyson, Gervase, Caleb and Hayden.

At this point, I see Laura and Ciera as the swing votes. Laura's beef when she got voted out was mostly with Aras, and he's now gone, so it's possible she would want to side with the women. Ciera is aligned with Tyson and Gervase, and will likely want to go in that direction. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

First off, they could not vote off Vytas because he won the II. But you are right, he can team up with the women except that I don't think Monica will agree with it because they will be keeping pairs which is not a good thing for them looking forward. What Vytas can do is to split the pairs with the help of Monica by either getting rid of Tina or Laura when the six of them are left then get rid of the other on the next TC. This will leave them to decide who they want to take to F3 between Ciera and Katie. Knowing Vytas he would probably keep Katie. The problem will be Monica because she can turn on you. She's probably smart enough to know that Vytas will get all the votes from the Jury, except probably Tina or Laura (and Ciera or Katie depending which family pair they take out). With an alliance of Women, Monica will be best served taking Ciera and Katie with her rather than Vytas.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 11-11-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    First off, they could not vote off Vytas because he won the II.
    Of course, Obviously my brain wasn't keeping up.

And I agree, Monica would turn on him on a dime.

I get really annoyed with the previews showing Vytas going all primal "how dare you vote off my brother" yet on the other hand you see him and Aras in their confessions boasting how they have this game all sew up and how blind are all the sheeple left on the beach. Well, at least one of the sheeple knew to make a big move.
    Punkin, captain, Duckyface and 2 others like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Two tribal councils, should be good on Wednesday
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011