+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: 10/16 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/16 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    It's possible that if Monica has had a chemical peel, her face would be a more uniform color . . . and I bet she has.
    That's quite possible AZ.I just don't know how its stays THAT nice in such horrible conditions. They haven't socked the vets away in a hotel have they?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Someone on another forum said Monica's face reminds them of that Nazi on Raiders of the Lost Arc just before his face melted away. I don't know what she has or hasn't had done, but it looks really weird and off-putting. It's like it's made of plastic, with no character lines (as I like to call them) or anything that makes a face look unique.

She may have meant she would have Tina's back if they both merged with loved ones, but from what Tina said afterwards and them impression I got, she seemed more like she was tiptoeing around what might happen to her loyalties if Brad makes it back from RI. Now of course, nobody would likely be loyal to a stranger at the expense of their loved one, when it comes right down to it, so I don't fault Monica for that. It definitely made Tina a bit suspicious, though. I would think that helped solidify the decision to vote Laura M to RI in the hopes she can take Brad down. That way Monica will likely stay true to the group because that's her lifeline.

If that were the case, only two of the 5 would have loved ones still in the game possibly post-merge. I can see Tina trying to downplay that fact though, since she's one of the two!
    Punkin likes this.

Count me among those who thought that Laura M was enjoying that massage a little too much, especially for a woman who has been married 20 years (whose husband was probably watching the episode last night). Awkward!

I think John gave Monica the clue knowing that she would toss it in the fire again. Then he knew that NO ONE had the clue and hopes maybe he'd have a shot at finding the idol for himself when he gets back into the game.
    You can add my name to the list of people who found that extremely awkward. I also agree with you about John and his decision to give Monica the clue again. Since he was voted out by his tribe he wouldn't want to give it to them and why give it to people that he has a pretty good idea don't care for him because of Candace. I think he made the best decision for himself. I like John and would like to see him be able to get back into the game.

I am not very good at remembering some of these players and their seasons. Candace for instance I had no memory of, but I guess she was not a very popular player. If I am understanding it correctly she had something to do with Penner and his first season. I didn't remember Penner's season (still can't figure out how I didn't remember his beautiful blue eyes), but I didn't.

I'm also not remembering Monica or Laura M's season so just going by what I have seen so far this season I'm not liking either one of them.

Someone on another forum said Monica's face reminds them of that Nazi on Raiders of the Lost Arc just before his face melted away. I don't know what she has or hasn't had done, but it looks really weird and off-putting. It's like it's made of plastic, with no character lines (as I like to call them) or anything that makes a face look unique.
    I happened to read a recap on another site as well, and that's what everyone seemed to be talking about was Monica's face and how she looked like another person - maybe that's why I don't remember her.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 10-17-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post

She may have meant she would have Tina's back if they both merged with loved ones, but from what Tina said afterwards and them impression I got, she seemed more like she was tiptoeing around what might happen to her loyalties if Brad makes it back from RI. Now of course, nobody would likely be loyal to a stranger at the expense of their loved one, when it comes right down to it, so I don't fault Monica for that. It definitely made Tina a bit suspicious, though. I would think that helped solidify the decision to vote Laura M to RI in the hopes she can take Brad down. That way Monica will likely stay true to the group because that's her lifeline.

If that were the case, only two of the 5 would have loved ones still in the game possibly post-merge. I can see Tina trying to downplay that fact though, since she's one of the two!
    I think Tina was taking Brad's personality into account, as well. It would make sense to team with another who still has their loved one if they do too, but Brad cannot be trusted.

FORT Fogey

It's possible that if Monica has had a chemical peel, her face would be a more uniform color . . . and I bet she has.
    A chemical peel is never put around your eyes, the skin is too thin and tender.
    holly71 likes this.

I must say the longer I watch Candice the more I start to dislike her. Monica was not responsible for voting you off to Redemption Island the entire tribe did that. Very immature to make it personal like that.

As for tribal council, I give Laura B (Rupert's wife) mucho kudos for trying to state her case, trying to be be strong and political correct it was that the eye rolling of the other folks was painful to watch. I was expecting Kat's and Laura M's eyeballs to pop out. Really what else could Laura B do but state her position?

Thinking tribal switcheroo next week.
    Punkin likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I don't blame Laura B. I just cant take to her, I don't know why. But then, as I posted, I didn't like the other Laura either.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Once again I like someone so many others don't. I liked Kat the last time and I still like her even though they don't give her hardly any voice-overs this time. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I don't know Survivor very well.

You see I don't like the fact that those 2 guys are stealing the coconut juice for themselves just like I did not like it when Rupert stole the shoes. I just plain don't like stealing and don't get why so many think it is cool. Is stealing on Survivor like lying on BB, a necessary evil?
    Rupert stealing the shoes was a whole different things---he was sitting there and then all of a sudden the OTHER team tossed him their shoes to "guard" ... thinking he would sit there rather than go to town and try to get stuff to help HIS team. So he took the other team's shoes to town and traded them to help his team. Of course it may have ben editing, but we never even saw them ask him...it came across as very entitled good looking people assuming the shlubby guy would be happy to do their bidding. Also of course it was the pirate themed season...so that did encourage him.

I agree, repeatedly taking all the coconut juice is not that nice. I was just reading an article...there are about 500 calories, almost pure fat, in a cup of coconut milk. 4 coconuts, about a day's worth of calories, and then you go back and eat whatever else the tribe has come up with....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Rupert stealing the shoes was a whole different things---he was sitting there and then all of a sudden the OTHER team tossed him their shoes to "guard" ... thinking he would sit there rather than go to town and try to get stuff to help HIS team. So he took the other team's shoes to town and traded them to help his team. Of course it may have ben editing, but we never even saw them ask him...it came across as very entitled good looking people assuming the shlubby guy would be happy to do their bidding. Also of course it was the pirate themed season...so that did encourage him.

I agree, repeatedly taking all the coconut juice is not that nice. I was just reading an article...there are about 500 calories, almost pure fat, in a cup of coconut milk. 4 coconuts, about a day's worth of calories, and then you go back and eat whatever else the tribe has come up with....
    I don't have a problem with it. Cocunuts seem plentiful and there is nothing stopping any of the rest of them going and doing the same. It is a game and you do what you need to give your self an advantage.
    holly71 and NCLurker like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post

Coconut milk is made from the flesh and high in fat/calories. They are drinking the coconut water which is about 45 calories.

Coconut milk or coconut water: What's the difference? | MNN - Mother Nature Network

The unfortunate part of them drinking the water is the rest of the tribe thinks an animal has contaminated them so they don't eat the flesh. Gervase and Tyson are hurting themselves by doing this too. The flesh is what will sustain them longer and give them needed calories.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 10-18-2013 at 04:56 AM.
    holly71 and Duckyface like this.

+ Reply to Thread