+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: 9/25 Survivor 27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/25 Survivor 27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Aras called Colton the "Gay Russell Hantz".

No.

Russell never made personal attacks like Colton does, did he?
    Maybe he was thinking Brandon or even Willie.

Willie was a difrerent game .... but a Hantz by any name is still a Hantz !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I noticed Jeff had one player sit out of the challenge because it was uneven and Kat volunteered, but they had 3 people rolling the barrel, 1 person in the barrel, and 1 person shooting the balls- what the heck were the other 4 people doing? Cheerleading? Why didn't Jeff say 4 people had to sit out on 1 tribe and 5 on the other? Maybe the 4 'leftovers' were supposed to try and get the balls in the holes and the team collectively decided to just let Gervase and Hayden (?) do it? It didn't seem like much of a team challenge when half the team was sitting out.

And with regards to Colton...I love a conniving player that can manipulate the game. That being said...I am fine with the Colton we saw last night (minus the histrionics and crying shown in the previews for next week), but I loathed the Colton from 2 seasons ago. That Colton was mean, degrading, racist, hateful, and a whole lot of other things I can't even list here. If he wants to be the devious, sneaky Survivor this season I'm OK with that, but if his alter-ego from before shows back up, I'm all for sending him to RI and watching him get beat....badly.

If I'm not mistaken, any or all of the 4 could take turns rolling the ball. It just seems like they wanted to get a feel for whoever would be the best at it.

I agree with you about Colton, when he's conniving and manipulating I like him. However, not so much if he's potentially hurting any of my favorites. It's amazing after all of these seasons, that folks can still be so gullible in believing most of what someone else says, when this is a GAME where folks are trying to win a million. Furthermore, folks lie (even in real life when there's no need to), and prior games show that this is what goes on...

The Loved Ones may not have been able to figure out how to win a challenge yet but at least they seem to be thinking - trying to weaken the other tribe.
    Punkin likes this.

Originally Posted by Maybaybie
    I noticed Jeff had one player sit out of the challenge because it was uneven and Kat volunteered, but they had 3 people rolling the barrel, 1 person in the barrel, and 1 person shooting the balls- what the heck were the other 4 people doing? Cheerleading? Why didn't Jeff say 4 people had to sit out on 1 tribe and 5 on the other? Maybe the 4 'leftovers' were supposed to try and get the balls in the holes and the team collectively decided to just let Gervase and Hayden (?) do it? It didn't seem like much of a team challenge when half the team was sitting out.
    You are correct.

That challenge was poorly set up.
    They had 4 stations/cradles ... so they could have had maybe 2 different groups.on each tribe.
    One person in an 3 roling for 2 stations and someone different in the barrel and rolling it for the other 2 stations.

Or ... they could have had more stations and forced the leftovers to take turns putting the balls in the hole?

That challenge might have worked better for the first RI truel. They could have included the loved ones and had one in the barrel and one rolling ... and then taking turns at rolling the balls.

Maybe they are just running out of challenge ideas. Okay ... do we get the job?
    doolollie likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    We will make a three-person wave after the kick! LOL
    Heck, you could find more than three that are willing...I bet you could fill a stadium. I would love to see it, too.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I like the fact that Rupert is gone. John is stupid not to tell his male alliance that he canít vote off a stronger player to battle against his loved one. Itís reasonable to tell them that he is protecting Candace, the other guys do not have that predicament so it was easy for them but he could have reasoned with them logically and they would have understood. Instead, they got suspicious of him and now got a target on his back.

I wish the returnees lost the challenge because I donít want a returnee to win. They now have an alliance of 5 that does not include Colton so that is all good.

Ok I like the twist of the winner of the RI challenge gets to give someone a clue and the loved one of the voted off contestant can swap places with them. I would like a twist (at least for a few TCs) also where a tribe can (or must) vote off someone in exchange for anybody in RI before the RI challenge starts. So in effect, there will only be 2 instead of 3 battling in RI. It would change the dynamics a lot.

Arielflies: The big question for next week is whether the strategy by the guys' alliance on the newbies to draw out Tyson by voting out Rachel will actually work.
    I read an interview with Jeff Probst he said TPTB had not seen that strategy coming when TBTB came up with the RI trade twist. I thought it certainly added a new depth to the plotting of how to play the survivor game when the newbie guys alliance came up with it.

I knew Rupert was gone as soon as I saw the RI challenge, he has never been good at anything that takes time and skill over strength. I'm hoping Laura can find her strength and prove her worth to the tribe and stay around for a while, at least she has Colton in her tribe to be a bigger target.
    Colton is just as hateful as ever I can picture him throwing a hissy fit rather than compete in a RI challenge, he really hasn't changed at all. He thrives on drama his boyfriend should stop and take note what life with Colton will be like.
    I am not liking Gervase either, I really am not seeing anything likeable about him.
    All the same I'm liking this season so far it really has potential to get interesting.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 09-26-2013 at 06:17 PM.
    Punkin, Hyper and Sticker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by catsrule View Post
    I read an interview with Jeff Probst he said TPTB had not seen that strategy coming when TBTB came up with the RI trade twist. I thought it certainly added a new depth to the plotting of how to play the survivor game when the newbie guys alliance came up with it.

I knew Rupert was gone as soon as I saw the RI challenge, he has never been good at anything that takes time and skill over strength. I'm hoping Laura can find her strength and prove her worth to the tribe and stay around for a while, at least she has Colton in her tribe to be a bigger target.
    Colton is just as hateful as ever I can picture him throwing a hissy fit rather than compete in a RI challenge, he really hasn't changed at all. He thrives on drama his boyfriend should stop and take note what life with Colton will be like.
    I am not liking Gervase either, I really am not seeing anything likeable about him.
    All the same I'm liking this season so far it really has potential to get interesting.
    Rupert has no patience. He is/was very impulsive ... both with making the decision to switch with Laura and go to RI in her place ... and how he approached the challenge.

I also think this season is interesting because it is something that really is new.

Mohandas Gandhi

I have to say that one moment I really enjoyed was after seeing John's confessional about the feelings of guilt he had for not switching with Candace, when she winked at him as she entered the RI arena watching his reaction of relief and joy (fleeting though it was) made me smile. I know what it is to feel so worried about whether or not you've hurt the one you love, and it was nice to see that bit of an honest reaction on screen.
    Punkin, Hyper, Klyn and 2 others like this.

I didn't have high hopes for this season, but I'm really enjoying it. I know lots of people here are Rupert fans but I was happy to see him go. IMO no one should get to play 4 times.

I'm really liking the Tyson/Aras/Gervase/Tina/Monica alliance. It's not an alliance you'd necessarily think of at first glance, and I like that it's based on more than just "we're all guys/girls/from the same season." I'm liking Aras more than I thought I would. Colton is an idiot. He's trying a similar thing to what he did on the guys' tribe in OW, but he's playing with experienced players who have seen what he's like. He's trying to cause chaos in the tribe, but he seemed to be overdoing it a bit with telling people all these different stories and then they started talking to each other and it blew his cover. You need to be more sneaky (and patient) than he was. When the returning tribe loses I bet he'll be the one voted out. And it looks like he has some sort of hissy fit next week.

I'd love it if the guys' alliance self-destructed, with Brad/John getting voted out. There's a lot of talk about trying to weaken the other tribe if Tyson switches spots with Rachel. I honestly don't think that he would. I feel like the tribes are overestimating physical strength when it comes to RI. The RI challenges are usually not all that physical. They're usually more to do with balance/patience/puzzles, more the type of thing that anyone could conceivably win. Hoping Candice is the next to go.
    Punkin and Sticker like this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

+ Reply to Thread