+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Survivor 27 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Survivor 27 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

I may be in the minority (again), but I like Tyson and won't be offended if he does win.
    Minney, monie, AZChristian and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

I like Tyson, too. I have him as the leader in my pool.
    Midol and JohnnyK like this.

Colton was the leader in mine. That's what I get for randomly selecting my members (because I don't want an unfair advantage since I read Spoilers). And we all see how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Colton was the leader in mine. That's what I get for randomly selecting my members (because I don't want an unfair advantage since I read Spoilers). And we all see how that turned out.
    I pick my players and then read the spoilers. I have watched every episode of Survivor and AR and I have it down to an art. Sometimes I surprise myself about just how accurate I am.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fogey

I picked mine before spoilers, too. I had Tina, Aras, Vytas on my roster. I am hanging in there in the middle. I hope choosing the biggest bad ass as leader will help my score down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I picked mine before spoilers, too. I had Tina, Aras, Vytas on my roster. I am hanging in there in the middle. I hope choosing the biggest bad ass as leader will help my score down the line.
    I had Vytas but skipped Aras. My reasoning is that they are the type of young, athletic guys who usually get kicked out around merge...hence not winners and that is how things worked out. I thought Aras had a bigger target since he had also won previously and figured he would be the first of the two to go and he was...barely. Now I did like Vytas a lot and just couldn't stand to leave him off the list and thought he just might be crafty enough and seemed to have the social skills that he could go far...at least farther than some others. I also thought vets usually do better than newbies but Hayden had the most potential of those since he had originally applied for Survivor. He was a true fan who had already had some experience in the art of the social game since he had won what I term the house Survivor...Big Brother and he was physically capable of winning an immunity challenge or two.

I picked Tyson because he was a returnee who had already played a couple of times...and lost because of his own stupidity...but I though of those returning he had the most potential. There were no other big personalities this time like a Coach and Boston Rob that he might try to outdo...which I thought was his downfall the last two times. He was certainly less threatening then Aras...not only physically, but because he had played so dumb last time and he wasn't a previous winner. He was physically capable of winning challenges and was charming in his own weird kind of way and would have the gift of gab if he made it to the final tribal.

I picked Monica because her previous season she showed more potential. She was very athletic (clearly didn't know just how athletic) and had some social game. I had always though Laura was just too in your face, Kat was an idiot, Candice never had a good social game and Tina was a previous winner who hadn't had great luck returning....although I put her in my reserve because she is social and capable of winning challenges and sentimental reasons. (Same deal with Gervase...the sentimental reasons and because I thought he might do well socially and not seem a threat because he had played so long ago.)

Caleb was the one I took the biggest chance on but I figured he had to have great social skills to deal with Colton and he seemed like he had more strategy and sense than most of the newbies...all of whose ladies I dismissed because they all seemed kind of lacking strategically and none of them showed me any fire and real desire to win. The one I really was torn about was John since he seemed so good socially, was athletic and he would have the discipline being a military man...plus he seemed to get the strategy, but ultimately I figured he would just seem to be too much of a threat for precisely those reasons. I never even considered Brad because I thought he was too pushy and they wouldn't let someone so successful in his real life get that far.

See...I could write a book. It is kind of scary how much time and thought I have devoted to this show that could have been put to much better use.
    Punkin likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Vytas will be the bitter one.
    There's no place like home!

That's a good way of doing it.

Now, there are rumors floating around that, believe it or not, the purple rock might be used as a tiebreaker this season, for the second time ever. Victim? Ciera's a possibility.

There is a preview that shows it happening, except the color of the rock has changed. It doesn't show who goes, but you can hear all the reactions.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I hate that it's coming back, actually. It would be fairer to stick with the fire challenge.

+ Reply to Thread