+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Survivor 27 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Survivor 27 Spec & *SPOILERS* thread

Thought I would go ahead and read the spoilers because I'm not really interested in this season. Thanks for posting, all, and I do hope that final three is right.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I hope Caleb (Colton's fiance) is booted on his own merits, and not just because of Colton... With all his hunting and fishing experience he seemed like he might be a useful addition to a tribe. But maybe he's as obnoxious as Colton.
    I watched the preview show and Jeff loves Caleb and thinks everyone else will too. The interview with him showed him to be the polar opposite to Colton. Really nice guy!
    AmyKay likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I saw a spoiler that Colton's fiance, Caleb, is booted second, and Colton quits right afterward. How very unexpected. Not.
    Where did you see that? PM me if not source is not allowed to be mentioned on this board. Thanks.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I read that Caleb might be RI returnee.

Really thought that Rupert was done. Guess he is not!
    Easter Bunnies!

No good place to put this...

I'm very sorry to see RI come back. The best part of the show for me is the interactions and they may be especially important this season. RI takes valuable time away from that.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I watched the preview show and Jeff loves Caleb and thinks everyone else will too. The interview with him showed him to be the polar opposite to Colton. Really nice guy!
    I'm calling B.S. I have yet to meet a super nice guy and great person who wants to marry a racist, elitist man-child. It completely makes no logical sense whatsoever. If you hate a person's views, and are polar opposite to those views, you generally don't want to have anything to do with them.
    It's the producers attempt to redeem their choice of Colton as a returning contestant, despite the fact that most fans have expressed that they don't want him back.

I'm disenchanted with reality tv of late... and it makes me sad! We need new, fresh concepts and approaches to reality tv because it's really becoming the same old drama.

AND word on the street is Ciera is against gay rights... I guess that comes out in the show?

Can we spell D.R.A.M.A with a capital Douchebag?

Another ploy to make Colton and Caleb good guys. We'll cast a anti-gay rights person so our racist guys look better somehow! Ai yi yi.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 09-14-2013 at 10:38 AM.
    Lil Bit and JohnnyK like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

I am so torn about this new season. I have LOVED Survivor from the very first episode. There have been times when I've been disillusioned and even disgusted by what I've seen on the show, but I've always come back for the new season. This time though. I want to watch because it's like an old friend that I just can't let go of, but I just don't know how much of Colten I can stand. I don't allow people like that in my real life and I have no desire to let them into my life through my television screen. I don't enjoy watching that kind of "drama". But, if the spoilers are true, and he leaves the show early, it may be worth it to tolerate his vile presence for a short time. I guess I'll program it into my DVR and see where it takes me.
    sunshine3331 likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I highly doubt we will see the same Colton we saw before. Coming back with his fiance, I think the storyline will be a softer, more tolerant and caring Colton. Will it be the truth? Probably not. But I think he will at least be shown as trying to redeem his reputation.

TVGuide has an article on this season, and Jeff Probst has some interesting insights. There's also a video of the contestants and Jeff's opinion of them. (Not linking because I can never remember if a link to TVGuide is allowed, but the link is on the home page today.)

+ Reply to Thread