+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Survivor Blood Vs Water Pool

Re: Survivor Blood Vs Water Pool

Yes! I knew that my mad teaching skills of the bunny rabbit hop and other assorted animals would pay off one day!
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Wow do I get points for having 3 of my pool team on Redemption island at once?

C'Mon Hayden and Tyson you're my last hopes
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Yeah, this isn't going to be pretty. ;^)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm still working on the results but I can tell you that the scores are much lower this week since there wasn't a reward challenge and there were two eliminations.

I can also tell you that the tribe in the top spot on the overall leaderboard hasn't changed. That's all you get for now!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I can tell you that the scores are much lower this week since there wasn't a reward challenge and there were two eliminations.
    Then shouldn't you be scoring them on a curve? It would be sad if the whole class flunked (except of course for one or two brownnosers).

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Survivor Blood Vs Water
    Episode 9 Pool Results

Episode Recap
    Won immunity: Monica, Katie
    Voted out: Vytas, Tina

Castaway Scores
    Aras: 5 points
    Caleb: 10 points
    Ciera: 10 points
    Gervase: 10 points
    Hayden: 10 points
    Katie: 20 points
    Laura M: 10 points
    Monica: 20 points
    Tina: 0 points
    Tyson: 10 points
    Vytas: 0 points

Weekly Scores
    Bucket/Shoepie: 45 points
    Coral Reef/inthegarden: 20 points
    Crabby Dalmatian/Midol: 60 points
    Dixie Dolphins/dixielandbelle: 65 points
    FameWhores/norm: 45 points
    Fang Manihiki/Fanny Mare: 60 points
    Hear Me Roar!/Hyper: 50 points
    Hippocampus Stampede/pikachu: 45 points
    Jigsaw/JLuvs: 45 points
    Kat’s Brats/Maybaybie: 60 points
    King Kong/Sticker: 45 points
    Kolton’s Kandy Klub/JohnnyK: 20 points
    nevertravelsawonga/tbamom: 35 points
    Pating/Veejer: 45 points
    Ride the Winds/Brooks: 40 points
    Rogue Waves, Calm Seas/Florimel: 15 points
    Team 69/Magnum: 50 points
    Team Maybs/r2maybs: 50 points
    The Blue Lagoon/mesachick: 45 points
    Umi no wani/Evande: 35 points
    Weak & Grumpy/scoot13: 35 points

Overall Scores and Rankings:
    1. Fang Manihiki: 780 points
    2. The Blue Lagoon: 765 points
    3. Dixie Dolphins: 760 points
    4. Jigsaw: 755 points
    5. Crabby Dalmatian: 750 points
    6. Team 69, Team Maybs: 740 points
    7. Weak & Grumpy: 735 points
    8. Hear Me Roar!: 720 points
    9. nevertravelsawonga: 705 points
    10. Bucket: 685 points
    11. Ride the Winds: 680 points
    12. Umi no wani: 665 points
    13. FameWhores: 660 points
    14. Hippocampus Stampede: 645 points
    15. Pating: 635 points
    16. King Kong: 630 points
    17. Kat’s Brats: 615 points
    18. Rogue Waves, Calm Seas: 570 points
    19. Coral Reef: 535 points
    20. Kolton’s Kandy Klub: 475 points

The season is Survivor Blood vs Water and this week, things got bloody. We haven’t seen this much carnage since Survivor South Pacific, when the castaways tore a pig apart with their bare teeth! If you think taking a jar of chunks of shredded pork, floating in a marinade of spit, blood, and tooth particles, back to camp to eat for a snack later was gross, wait until you see what you’ll be eating for the gross food challenge!

I’m sure Kolton’s Kandy Klub is thankful to be on Redemption Island so they don’t have to participate in the food challenge.

The pool tribes are divided up into four groups of five. Five people at a time will compete to finish a food item first and move on to the next round. Then the five winners of the first round will compete to finish a food item. The first two to finish will go on the final round. The person who finishes the last food item first wins immunity. Everyone else will go to tribal council.

The first group up is Blue Lagoon, Umi no wani, Bucket, Team Maybs, and Rogue Waves Calm Seas. They’ll be eating a local delicacy called Kasama Cocktail Peanuts. Of course, they’re not made from peanuts as the name implies. They’re made from hissing cockroaches, with the shells roasted and rolled in cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Blue Lagoon is high on the leaderboard, confident in their alliance, and high in gag reflex so they pick up their roach to appear to be in the game but have no intention of eating it. Team Maybs closes their eyes, chucks the “cocktail peanut” in their mouth, and promptly gags on an insect leg. Umi no wani is trying mightily to convince themselves that they’re eating an old, moldy M&M they dug out of their couch at home instead of a disgusting giant bug but they can’t fool their digestive track, which keeps trying to reject it. Rogue Waves is going for the slow and steady approach, hoping the other contestants will drop out so they don’t have to eat in a hurry. Team Maybs “peanut” makes a break for it, flying out of their mouth while they’re gagging, but they show intestinal fortitude by picking it up off the ground (it’s not like a little sand is going to make it any nastier!) and swallowing it ahead of the other contestant. Team Maybs wins the first round!

The next group to tackle the Kasama Cocktail Peanut is Fang Manihiki, Pating, nevertravelsawonga, Dixie Dolphins, and Coral Reef. Everyone approaches the local delicacy with dread except for Pating. They prove themselves to be a true competitor and freak of nature by munching up their cocktail peanut and asking for more. Pating moves on to the next round!

The third group to get their turn is Weak & Grumpy, Crabby Dalmatian, Ride the Winds, Team 69, and Jigsaw. Each of them has a different and interesting “gross food dance” they engage in to take their mind off what they’re eating. Weak & Grumpy closes their eyes and sways in place like they’re slow dancing, Crabby Dalmatian jumps around like their foot is on fire, Ride the Winds runs back and forth as though trying to escape from the taste of their gruesome treat, Team 69 waves their arms like their putting out flames, perhaps from the fiery taste of the cayenne pepper, and Jigsaw hops from foot to foot kind of like doing the pee-pee dance. Crabby Dalmatian’s technique seems to work best for them and they finish first, moving on to the next round!

The last group is Hippocampus Stampede, King Kong, FameWhores, Hear Me Roar, and Kat’s Brats. Hear Me Roar is still feeling their wild oats and trying to prove themselves to the other tribes so they waste no time tearing the head off their “cocktail peanut”, swiftly crunching up the shell, and swallowing the whole mess before they can puke. Hear Me Roar wins their round!

The next stage of the challenge begins, with Team Maybs, Pating, Crabby Dalmatian, and Hear Me Roar battling to eat a pound of raw octopus tentacles. The gross factor isn’t as strong this round but the tentacles are tough to chew and there are a lot of them so time will be a factor, as will jaw pain. Pating asks if this dish has a name but Jeff says no, it’s just called octopus, duh! Everyone dives in and chews as fast and hard as they can. In the end, Crabby Dalmatian and Pating finish before Team Maybs and Hear Me Roar so they advance to the final round.

The last food to conquer is a Fear Factor favorite—tomato horn worms! Each of them get two big, juicy, foul-smelling horn worms to take down. They grimace and then put their game faces on and go to town. Pating puts both of their horn worms in their mouth at the same time while Crabby Dalmatian chooses the divide and conquer route, eating one worm at a time. Pating bites their own tongue while trying to chew their worms but they’re overtaken by Crabby Dalmatian, who finishes their worms first and runs over to Jeff to show him an empty mouth and breathe bug guts in his face. Crabby Dalmatian wins immunity, but at the same time wrecks any chance of making out with another pool tribe in a showmance tonight.

Prior to tribal council, Jigsaw puts a strategy together to eliminate one of their rivals—Coral Reef. They fear that the Redemption Island Alliance will pick up speed and threaten their own position on the leaderboard. Hear Me Roar has been bounding up the leaderboard, Hippocampus Stampede has worked their way to the middle of the pack, so if Coral Reef sticks with them, they could be moving up, too. Jigsaw tells Coral Reef that everyone is voting for them and they’d better find the hidden immunity idol, knowing full well that they’ll never find it because Jigsaw already has it. Coral Reef desperately goes scouting for the immunity idol and Jigsaw uses that as evidence to the rest of the tribes that Coral Reef can’t be trusted. Coral Reef is voted out at tribal council. Jigsaw leans back in the shadows and covers their mouth to hide their smirk of satisfaction.

Just when everyone thinks they’re safe for another week, Jeff announces there will be another immunity challenge and another tribal council! In the second immunity challenge, everyone will hold a platter with one hand and use the other hand to stack fruit on it, according to which type Jeff tells them to put on their platter. The last person to keep the fruit on their platter wins immunity.

First, Jeff tells everyone to put a banana on their platter. Next, he tells them to add 2 apples. Then, he tells them to put 4 strawberries on their platter. His next command is a bit sneaky, as he tells everyone to put a citrus fruit on their platter. This confuses some people as they struggle to remember which fruits are citrus and which are not. Nevertravelsawonga mistakenly thinks an avocado is a citrus fruit and is eliminated. King Kong craftily chooses limes for their citrus fruit, figuring their small size and low weight will make them easier to hold up, but the limes roll right off the platter and they’re out. Team 69 gets a cramp in their arm and their platter slips, covering them with fruit salad. They’re out! Kat’s Brats laughs at Team 69 as they go down and that momentary lapse of concentration makes them drop their platter, too.

15 minutes in, Jeff tells everyone to find room for a cantaloupe on their platter. Some contestants rearrange their platter to put the cantaloupe near the bottom but lose some of their other fruit in the process. Hippocampus Stampede is out, along with FameWhores, Bucket, Pating, and Weak & Grumpy. A few more buckle from the weight of the platter and the uncomfortable positioning of their arm. Dixie Dolphins is out, Team Maybs loses it, Blue Lagoon can’t hold on, and Umi no wani goes down.

The next fruit is another trick, as Jeff tells everyone to add a guava fruit to their platter. Some people aren’t sure which is the guava in the vast array of fruit they have to choose from. Ride the Winds mistakenly selects a papaya, Hear Me Roar chooses a passion fruit, and Crabby Dalmatian puts a mango on their platter. They’re all out!

It’s down to Fang Manihiki, Rogue Waves, and Jigsaw. They’re told to place a grapefruit on their by now heavily-laden platter. Jigsaw places the grapefruit slowly and carefully but their arm holding the platter tremors and they drop it. Fang Manihiki sets their grapefruit on their platter quickly and focuses on keeping their balance. Rogue Waves has their grapefruit on their platter and watches it roll of the top of their stack, dislodging smaller fruits which escape from the platter and fall to the ground. Fang Manihiki wins immunity!

At tribal council, Jigsaw is gunning for Rogue Waves. Rogue Waves makes a convincing argument that Jigsaw is higher on the leaderboard and thus more of a threat to the other pool tribes but Jigsaw counters that Rogue Waves came closest to winning the immunity challenge and convinces the other pool tribes to send Rogue Waves back to Redemption Island.

The Redemption Island Alliance is down but will they stay there or stage a comeback? And will Jigsaw reveal that they have the hidden immunity idol, use it in the future to save themselves, or go out with it in their pocket? Keep reading the pool results to find out!

Ugh! I have the the worse team ever...
    Watch out Kolton's Kandy Klub I'm working on last place.

Yikes that's pretty close at the top ( gulp) I won immunity. thanks
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Scores will be a bit delayed because I had to take my car in for an oil change and some other minor work this morning so I started scoring the pool later than usual.

In the meantime, which 3 castaways do you think have the best chance of staying in the game at this point?

My guesses would be Caleb, Gervase and Hayden.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Scores will be a bit delayed because I had to take my car in for an oil change and some other minor work this morning so I started scoring the pool later than usual.

In the meantime, which 3 castaways do you think have the best chance of staying in the game at this point?

My guesses would be Caleb, Gervase and Hayden.
    I agree about Gervase and Hayden but I would say Monica as the third. She is annoying but they trust her and I don't think any of them think she can win so she would be the one to drag to the end. Caleb is nice and while I had high hopes for him (he is in my pool after all), that preview for next week makes me think he will be toast soon because he seems to be instrumental in trying to oust Tyson and will be caught and dismissed. While I do think people are starting to notice that Tyson is running things, I suspect the returnees will generally stick together against the newbies since many of them had pre-existing relationships and deals going into the game. I don't think Tyson is going anywhere any time soon and in fact, based on the edit, I am becoming more and more convinced that he will be in at least the final three and probably win this thing. His edit so reminds me of Boston Rob...but, of course, I reserve my right to change my mind after I see the next episode.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

+ Reply to Thread