+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

Re: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

sweetpea ... You clearly have a really strong opinion about Allie and the staging of the reunion and so do I but I just have a completely different take. It absolutely was loaded with lies and phoniness.

What she (and her family) did with the information they originally gave her was their choice and I can only begin to guess at their motivation. She was obviously very excited to be going and was not being naive with regard to her role ... because they were telling her she would be seated on stage. People keep saying what they personally would have done if they were a contestant ... but what if it was your daughter, or your son or someone close to you. I know I would have gone if only to support.

I personally feel that she was wronged by production, and I think she deserves more consideration as someone who was selected from what I am certain are thousands of applicants to be on Survivor. The whole scene she describes in the green room with JP's phony hugs makes me sick.
    They just obviousy carried on this ruse until the last minute and it was just wrong.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

We can argue the reunion show, but it is over and TPTB will never say did anything wrong or explain why it was done. It will be interesting to see how the next season reunion is handled.
    ilja likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    We can argue the reunion show, but it is over and TPTB will never say did anything wrong or explain why it was done. It will be interesting to see how the next season reunion is handled.
    I was not intending any argument. Just explaining/discussing my reasons for my strong feelings. It's all good.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    sweetpea ... You clearly have a really strong opinion about Allie and the staging of the reunion and so do I but I just have a completely different take. It absolutely was loaded with lies and phoniness.

What she (and her family) did with the information they originally gave her was their choice and I can only begin to guess at their motivation. She was obviously very excited to be going and was not being naive with regard to her role ... because they were telling her she would be seated on stage. People keep saying what they personally would have done if they were a contestant ... but what if it was your daughter, or your son or someone close to you. I know I would have gone if only to support.

I personally feel that she was wronged by production, and I think she deserves more consideration as someone who was selected from what I am certain are thousands of applicants to be on Survivor. The whole scene she describes in the green room with JP's phony hugs makes me sick.
    They just obviousy carried on this ruse until the last minute and it was just wrong.
    Do we know Jeff's hugs were fake? Do we really know what caused them to change their plan with regards to the reunion show? Of course not.

If it were my loved one, of course I would have gone, had a holiday, had fun, and that would be that. She wasn't mistreated, embarrassed on stage, made to look foolish, or publicly insulted by anyone. She merely had to sit in the audience, and buy a new dress. I just don't see this as something to get too upset about.

It's likely she is over it. I would hope so.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 05-17-2013 at 07:33 PM.
    GabbyG, mindy384 and AZChristian like this.
    Valar Morghulis

I believe that Jeff and the others at Survivor have treated the contestants just as so much fodder for the mill. I've never even see real concern when someone been injured other than to make the most of it for the cameras. Case in point, they never followed through with Erik's injury or let us know what was truly wrong, but just milked it for the drama. Way back in one of the earliest season, it may even have been the first one, I recall one of the contestants attempting to use the program and claiming she was lied to from the beginning. I didn't believe a whole lot of it at the time, but now I think she told the truth. Wish I could recall who it was, but I just don't remember.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I agree with both you and sweetpea.

Frankly, I think it sucks to go out there with a bunch of people with the thought you would be on stage and then at the last minute are stuck in the audience with no air time. It just sucks.

That said, I think Allie is a moron... and her rant is partly an attention grabbing, over-the-top ploy to stretch her fifteen minutes, so if it were someone else with the rant, maybe I'd be a little more concerned. As it is, I think it was kind of a scum-ball move for the Survivor producers to do that, but I'm not crying any tears for her either.
    Duckyface and ilja like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    Well, I do agree it was wrong of production to lead Allie and the others to believe that they'd be sitting on stage. I don't buy Probst's company line of there not being enough room on stage, why would they even have rehearsal with the pre jury boots on the stage then? My guess is that production didn't know what to do about the Hantz situation and didn't make the decision until the last minute.
    All that said, I don't have much sympathy for Allie either, I mean she still got ten thousand dollars, right? I doubt the dress she bought came close to ten grand. And I agree that it seems kind of silly to fly the whole family out to LA just to see someone sit in the back row on stage and most likely not say one word. I'd probably only ask my entire family to come if I was in the final three.
    I agree and good point about Brandon.

Isn't this all such a shame when this was one of the best season's in recent years????

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Isn't this all such a shame when this was one of the best season's in recent years????
    Yes and no. It's a shame the finale wasn't more satisfying. This controversy however does keep the conversation going on about Survivor and I'm going to be sad to see this forum closed with this being such a great season.
    Photobabe likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

See ... and I think a question to Reynold, Eddie, Hope and Allie about maybe "couples therapy" might have been funny. I also think Frannies' Historical departure was also fodder for fun.

In general I think they really blew the Reunion show ... probably because of the Hantzes ... and it opened the door to all this other stuff.

It gave priority to the saga of the Hantzes and ignored the others. THAT is the problem.
    Sorry I am late reading all these posts, but I couldn't agree more about the Reunion show being blown and all because of the Hantzes. The bolded speaks volumes and even if some of these players didn't make it far why should they be punished when they didn't do anything wrong and Brandon did? I am sure this meant a lot to them and their families and sitting on the stage whether you say a thing or not is special to all of them because they were on the show and proud of it.

Frannies' Historical departure could have been more than fun. I read where she was very close to Cochran, Dawn and Andrea before even coming on the show this time. She told them her worst fear was being booted first a second time, and I read where she was extremely mad at all of them in the beginning. I am sure she had calmed down by the Reunion show, but we have to remember that a lot of these Favorites, just like other Reality shows where you have already played once, become almost like a club and certain contestants become very close on the outside, and real friends. I just feel asking some of those types of questions would have been more interesting than some of the things we ended up seeing. What was done to Erik was horrible and makes me wonder a lot about what goes on that we don't have a clue about.

Also, wanted to make a comment about emotional players not winning. I think that is very true, and usually women will be more emotional than a man. I say usually because Denise last season did not play emotionally and she won. I just wonder if Dawn had played more like Denise throughout the season if she might not have been the winner over Cochran? Dawn is the one who formed the personal bonds and obtained the information to bring back to Cochran. In that sense without Dawn would Cochran have won? We didn't see Cochran having these same sort of relationship that Dawn did. I remember in one of the articles posted on here that Brenda said she was not close to Cochran like she was to Dawn who felt almost like a mom to her.

We only see the edits they want to show us, and yet at TC Dawn said she and Cochran discussed each move of who was going. It does make me wonder - if Dawn had been the type of player (more like Denise from last season) to keep her emotions in check, if she might have gotten the votes to win the game. What totally surprised me was how calm Dawn was at the final TC. She never broke down once. I think her emotions are what cost her the game. By the end everyone was so sick of her there was no way they were going to change their minds. Regardless, we will never know and Cochran did win the game and I congratulate him for doing that.

I am beginning to wonder about all of these reality shows that have been on for so long. I have never missed a season of Survivor, and while I don't have this fantastic memory of each and every one and exactly what happened in each particular season, I just know this is not the same Survivor that started out years ago. I really do wonder how much is scripted in some of these shows. Why are certain people shown so much and others hardly at all? They definitely do not give equal showing time of all the players. I barely got to know certain players. Just puzzles me.

I definitely don't like the advantage given at the last immunity challenge. Earlier is okay, but for the last and most important challenge of all imo is totally wrong. I think back to the early days and that last challenge being so brutal. If I remember correctly it had to do with extreme strength of some type and could go on for hours. I guess I just miss Survivor and the way it was in the early days. Jeff who I really enjoyed in the early days does not seem quite the same to me. Just my two cents for what it's worth and jmho.
    echo226, Duckyface and Midol like this.

+ Reply to Thread