+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

Re: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

I saw Erik's rant. He at least lasted, and was student of the game. He didn't swan about like Allie did. I wouldn't have known who she was, or care to know
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Boring blondes just fade into the background.

All I remember about her and Hope was that they were part of the short-lived Couples Alliance with Reyddie, both voted against Shamar (and failed), and of course, both were early boots.

See ... and I think a question to Reynold, Eddie, Hope and Allie about maybe "couples therapy" might have been funny. I also think Frannies' Historical departure was also fodder for fun.

In general I think they really blew the Reunion show ... probably because of the Hantzes ... and it opened the door to all this other stuff.

It gave priority to the saga of the Hantzes and ignored the others. THAT is the problem.
    holly71, Florimel and Jaceegirl like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Why should they think, being the second or third person voted out of a show that's been on for well over 20 seasons, they should be provided a 'lasting memory' beyond the fact that they were among the relative few who were chosen to be lucky enough to be cast on the show in the first place?

I know I couldn't tell you who the 2nd, 3rd, 5th people voted out of, say, season 4 or season 7 or season 11 were. I'm just not sure how sitting on the stage vs sitting in the audience, being for the most part ignored by the host, is that much different? I understand she may have been told one thing at the beginning, and maybe between the time they rehearsed the reunion and the time it aired, something happened to change the original plan, but to me the way she complains about it seems petty.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    Not even Cochran remembered who she was...remember "which blonde was she again?"
    But remember she was on the Fans team and the only time he saw her was at challenges and then she was gone. I don't think he ever even talked to her so it is understandable why he doesn't remember which one she was. I had to go back and look up her picture and I probably saw more of her than he did.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Dawn, on the other hand, was just so darned NEEDY all the time. It was always the crying, the paranoia, the hysterics, the OTT reactions to immunity wins, or voting someone off, or losing her retainer. She seemed to take so much from everyone. Everyone said it was really hard to be around her 24/7. Even she admits she was a total pill. So her closest alliance members try to support her, sustain her, reassure her, etc and she turns around and stabs them in the back (except for Cochran).
    Exactly right about Dawn! She was an emotional vampire, sucking the essence our of everyone else. And everything had to be about her. If someone won, she was the first to them, jumping up and down, smiling, hugging them....Was anyone else labeled a "Mother of blah, blah blah?" No, only Dawn was called the Mother of Six Adopted Children. Did anyone else have kids???? she had to become everyone's best friend, everyone's mother, etc etc. The world, According to Dawn, revolves totally around Dawn......but she's always so nice and so sweet to everyone...so how can they get angry w/her??

Today, I happened to talk to a friend I hadn't seen for awhile....found out that she used to be friends with Dawn's mother and knew Dawn as a little girl.
    I had to just keep my mouth shut about my opinion of Dawn because she couldn't say enough about how wonderful she was.
    To each, his own, I guess.
    holly71 and Florimel like this.

Regardless of when one is voted off, some folks are remembered for their witty confessionals. If you were tossed early and had nothing fun to say on the side, you're going to be pretty forgettable.

Well, I do agree it was wrong of production to lead Allie and the others to believe that they'd be sitting on stage. I don't buy Probst's company line of there not being enough room on stage, why would they even have rehearsal with the pre jury boots on the stage then? My guess is that production didn't know what to do about the Hantz situation and didn't make the decision until the last minute.

All that said, I don't have much sympathy for Allie either, I mean she still got ten thousand dollars, right? I doubt the dress she bought came close to ten grand. And I agree that it seems kind of silly to fly the whole family out to LA just to see someone sit in the back row on stage and most likely not say one word. I'd probably only ask my entire family to come if I was in the final three.

It's a chance to attend a live tv production and one that is relevant to a loved one even if not featured during that show. Free studio tickets and a $10,000 stipend go a long ways towards making that an attractive way to spend a couple days.

It's very interesting to me that attendance at the reunion is not a requirement of the contract.

Is it possible they didn't get the $10,000 because they didn't really 'appear' like if they were on-stage. If that were the case it would all make so much more sense. If she was paid anyhow, why does she care? I will agree it was tacky to tell her to buy a new dress when she wasn't on-stage.

+ Reply to Thread