+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

Re: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

Well, I read Dalton Ross' interview with Probst, and I am pretty disgusted with his answer to the question about the pre-jury seating. Be forewarned - this is a long rant.

EW: For the first time ever, anyone voted out before the jury was not invited to sit on the stage for the reunion show. Why is that and why was Brandon Hantz not invited to come to the reunion show?

PROBST: Regarding Brandon, we had a conversation and everyone, including Brandon, felt this was the best decision. Regarding the jury, the main reason was staging. We were on a new stage this year and our design couldnít accommodate the usual enormous amount of people we have at the reunion. But having done it once, we may do this same configuration again in the future. The truth is, itís very difficult to manage 20 people in an interview situation, and the staging last night was much more manageable. The hardest part of all of this is that it is so disappointing to the non-jury. I completely empathize with them feeling left out. Like it or not, the priority is for us to produce the best reunion show we can. Quite often when someone is voted out early they just donít have enough story to warrant a spot on the reunion show. It doesnít mean they arenít deserving people, they just didnít get to play long enough.

Oh, brother. As to the parts I put in bold:

1. I highly doubt Brandon would have agreed this was the best decision. All the Hantzes we have seen have shown themselves to be famewhores of the highest magnitude. Not one would ever turn down an opportunity to get his mug on TV to rant and rave about something and scream about how amazing he is.

2. Someone who is voted out early doesn't "have enough story to warrant a spot on the reunion show"???? REALLY? But an anonymous child and players from the first season do warrant a spot????? (LAME, LAME, LAME. And PATHETIC. Did I mention LAME?)

When Jeff said "The truth is, itís very difficult to manage 20 people in an interview situation" I about vomited. Give me a break. Here Jeff, I'll help you with some questions you could have asked quickly and easily of the people you didn't speak to. The questions could have been asked and answered in about the same amount of time it took for Malcolm to embarrass himself on the Bold & Beautiful and for the other nonsense interviews and tweets to take place.

Francesqua (ha, ha - couldn't resist): Did you get any grief about being the first person ever to have been voted out first twice?

Allie and Hope: Were you so enamored of Eddie and Reynold that you forgot basic math? How did you feel when you heard how they were talking about you later?

Shamar: How is your eye?

Laura: Can you tell us more about that bulge in Reynold's pants?

Julia: Was your strategy after the merge to try to fly under the radar?

Matt: Did you try in any way to infiltrate the Stealth R Us alliance, or did you just accept you were on the outs?

Michael: Were you offended by Corinne constantly calling you her gay?

Corinne: Did anyone notice that everyone who talked to Dawn about hatching a plan got voted out immediately?

Eddie: What is 2 + 2?

Erik: If you hadn't been pulled from the game, who would you have been trying to vote out next?

Sherri: What made you think you could get even one vote? Why didn't you bring up how you controlled the fan's tribe before the merge?

Jury: Who would have voted for Eddie if he was a finalist?

Now that wasn't so hard, was it?

Here's a link to the whole interview: Jeff Probst talks 'Survivor: Caramoan' finale and reunion | Inside TV | EW.com

Last edited by mushybrain; 05-15-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    holly71, NCLurker, march and 7 others like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

hey mushybrain ... why don't you email your questions to EW/ Dalton Ross? Perhaps he can contact all those people and do an article? He would know how to contact them and it would be great to know the answers to at least some of those questions. Serious.
    NCLurker, march, GabbyG and 1 others like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    hey mushybrain ... why don't you email your questions to EW/ Dalton Ross? Perhaps he can contact all those people and do an article? He would know how to contact them and it would be great to know the answers to at least some of those questions. Serious.
    Hi echo. Thanks for the suggestion. I might just go ahead and do that.
    NCLurker and TripleGemini like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

FORT Fan

Love the question for Eddie. Now THAT would have been good TV, as he pondered the answer.
    mushybrain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Hi echo. Thanks for the suggestion. I might just go ahead and do that.
    Please keep us informed. Keep in mind that this section of FORT will drop down in a while .... so don't forget us!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

In the comment suggestion following ALlie's rant on facebook, former contestant Chris Daugherty posted this:

"Hey Allie!!!! I feel your pain.... I F@#&ing WON season 9, and they spelled my name wrong on my "Name Tag" at the 10 yr anniversary party!!! I'm LUCKY I was on stage...."

I'm surprised; Jeff has been fine with admitting mistakes in the past, like the Purple Rock fiasco, he came right out and said that they shouldn't have done the rocks with only 4 people.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    PROBST: Regarding Brandon, we had a conversation and everyone, including Brandon, felt this was the best decision. Regarding the jury, the main reason was staging. We were on a new stage this year and our design couldnít accommodate the usual enormous amount of people we have at the reunion. But having done it once, we may do this same configuration again in the future. The truth is, itís very difficult to manage 20 people in an interview situation, and the staging last night was much more manageable. The hardest part of all of this is that it is so disappointing to the non-jury. I completely empathize with them feeling left out. Like it or not, the priority is for us to produce the best reunion show we can. Quite often when someone is voted out early they just donít have enough story to warrant a spot on the reunion show. It doesnít mean they arenít deserving people, they just didnít get to play long enough.
    As mentioned a girl, Rudy, Rich, and Boston Rob DID NOT PLAY and therefore they were not deserving of that time. The time added to each of these comments and discussion could've been used for the players who were eliminated early.

Oh, brother. As to the parts I put in bold:

1. I highly doubt Brandon would have agreed this was the best decision. All the Hantzes we have seen have shown themselves to be famewhores of the highest magnitude. Not one would ever turn down an opportunity to get his mug on TV to rant and rave about something and scream about how amazing he is.

2. Someone who is voted out early doesn't "have enough story to warrant a spot on the reunion show"???? REALLY? But an anonymous child and players from the first season do warrant a spot????? (LAME, LAME, LAME. And PATHETIC. Did I mention LAME?)
    Exactly - this is a complete and utter lie. And let's be real - he's supposedly the Executive producer - he didn't need to discuss anything with Brandon if he didn't want to have him there. If anything, this confirms to me that the Hantzes may have told Jeff if the other cast was there other than the jurors and winner, they'd find some way to interrupt the show or sue.

When Jeff said "The truth is, itís very difficult to manage 20 people in an interview situation" I about vomited. Give me a break. Here Jeff, I'll help you with some questions you could have asked quickly and easily of the people you didn't speak to. The questions could have been asked and answered in about the same amount of time it took for Malcolm to embarrass himself on the Bold & Beautiful and for the other nonsense interviews and tweets to take place.

Francesqua (ha, ha - couldn't resist): Did you get any grief about being the first person ever to have been voted out first twice?

Allie and Hope: Were you so enamored of Eddie and Reynold that you forgot basic math? How did you feel when you heard how they were talking about you later?

Shamar: How is your eye?

Laura: Can you tell us more about that bulge in Reynold's pants?

Julia: Was your strategy after the merge to try to fly under the radar?

Matt: Did you try in any way to infiltrate the Stealth R Us alliance, or did you just accept you were on the outs?

Michael: Were you offended by Corinne constantly calling you her gay?

Corinne: Did anyone notice that everyone who talked to Dawn about hatching a plan got voted out immediately?

Eddie: What is 2 + 2?

Erik: If you hadn't been pulled from the game, who would you have been trying to vote out next?

Sherri: What made you think you could get even one vote? Why didn't you bring up how you controlled the fan's tribe before the merge?

Jury: Who would have voted for Eddie if he was a finalist?

Now that wasn't so hard, was it?
    Perfect questions all of them, though I'd ask Eddie more "you're a medic and firefighter.... which involves life saving stuff... but have trouble deducing that you were in a minority alliance?"

From the interview regarding the final immunity with the EW guy saying rightfully there should be equal footing in the final:

PROBST: Here’s the thing — if you produced the show it would be very different. Maybe more successful, maybe less. If I wrote your column maybe more people would read it, maybe less. Bottom line — that’s the decision we made and I can tell you that we will probably do it again. How ya like them apples?
    Jeff sweetie - we're not stupid. There was a season where you did a reward before the final challenge for the final jury.

The winner got a cot and a protein packed meal to get energy for the final challenge.

You are not only an arrogant chicken (chicken because we all know the non-jury being in the audience is a copout to prevent the Hantzes getting you), you are also an idiot to your own show.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Please keep us informed. Keep in mind that this section of FORT will drop down in a while .... so don't forget us!
    Hi echo. There is no email address to get to Dalton directly, so I just posted my questions on his Survivor Finale recap comment page.

+ Reply to Thread