+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

Re: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    This confuses me. First place is 100k, 2nd is 50k for a total of 150k. Divided in half is 75k. How did they come up with 92k?
    It confuses me as well. I am just glad Cochran won, and didn't have to share
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

So they upped 3rd place but not 2nd place. Ahhh the crazy ways of inflation LOL Thanks for clearing that up for me!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Great article. I think Dawn is quite honest about her shortcomings and honest about what went wrong at the reunion show.

She even defends Brenda... I think Dawn just wants the nonsense to stop:

That's kind of the point. I agree with the assessment that Erik made about the reunion, but I would like to sum it up for viewers (not the players as much), in this way... the reunion insulted our intelligence.
    Their choice of casting of late has shown that they believe we are more interested in good looking people, crazy characters, and controversial players than really great survivor players and the reasoning for the game they played. This was underscored at the reunion by the extensive time they spent talking to Malcolm, Reynold (who did NOTHING out there), and Phillip (and Boston Rob), and other former players.
    They also think we are interested in inane tweets from dumbass people. "it's going to be a show about sharks." Yeah, that represents the intelligence of America. Thanks for representing us with that.
    The demand of an apology by Jeff, and then telling Dawn she wasn't being sincere was also insulting to our intelligence. We can judge for ourselves Jeff, thanks.
    By the way, why DID Jeff offer Reynold an excuse for his poor game play? Jeff said that it was because Reynold was up against favourites, but Reynold lost this game all on his own way back when he chose his 4 against 6 alliance. He was playing with FANS at that point. Is it a "boys club" thing? Reynold is a decent challenge competitor, plus Jeff deems him good looking, therefore he must be forgiven for his stupidity. Please.
    Jeff could try to feed us a lot of takes on a lot of things about this show, but I'm not going to buy his lame attempts at manipulating the audience. We're not as stupid as you think Jeff, and if you continue to insult us, I may just have to quit watching.

Someone mentioned a long time ago how Jeff just tends to favour the men of Survivor who have done well, from Colby, to Boston Rob, Ethan, to Malcolm. I'm not saying these guys don't deserve favour, but he does this to the detriment of women. The women they choose to represent the show are generally dumbasses. Do you think we'll ever see Denise as a spokesperson? I doubt it. It doesn't fit Jeff's MO of what Survivor winners should be. Yuck. And before anyone mentions Parvati or Stephanie L, or Jenna M., take a good hard look at how young and beautiful they are. Where are the Tina's, Denise's, Sandra's etc. It's almost as if these ladies winning don't count.

I want Survivor the game back, not this washed up on shore version of Big Brother.
    Great post! Sandra is the only two time winner and yet we hear nothing ... ever ... about her from Jeff. Yet, Russell who never won anything is brought up constantly and we got to see Brandon several times as well. The women do get shafted ... particularly if they are older and not as attractive. That was my biggest peeve from the reunion. We got to hear from former players who had nothing to do with this season to the detriment to current players who were ignored. I understand not having Brandon, but they could have briefly explained why. Yet, they focused so much on Shamar early on and yet totally ignored him at the reunion...not to mention Eric, Eddie and Sherri. And then didn't even ask the big questions...Shamar why where you such an ass out there? Reynold why did you think a group of 4 could vote out the group of 6? Eric what happened to you out there and how are you now? Jury would any of you have voted for Eddie if he had made the F3? Instead we get some poor, tween who has a crush on Malcolm and is totally tongue tied and stupid tweeter questions. Ugh! The least they could do is to have everyone interviewed at least briefly post show and post it on the internet for those interested.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

That was indeed the worst reunion show in Survivor history. There was no point in talking to that girl, there was no point in bringing Boston Rob, Richard Hatch or Rudy who loves saying queer and is dumb as a door nail and who up to now still doesnt know that he got outplayed by Hatch. They could have used those time to speak to some more to contestants. Eric in particular should have been spoken to because he got medivaced so close to the finale. Eddie's brother had more facetime than him! I would have wanted to know if he would blindside Dawn (because of what she did to Brenda) or Cochran (because he is a strategic threat) if he was not forced to leave. I guess he was not allowed to come back because he only recovered late next day when it was too late to bring him back to compete.

Anyway, I agree that they should have at least talked to some of the pre-jury contestants like Corrine who could have turned the game around, Shamar who was such a jerk, baby and sloth, and Francesca for making Survivor history in being booted twice first. It's obvious that they wanted to hide the fact about Brandon that almost sabotaged the show itself. Not speaking to the pre-jury meant not having to bring up Brandon. I'm just glad that he and his uncle (for threatening Phillip) are banned forever in Survivor.

The preview hints of family vs. family Survivor but we don't know what country or island they will do the show. Some people are suggesting Iceland or Alaska. I don't think that's possible because there will be too much "shrinkage" going on.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 05-14-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    Duckyface likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Yes he is hot. One of the best looking men ever on this show...and the fact that he is likable only makes him more attractive.
    AND he's not stupid. AND he's an obvious fan of Survivor---not as great a student of the game as Cochran I'd guess, but he's definitely thought about it. The thing is, he's such an obvious post merge boot I don't think he'll ever make a jury again if he comes back. That said, and being shallow, I didn't like his hair on the show nearly as much as on the island, and his tie seemed to be strangling him.

I'm sure if Dawn had lost her teeth for real once she calmed down she would probably not have left the show. That was a spur of the moment response to losing them I'd guess. So it wasn't as if she were "lying" about leaving ... just that with rational thought she'd have realized that made no sense. Maybe she could have asked the crew for something to keep her other teeth from moving into the middle. I had a friend in high school living abroad in a place with minimal dental care who lost his two front teeth in a ball game. He spent the rest of the year with a piece of chewing gum molded in there, for both aesthetics and to help with speech issues.

Very, very happy with the winner. His mom did a good job of picking out his outfit and getting his hair done---just the right amount of scruff. He looked cute. I don't know if he had his nose done or if it just looked smaller due to lack of horrendous sunburn. As I've said elsewhere I hope he takes the bar exam before he forgets all his law--keep his options open for the future.

I think what Sherri was trying to say was, I came into the game thinking I could treat you like employees, not get emotionally involved, but I became friends with many of you, but that point got lost... She should have said, I RAN my tribe, I got rid of the cool kids alliance, when the swap came I took the opportunity to meld into the favs, and I stayed low key and UTR so I wouldn't be an obvious vote off.

I thought the tooth thing was not nice. I understand that Brenda wanted to hurt Dawn, but she has to realize that it hurts her "nice girl" image. No way was it going to affect her vote---it was just to be hurtful. And Dawn should have taken the opportunityto say, I was really upset at the time, but I'm sure when I calmed down I wouldn't have left the game. And thanked her again for finding them.

I guess they felt the pre jury people got their two cents in in their comments during the "fallen heroes" walk. But I agree, some of them would have been more interesting than some of the other things they did. I actually enjoyed seeing Ritch--he looks in good health and must be out of jail! And Rudy looks great for any age after 50. I can do without hearing the word queer used by Rudy a half a dozen times, but I realize that's his thing. I felt sorry for the girl...hope she doesn't read the message boards!

All in all a great season.... Go Cochran!

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    The preview hints of family vs. family Survivor but we don't know what country or island they will do the show. Some people are suggesting Iceland or Alaska. I don't think that's possible because there will be too much "shrinkage" going on.
    Isn't excessive cold a lot more risky than excessive heat? Granted I'm no doctor, but if I were their insurance provider I'd be weary.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed View Post
    Isn't excessive cold a lot more risky than excessive heat? Granted I'm no doctor, but if I were their insurance provider I'd be weary.
    I read that they are filming in the Phillipines again so not to worry. They would never do a cold version...no gratuitous bikinis or blurred out body parts.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I read that they are filming in the Phillipines again so not to worry. They would never do a cold version...no gratuitous bikinis or blurred out body parts.
    On the other hand, no pink underwear on men, either!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    On the other hand, no pink underwear on men, either!
    LOL. But we also wouldn't have Malcolm, or Reynold or Eddie...hot and shirtless. I'm willing to put up with the pink underwear for that!

So can we please get rid of Russell Swan's giant ugly photo on the homepage now and replace it with some cool kids photo like Malcolm or Hope? It's been there since like 20 years...yuck!!!
    Lil Bit and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread