+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Really good article about Dawn. 'Survivor: Caramoan': Dawn responds to Brenda
    Great article. I think Dawn is quite honest about her shortcomings and honest about what went wrong at the reunion show.

She even defends Brenda... I think Dawn just wants the nonsense to stop:
    EW: And not only that, but it was a one-sided apology. He didn’t ask her at all about what she did to you at Tribal Council.
    DAWN: Just so people know, at Ponderosa, she did apologize. She did say, “I was just hurt. I felt like my boyfriend had broken up with me. I loved you so much.” And in her defense, she only had a few days out of the game before we went to Tribal Council. So I thought last night was awkward.
    That's kind of the point. I agree with the assessment that Erik made about the reunion, but I would like to sum it up for viewers (not the players as much), in this way... the reunion insulted our intelligence.
    Their choice of casting of late has shown that they believe we are more interested in good looking people, crazy characters, and controversial players than really great survivor players and the reasoning for the game they played. This was underscored at the reunion by the extensive time they spent talking to Malcolm, Reynold (who did NOTHING out there), and Phillip (and Boston Rob), and other former players.
    They also think we are interested in inane tweets from dumbass people. "it's going to be a show about sharks." Yeah, that represents the intelligence of America. Thanks for representing us with that.
    The demand of an apology by Jeff, and then telling Dawn she wasn't being sincere was also insulting to our intelligence. We can judge for ourselves Jeff, thanks.
    By the way, why DID Jeff offer Reynold an excuse for his poor game play? Jeff said that it was because Reynold was up against favourites, but Reynold lost this game all on his own way back when he chose his 4 against 6 alliance. He was playing with FANS at that point. Is it a "boys club" thing? Reynold is a decent challenge competitor, plus Jeff deems him good looking, therefore he must be forgiven for his stupidity. Please.
    Jeff could try to feed us a lot of takes on a lot of things about this show, but I'm not going to buy his lame attempts at manipulating the audience. We're not as stupid as you think Jeff, and if you continue to insult us, I may just have to quit watching.

Someone mentioned a long time ago how Jeff just tends to favour the men of Survivor who have done well, from Colby, to Boston Rob, Ethan, to Malcolm. I'm not saying these guys don't deserve favour, but he does this to the detriment of women. The women they choose to represent the show are generally dumbasses. Do you think we'll ever see Denise as a spokesperson? I doubt it. It doesn't fit Jeff's MO of what Survivor winners should be. Yuck. And before anyone mentions Parvati or Stephanie L, or Jenna M., take a good hard look at how young and beautiful they are. Where are the Tina's, Denise's, Sandra's etc. It's almost as if these ladies winning don't count.

I want Survivor the game back, not this washed up on shore version of Big Brother.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 05-14-2013 at 07:24 AM.
    holly71, Florimel, GabbyG and 3 others like this.

To the Point

Dragonlady, I am a big supporter of adoption, however, I do think too much emphasis was placed on that. A mother is a mother no matter how she became a mother. Just because you adopted a slew of children doesn't make you a great mom any more than having a slew of biological children makes you a great mom. You can be a great mom either way, and you can be an awful mom either way. I understand the sentiment of why they focused on this, but I think by putting so much emphasis on the "adopted" part it did make it sound like having adopted automatically put her several steps ahead. I have a lot of friends who have adopted, some also have biological children, some don't. However, none of the folks I know distinguish between the biological and adopted children. They are just their children, period. What I can't recall is, was it just production that referred to them as her adopted children, or did Dawn also stick the "adopted" in there as well?
    Last edited by NCLurker; 05-14-2013 at 07:29 AM.
    Florimel and Dragonlady like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady
    As for Brenda, I also didn't like her on her previous season...don't remember why though. But really liked her this season. I don't feel like she wanted to humiliate Dawn w/the teeth issue. I think it was more of a challenge on Dawn's earlier words. Brenda was hurt and angered by Dawn and I had no problem with what she did with this situation.
    I have to disagree with the statement that she didn't want to humiliate Dawn. The reason being is that she demanded Dawn remove her teeth but there was no result from that move. It didn't change Brenda's vote or anyone's. It was simply a "you hurt me, now I hurt you" thing to do. I understand why people are ok with it... but I want to call it for what it is.
    NCLurker, PWS, Duckyface and 1 others like this.

Read and I agree with Erik the Reunion Show should be about the people who played not about Boston Rob, not about a kid with braces who can't even talk, not about Rudy.
    ITA - what a way to end a fabulous season!
    holly71, ilja and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I have to disagree with the statement that she didn't want to humiliate Dawn. The reason being is that she demanded Dawn remove her teeth but there was no result from that move. It didn't change Brenda's vote or anyone's. It was simply a "you hurt me, now I hurt you" thing to do. I understand why people are ok with it... but I want to call it for what it is.
    That's not what it was at all. Getting Dawn to remove her teeth was the only way to know which scenario was true (would she have left the game or not). The result was the answer. She did not do it to humiliate Dawn.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

In a strange kind of way, pushing the issue with Dawn could have worked in Dawn's favor. Taking out her teeth and showing it was gameplay and emotional manipulation, and therefore strategy, could have proven to the jury that Dawn wasn't just an emotional basket case but was playing the game hard and playing them. Some jury members may have rewarded that with a vote, you never know.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    That's not what it was at all. Getting Dawn to remove her teeth was the only way to know which scenario was true (would she have left the game or not). The result was the answer. She did not do it to humiliate Dawn.
    I have to disagree, sorry. What difference did it make to Brenda if it was true or not? Absolutely none - because she didn't vote for Dawn and obviously wasn't going to whether or not Dawn did it. So there was nothing in that other than trying to hurt Dawn the way that she had been hurt.
    ilja, Photobabe and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I have to disagree, sorry. What difference did it make to Brenda if it was true or not? Absolutely none - because she didn't vote for Dawn and obviously wasn't going to whether or not Dawn did it. So there was nothing in that other than trying to hurt Dawn the way that she had been hurt.
    I think it was both - it did demean Dawn a bit as a payback for the backstabbing.

That said, it also showed if she was sincere in her claim that Dawn wouldn't play without her teeth. Given that Dawn kept saying she wouldn't take out her teeth, it read to me and probably a few others that Dawn wasn't sincere and also was a bit vain. A better response from Dawn would've been to say truthfully if not having that bridge (and it is a WIDE bridge) would've effected her health and she'd been removed from the game.

My opinion is - had Brenda not found Dawn's bridge, she'd been removed. She is missing what looks like 6 teeth - the four incisors at the bottom and two cuspids. She wouldn't have really been able to eat.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Bit of an update from an interview with Dawn. The producers combined the second place prize and the third place prize and divided it into two equal amounts. Dawn and Sherri received about $92,000 each.
    This confuses me. First place is 100k, 2nd is 50k for a total of 150k. Divided in half is 75k. How did they come up with 92k?
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Second place is $100,000. Third place is $85,000. Half of $185,000 is $92,500.

+ Reply to Thread