+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

Re: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

Dawn = phony to me from her tears to her breakdowns to her so-called apology to Brenda. I wouldn't believe her if she had those teeth notarized. We all have our own views of whom we like and dislike; I do not like Dawn.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I don't know if anyone posted this or not. Interesting interview with Erik. There is also an interview with Dawn and with Cochran.

Evacuated Erik Reichenbach slams the 'Survivor: Carmoaon' reunion show | Inside TV | EW.com
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

FORT Regular

Thanks for the link. Erik got it right on all counts. "Disrespectful, ridiculous and insane" is how I would describe the reunion show myself, not to mention boring and a complete waste of my time. Pregnant or otherwise, Brenda was lucky to have sat this one out.

Blood and Water. Yeesh. If any of the Hantzes' show up, I'll probably cough up blood and hurl water at my TV screen.

FORT Fan

Cochran is going to be recapping Big Brother for Entertainment Weekly according to that link above. I look forward to it! Snark with an excellent vocabulary.
    jucamer and sparklete like this.

Really good article about Dawn. 'Survivor: Caramoan': Dawn responds to Brenda
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I don't know if anyone posted this or not. Interesting interview with Erik. There is also an interview with Dawn and with Cochran.

Evacuated Erik Reichenbach slams the 'Survivor: Carmoaon' reunion show | Inside TV | EW.com
    Read and I agree with Erik the Reunion Show should be about the people who played not about Boston Rob, not about a kid with braces who can't even talk, not about Rudy.
    holly71, march, ilja and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    In my mind Dawn was clearly in second place and Sherri in third but according to the rules of Survivor because neither Dawn or Sherri received any votes or if they had received the same number of votes they were tied for second place and therefore both received a $100,000. In addition all the contestants that show up for the Reunion Show receive a $10,000 appearance fee.
    Bit of an update from an interview with Dawn. The producers combined the second place prize and the third place prize and divided it into two equal amounts. Dawn and Sherri received about $92,000 each.

Way to go, Cochran! Not only did the super fan win, he achieved only the second perfect game in Survivor history by getting every vote at the last tribal AND receiving no votes against him throughout the game, amazing, and Cochran is easily one of my all time favorite winners Dawn did better at the last tribal than I thought she would, and I almost thought she was going to win at the very end...I thought Brenda might vote for her and when Malcolm said he couldn't imagine voting for that person, I thought Dawn had earned his vote. Of course them only showing one vote should have made it obvious. On the other hand,Sherri delivered one of the worst final tribal performances ever, she just totally fell apart...it's almost like she was a different person from the confident woman who led the fans tribe and controlled Shamar. I really felt for Erik, it always sucks to see someone have to leave the game that way, especially when he made it so far. Oh, and congrats to Brenda on the great news!

This was a great season, I really enjoyed it...it's just a shame it was followed by probably the worst reunion show in Survivor history. With so many distractions, it seems to me that Probst and CBS were desperate to prevent anything Brandon related from bringing down the mood of the show. I agree that it probably was for the best not to allow Brandon and Russell to attend after Russell threatened Philip over Twitter, but it's a shame they felt the need to punish the other pre jury boots too. It's also a shame because with the Philippines it seemed like they finally got back to their roots, as it was the first reunion in several years where every player got to speak. Even with most of the pre jury boots and even a few jurors ignored in recent reunions, I would think Jeff would at least speak with Corrinne, Shamar, and Francesca. And ignoring Erik after the way he left the game was disrespectful. All that said, I will admit that I did enjoy seeing Rudy again...he looks great for 85. And Rich! I'm not a fan of returning players, but if CBS insists, I wouldn't mind seeing Rich return, or Rudy for that matter. I'm not really looking forward to Blood vs Water, but I'll talk about that in the Speculation thread. Even with the terrible reunion, this was a fantastic season with one of my favorite winners!
    jucamer and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    Cochran is going to be recapping Big Brother for Entertainment Weekly according to that link above. I look forward to it! Snark with an excellent vocabulary.
    If there's someone who can do that and be as funny - GENUINELY funny like Will Kirby was on "Big Brother" it's Cochran. I wish him the best there.

On another note, Erik's assessment was spot on regarding the reunion, and his explanation about what all happened that caused him to be pulled out now makes sense. It didn't when they said "starvation" and the like - he had plenty to eat the day before or day of and other contestants have returned after getting an IV (Diane from "Africa" in season 3 confirmed this).

And Brenda - I have to say I think that she had a very good reason - besides being too far along to fly - to be at the show. I had a laugh though her showing off her pregnant belly like she did. It was cute if a little too silly and I'm glad she is happy to have a little boy or girl.

Delighted that Cochran won....too bad the reunion show was so bad...and boring. I couldn't help but be so bored after Cochran's win.
    As for Brenda, I also didn't like her on her previous season...don't remember why though. But really liked her this season. I don't feel like she wanted to humiliate Dawn w/the teeth issue. I think it was more of a challenge on Dawn's earlier words. Brenda was hurt and angered by Dawn and I had no problem with what she did with this situation.
    Dawn's apology to Brenda seemed so lack luster and unbelievable. Dawn seems like the kind of person who would LOVE to be a reality celeb....and it would go straight and quickly to build up her ego even more.
    Why do they have to repeat over and over that Dawn is the mother of 6 ADOPTED children? Does that make a difference from a mother of naturally born kids?
    Does it make her a better mother because to me that's exactly how it's promoted.
    Can you tell I'm not a fan of phony Dawn?
    holly71 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread