+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

FORT Fan

Re: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

I'm really happy Cochran won! Good for him!!

I was a little surprised that the jury didn't throw one vote to either Dawn or Sherri at final TC, so they could determine who won the second place $100k. Maybe there was still too much bitterness, anger, etc running through them to think that far ahead. Or perhaps making a statement of a clean sweep by Cochran outweighed any of the 2nd place concerns.

If any of the jury members had been considering giving Sherri their vote, I think her speech at final TC quickly eliminated that possibility. She really faltered there.

The right person won. I really enjoyed Cochran all season ... I even picked him for my pool captain despite that nasty sunburn day one. Once Brandon and Shamar were gone, the season really picked up for me. I even enjoyed Eddie and Reynold! and Phillip!

I read an interview at the Hollywood Reporter Cochran gave post show. He said that the cast got along really well and I think it showed. The jury wasn't bitter ... despite the teeth debacle with Dawn and Brenda ... which I always enjoy more.

I said it earlier in the season, I said it last season with Lisa and pretty much every season where someone cries their way through the game ... THERE IS NO CRYING IN SURVIVOR!!! If you really want to win the game, suck it up, go cry while hiding in the bushes or during your confessionals, or better yet, don't cry at all because if the other contestants see you crying they will not respect you no matter what you do and you will not win this game. I always think women have a harder time winning because they have to walk a fine line between being seen as an strong, competative person and a pushy bitch ... add crying in there and they're toast. Dawn pretty much sealed her own fate with that and apparently it was even worse than what we were shown. An emotional mess is never rewarded in this game. Cochran handled it just right. He owned his game play/back stabbing logically, but, softened it with self depricating humour. It was clear he charmed the other contestants and the producers since his edit was glowing pretty much from the start. I am looking forward to seeing what he does with himself in the future. Good luck Cochran!!!
    Punkin, jucamer and sparklete like this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

I couldn't have written a more perfect ending! Cochran wins the game, Malcolm gets FF!

Sherri and Dawn might as well have not been at the final TC lol. Nothing was said that wasn't true. Sherri did nothing and Dawn just cried and was annoying. I wasn't surprised at all that neither of them got a vote. I had no problem with Brenda pushing Dawn either. And I was right, it had to do with her worrying about the cosmetic effect and nothing more, Brenda confirmed that. I have to wonder if what Dawn said was true though about leaving the game or not. Of course she is going to say no, now that she has her teeth and she was sitting at FTC. Guess we'll never know, but I have my suspicions that she might have really left. Man, Dawn really packed on the weight too didn't she. Her face looked totally different lol.

Loved seeing Boston Rob! Malcolm was looking super hot as usual. I really hope we see him on another show at some point.

This was a really good season that's for sure. I am going to head over the speculation thread for next season now lol. Blood vs Water...
    jucamer likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Somehow, I don't see Cochran writing sitcoms or other goofy things. I could be wrong. I doubt that he is going the stereotypical nerd route. I can't see him allowing himself to be pidgeonholed like that. He's too smart.
    jucamer likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The market for new attorney positions has been really tight in recent years and paying really poorly. Including the boston area. Perhaps Cochran has a leg up, but there are reasons to look elsewhere as to how to use a new law degree, especially if he has student loans to pay off.

I agree the jury did not seem particularly bitter to me. Brenda seemed the most bitter, but she did vote for Cochran and not Eddie.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    . . . but there are reasons to look elsewhere as to how to use a new law degree, especially if he has student loans to pay off.
    He's got a million ways to pay off his student loans.
    sweetpea and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Somehow, I don't see Cochran writing sitcoms or other goofy things. I could be wrong. I doubt that he is going the stereotypical nerd route. I can't see him allowing himself to be pidgeonholed like that. He's too smart.
    Actually, it was Cochran himself who said that. I've read it in several interviews now and I can really see him doing something like that ... SNL pops to mind. Mind you, he would have to move from DC to LA or NY, but, either way it should be interesting to see what he decides to do with his career. I have no doubt that he has a good head on his shoulders and will do well no matter what he chooses to do with his life.
    AZChristian and Photobabe like this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I knew that he said he wanted to try his hand at writing, but I didn't think he said anything about the genre. I could be wrong, and wouldn't be surprised!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    He's got a million ways to pay off his student loans.
    Well yes, now that he's won. ;^) But he obviously hasn't been looking for a position as an attorney, and that process would have started a long time ago, long before he could have dreamed of such a spectacular finish.

Some random thoughts:

I am so glad Cochran won. He played a great game. His answer to Malcolm's question at final tribal was brilliant - he stroked Malcolm's ego with honesty by telling him the difference between them is his (Cochran's) insecurity. Cochran's answer to the silly question about what animal they would be (can't remember who asked it) was also genius. Chameleon. Perfect.

Very disappointed that Brenda did not just take the high road with Dawn and her teeth. I can sympathize with Brenda's feeling betrayed, but it made me very uncomfortable and a bit disappointed in her.

Eddie is dumber than a bag of sticks (with apologies to the sticks). I'm surprised he didn't say that his B&B (Beer & Bark) would only be open to cool, good-looking people who had cool, good-looking dogs, or that cool, good-looking dogs would be the waitstaff. Bless his tiny little brain.

Reynold proved yet again what a narcissist he is. Hello, Dawn. Tell me about ME, times three!

I really like Erik, and I'm sorry he was pulled from the game, but he needs to grow a pair. He had power at final tribal. When Sherri told him to go sit down, he slunk away with his tail between his legs. He should have asked more questions and told her he would sit down when he was good and ready to sit down.

Andrea was all class.

Phillip is still delusional. I'll bet he thought he was absolutely destroying Sherri by rescinding her membership in S'R'US. She must have been devastated.

The reunion show was TERRIBLE. Everyone on the season deserved a chance to sit on that stage, even if it highlighted the fact that Brandon had been banned. Jeff could have addressed why he wasn't there, and no one would have blamed the producers for not giving him more screen time to display his lunacy.

Jeff should have talked to Erik and Michael. I would have loved to know what Michael thought about Corinne calling him her "gay" over and over.

Speaking of gay, it was nice to see Rudy in the audience, and I am grateful to him for his service to our country, but what a waste-of-time interview.
    He provided no insight or thoughts on the season. He was just stuck on saying the word "queer". And another many seconds were wasted on Hatch.

I didn't mind seeing BR. He was relevant to the game because Phillip made him relevant to the game. The hawking of his book was lame, though. (Is that even a real book, or just something he made up for Phillip?)

And I beg of you, Survivor producers, PLEASE stop interviewing irrelevant audience members!!! The young girl was cute, but no one cared what she had to say about Malcolm. Jeff said that young people love Malcolm. OK. We believe you, Jeff. Young people love Malcolm. Move along.

I'm also pretty sure that the world would not have stopped spinning if we didn't have those inane tweets read to us. Maybe it's my bias against Twitter
    and people's desire to gift the world with every darn thought that pops into their head.

I also really, really, really wish Jeff would have asked Eddie and Reynold (E&R) about their "cool kid" alliance. Jeff could have asked whether "cool kid" math
    is somehow different from standard math where 6 beats 4 EVERY TIME! They deserved to be ridiculed in typical Probstian manner.

And speaking of the cool kids, it would have been interesting to hear what Allie and Hope thought about E&R talking about their looks and "F---ability."

Anyway, it turned out to be a great season after all, with a very satisfying ending.

See you all for Blood & Water!
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

+ Reply to Thread