+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

Re: 5/12 Survivor 26 Caramoan Finale and Reunion Show Thread

It's very obvious that Dawn was way way worse than we got to see. Imagine that for 39 days
    I kept saying she made me feel edgy, no wonder. I hope she never plays again

Malcolm looked good, a little too Fabio looking lately and he can't act for beans. I am okay with him winning FF

Sherri, I called her right away- smug!! and to announce she had 75 employees was stupid, I am happy she was basically ignored. She was so rude to Erik
    Eddie was pretty good when Erik went down, telling him, us Jeff what was going on.

John Cochran, I love how this guys brain works. Flowing locks he doesn't have, but his brain is far sexier to me
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 05-13-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    Photobabe, Midol and sparklete like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I think Cochran got backlash from the Brenda ousting. I think he would have won it hands down if it wasn't for that. People felt sorry for Brenda so they voted in droves for her. I actually wish she'd won over Malcolm. I just don't get the love for him. I think he's full of himself and not at all sweet. And I think Reynold is better looking and more interesting than him. I really think that cool kids talk was to make for "good TV." I actually loved Reynold at tribal council when he told Dawn the truth shall set you free. Being called bad things didn't upset him at all. I appreciate that kind of attitude a lot more than Malcolm's. Yes I'm in the minority, but I'd love to see the final TC Reynold play again. He's a hoot.
    I'm so happy I'm not the only Reynold fan! I'd love to see him back in a future season.

After Eddie told his lame idea about using his winnings to start a bar with a dog service or whatever, I was gald he didn't win.

I really wanted Erik to win this season to redeem himself from the last time he played but it ended up it was Cochran who redeemed himself. He totally deserved the win. I'm thrilled that Dawn didn't get a single vote. Good for the jury seeing through her phony baloney.

I'm glad Malcolm won Fan Favorite. Personally, I don't like men with long hair so I wish he'd cut it. I like his personality, though, and I applaud his bold game moves. He kept things interesting this season!
    Midol likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

I don't like long hair either. Cochran's head on Malcolm's bod would be fine by me!

I think if Dawn had shown remorse for having blindsided Brenda, at the time it happened (either at TC or the next day or two), she would have escaped most of the backlash. I hoped it was just edited out but there really wasn't any sign of it. I agree with Malcolm that she had to own her decisions at the time of final TC, but leading up to it she might have shown something. And not just one of her generic meltdowns.

I like that Eddie likes dogs, just not that he thinks his drunk patrons should drive them home afterwards. It was a lovely Eddie scene with the medvac.

Phillip managed to make it through the Reunion without plugging his book! Bet he wanted to after Rob showed up with one.
    Last edited by Brooks; 05-13-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    First and foremost, I'm happy Cochran won. I do feel he played the best game out there. For the record, to the person who mentioned it, (sorry it's buried deep in the thread). Nerds are not getting cooler... they have always been cool, it's just people are starting to see it finally.

I can understand why people are happy Brenda got her revenge by telling Dawn to take her teeth out. The way I feel though, is that it should have ended there. Brenda completely humiliated Dawn and isn't that enough? Brenda made Dawn take out her teeth, Dawn lost in a clean sweep... how much does Brenda expect here? I think past this point, Brenda is playing the "poor little me" card, and it's pretty immature. Dawn has apologized to Brenda, but everyone demanding she do it over and over and on air is ridiculous. I don't blame Dawn if she was disingenuous... enough already.

I guess what I meant by that was that I felt that maybe Dawn and Brenda had already 'made up' and that whole scene was a ploy for ratings- not that Dawn's apology needed to be more heartfelt....sort of like "Brenda already knows we're good"...

ETA: I know you quoted me, but I don't know how to double-quote...sorry!! This is what I said that you quoted..

I really felt that since Dawn did take out her teeth that Brenda would vote for her- guess not. In her Ponderosa clip she didn't seem bitter at all and made mention that it was just a game. Either the producers had a hand in the fact they haven't spoken or Brenda was a still angry at her. Either way, I felt Dawn's on-air apology lacked some feeling when she said it- it sounded more like "yeah..yeah...Brenda knows I'm sorry....blah...blah...blah."
    spockwhat likes this.

In one of Brenda's exit interviews she said she hadn't spoken to Dawn since being voted out. So I was surprised they came across each other at Ponderosa. I don't think they had reconciled, but I'll bet her dad gave her some excellent advice about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    At least it doesn't affect the actual end-game, unlike with other shows.
    I agree on the long haired guys not winning fan favorite, but last season it was Lisa who won fan fave, and there were plenty of people that season whom I'd say qualified for it (her, Malcolm, Supkin, Penner and a couple of others).

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I
    I really wanted Erik to win this season to redeem himself from the last time he played but it ended up it was Cochran who redeemed himself. He totally deserved the win. I'm thrilled that Dawn didn't get a single vote. Good for the jury seeing through her phony baloney.
    I think Erik did redeem himself by not giving anyone his immunity necklace. That said, like you I do wish that his health didn't drop so dramatically that he had no choice but to leave the game. It had to be really bad though because I remember Diane in "Survivor: Africa" (season 3) collapsed, but she said post interview she was given an IV and was able to return, even if she was eliminated first.
    Midol likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks
    I don't like long hair either. Cochran's head on Malcolm's bod would be fine by me!
    That is one freaky visual.

I have to say, I just loved Cochran's look at the reunion. The glasses especially were flattering.

Maybaybie, thanks for the clarification.
    Maybaybie, jucamer and Midol like this.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    You think Dawn was breaking down and fake crying? Why would she do that? Especially if everyone was saying it was a daily occurrence and annoying everyone. Not a great strategy. In fact from what the questions the jury was flinging at Dawn I get the impression if she hadn't broken down as much she would have gotten votes.
    I think she was feeling genuine exhaustion (and who knows what other middle-aged woman hormonal issues). Perhaps (conjecture) in her daily life, those breakdowns work for her. If it was, in fact, her strategy, she wouldn't be the first contestant with a bad strategy . . . even if she didn't realize how bad it was. There are others (cough * stealth-r-us * cough) who seemed oblivious to the fact that they were not respected for their strategy.

And, yes, when she freaked out about her teeth, it was strategy, IMO. She was very straightforward (and tearless) in telling Brenda at FTC that she would NOT have left. Why else would she have freaked out, other than trying to manipulate Brenda? If something happens that pulls you from the game, you go. No one else that I can remember has EVER acted like that when being removed for medical reasons (the closest comparison to lost teeth).

I used to really like Dawn, but watching her this season really caused me to do a 180 on her.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess I am the only person on the planet who does not think that Malcolm is 'gorgeous'. He has good hair, and that's about where it stops for me. I find him arrogant, and that probably affects how I see him. I saw his appearance on The Bold and The Beautiful.......

I also think that whether Brenda and Dawn become friends remains to be seen. Somehow, I don't really see that happening. Like Iyanla would say, "You might make it to my Christmas card list, but you sure won't be invited to my house for turkey!" Even though it's a game, I know I'd be hesitant to let her get close to me again. The words, "You knew I was a snake when you took me in!".....Fool me once......yada, yada, yada......
    DesertRose, GabbyG and AZChristian like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread