I'm on the west coast, so I'm not reading these comments right now. However, I wanted to pop in and say that Eddie has redeemed himself a lot by his behaviour during Eric's med evac. Eddie actually showed a brain and compassion - who knew?
Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
A few points:
1. I knew Cochran was going to win this unless Eddie and/or Erik were in the mix. Sherri was never a threat to his winning and Dawn sealed her fate voting out Brenda. (BTW - last time I checked, second and third each get $100,000 if it's a tie, the difference of $75K and $100K if there is a vote i.e. 6-2-0).
2. I can't believe Sherri still seriously thought that she'd win at least a vote, and I felt that her comments to Erik were mean spirited.
3. Talk about a heck of a way to be eliminated so short to the finals. I really truly felt for Erik being eliminated that close to the finals, and I don't think Cochran would've won the final challenge had Erik been healthy as he was pretty good a puzzles.
4. Regarding 3, was SO GLAD Eddie was there to help tell Erik what was going on and what he was being given because while the on-site medics are kind and friendly, they aren't quite as close to the contestants as they are to each other. I think even the Medic was happy too.
5. I didn't watch much of the reunion, but I am in agreement that they didn't do the pre-jury boots this season because of Brandon. I feel for a lot of them, such as Francesca who was voted out first twice - a first - and oddly for being a "threat." I can understand the reason - there is no way I'd want Brandon and Phillip anywhere near each other.
6. I was hoping Rob would lay into Phillip and tell him that his supposed "rules" that he learned from Rob didn't make sense - and succinctly that Phillip was brought by Rob because he was a goat to guarantee that Rob would win the money.
7. Good to see Rudy there and he looks great for 85.
8. Rich can go hide under a rock, because he's in jail and/or still in default on taxes because he's claiming that the show said they'd pay them. I'm STUNNED CBS even bothers showing the guy given the lies he's espoused about that so-called 'promise' that always changes in aspects each time he tells it.
9. Would've liked to seen Brenda win fan favorite, but not surprised Malcolm did. I do think they were really the only two deserving who would've had a chance to win it. Francesca would be the third; however she was eliminated so soon hurt any chance she had.
10. Disconcerted with the idea for next season even with the speculation. If some of that comes true... this show will have jumped the shark.
I think Brenda had Dawn do it to show if her comments about leaving the show were genuine or not if she had to play without the plate - be it a vanity issue or a health issue of sorts. Given that Dawn wouldn't do it and Brenda wouldn't back down, I think it told Brenda that she was being a drama queen.
I may be odd person out, but I had no problem with Brenda's behavior at Final Tribal. Dawn made that bed. Brenda just made her lie in it.
Do you want to see the Cook Islands Great Humpback Whale? Ozazy Lusth from Survivor! Ozzy, I want to see the great cook Islands Humpback Whale!
I liked the poetic finish where The Ultimate Fan, Cochran, wins 'Fans v. Favorites.'
Unlike in some previous seasons, it was very clear from the expressions on the faces of the jury who they were going to vote for.
"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen
I was so nervous. I loved loved loved the final TC
Sherri is a b###%,I would hate to work for her
John, I ♥ you- I am so happy for you
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person