+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree547Likes

Thread: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Colby Donaldson hasn't done so badly by playing as admirably as he did. He's made a tv career for himself and currently hosts a successful show, Top Shot, on the History Channel, that will be starting its fifth season. I'm sure he isn't hurting financially from it and I applaud him.
    NCLurker, sweetpea and mesachick like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't think anyone has a problem with her kids being her reason for wanting to win. It's that she thinks that it trumps anyone else's reason to win.
    Did she actually SAY that? Or are you just reading that into what she did say? Because I really don't recall her saying that...but I did miss one episode and my hearing and memory aren't what they used to be.

So when did she say, my reason for winning is more important than anyone else's?
    TripleGemini, Duckyface and ilja like this.

FORT Fan

She didn't. She said, "My reason for WHINING is more important than anyone else's."
    holly71 likes this.

I don't know if Dawn actually said that, or if the editors are playing fast and loose creating that storyline when putting together her PIs and showing her pleading with Eric to help her get further in the game. The implication is that Dawn is doing this out of some desperate need to provide for her children and yeah, it does come across as a bit desperate at times. It doesn't help that they keep showing her seemingly on the brink of a breakdown.

Now, I'm not one to begrudge her wanting the money. For any family with that many children, winning that money would help a lot. But I always then think, well, these people are taking time away from their jobs, earning money to provide for their children, in the hopes of somehow making it to the end and winning "the lottery" so to speak. So they can't be that desperate for the money if they can take that much time away, not once but twice, in order to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    No actually, not everyone feels that way. I think some people don't care what other people's reasons are, but I don't see anyone but Dawn voicing her opinion over her needs being superior than anyone else's.
    When did she say that her needs are superior? I have never heard that or anything like it from her. It's possible I missed it. I have all the shows still on DVR so if you tell me when she said anything like this I will go watch and perhaps my perceptions of her will change.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Same here. I've never heard her say it. Overall, I'm a fan of Dawn but I'm quite realistic about what I like or don't like about her. I try not to add anything to it because I don't think it's fair to her as a person to make assumptions.

It's funny to me that someone doesn't say something, but it's completely read into:
    Dawn wanting to help her kids means she thinks her reasons are more important than others. Yet, we have had people say this season things that were flat out awful, and people shrug it off, like, they didn't mean anything by it. It truly is funny to me.

What people say means a lot to me in this game. What people read into or out of what they say is just conjecture.
    NCLurker, Alexxxx, ilja and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I don't know if Dawn actually said that, or if the editors are playing fast and loose creating that storyline when putting together her PIs and showing her pleading with Eric to help her get further in the game. The implication is that Dawn is doing this out of some desperate need to provide for her children and yeah, it does come across as a bit desperate at times. It doesn't help that they keep showing her seemingly on the brink of a breakdown.

Now, I'm not one to begrudge her wanting the money. For any family with that many children, winning that money would help a lot. But I always then think, well, these people are taking time away from their jobs, earning money to provide for their children, in the hopes of somehow making it to the end and winning "the lottery" so to speak. So they can't be that desperate for the money if they can take that much time away, not once but twice, in order to play the game.
    If I remember correctly ... and this was years ago ... I believe the first person out gets $2,500, the second out gets $3,500 and so on until the the last four who get $50,000, $75.000, $100,000 and $1,000,000 ... plus, now there is now money for fan favourite as well. So even if you don't make it to jury and go home that first week, you will still get a nice little pay cheque. At most you are gone for about 6 weeks so I think most would make more money in that time than if they are working their regular jobs ... unless they are some highly skilled professionals.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Not a bad payout at all for those who make it deep into the game. For many, that would equal a year's pay! I didn't realise they made that much.
    Valar Morghulis

I think I was the first person to use the term entitled with respect to Dawn. I didn't mean it with regard to winning but rather how she would get there, that her kids were so in need of this money that she was entitled to behave as heinously as it took to get there. It goes to a single confessional.

I think she has found that she did indeed cross a line. Too many of the other contestants are singling her out on this for me to believe it was just editing. So while I wish she didn't have to go through this I do think she largely brought it on herself. I hope she doesn't appear again because she's too conflicted to play this game.
    mesachick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    If I remember correctly ... and this was years ago ... I believe the first person out gets $2,500, the second out gets $3,500 and so on until the the last four who get $50,000, $75.000, $100,000 and $1,000,000 ... plus, now there is now money for fan favourite as well. So even if you don't make it to jury and go home that first week, you will still get a nice little pay cheque. At most you are gone for about 6 weeks so I think most would make more money in that time than if they are working their regular jobs ... unless they are some highly skilled professionals.
    I thought everyone was gone for the same amount of time so there would be no clues about how they did. Those who don't make jury end up at Loser Lodge. Probably still an awesome vacation but you're stuck there.

+ Reply to Thread