+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree547Likes

Thread: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    I feel bad for Brenda, but I can see why they turned on her, she especially became a huge threat to win after letting everyone see their families. That dilemma is a real lose-lose situation though...if she chose for her and Dawn to see their families it would look selfish, and even when making the other choice it could make you appear to be a bigger threat. It's too bad Cochran and Brenda never got in a final 2 alliance since they were my favorite players left, but since they're both big threats to win it all I can see why they'd plot against each other.

I don't dislike Dawn for the move she made, but she's just so emotional. Granted everyone was during the family visit, but Dawn's been crying the whole season...was she this bad last time? I don't think she'll win, especially if Brenda confronts her at the last tribal, she just doesn't seem tough enough emotionally, and people who cry at the last tribal don't tend to get much sympathy from the jury. I think Eddie would only get the votes of Reynold and Andrea. I could see Sherri or Erik winning if the jury's bitter, but Sherri's been quiet since the merge and Erik hasn't done much at all...though I've heard somewhere that he could have won the first Fans vs Favorites if he didn't give up immunity and won the last two challenges. That leaves Cochran, and maybe it's my personal bias, but I think he would do great at the final tribal...he's in law school remember, and just like in the courtroom, at the final Survivor tribal you have to convince a jury to come to your side. So my guess is that Cochran wins if he makes it to the end...if not, then my guess would be Erik or Sherri.

This season has really picked up since the merge in my opinion. It started out pretty bad with the Fans getting destroyed and the fact that Brandon and Shamar probably shouldn't have been there. But post merge it's been exciting with so many blindsides, from Corinne to Philip to Andrea and now Brenda. The first Fans vs Favorites was the same way...terrible start but exciting post merge. I wouldn't say I like this season better than Philippines, but it's nice to have two consecutive good seasons after a few that, in my opinion at least, were lackluster.
    Eddie will either get no votes or 1 from Reynold. Andrea is a smart girl and she is a strategist she is going to vote for who ever she thinks played best and that person is not Eddie. Just because they flirted a bit does not mean Eddie has her vote.
    PWS and Shoepie like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Oh, but she doesn't feel entitled to win because she has kids over anyone who doesn't? Well that just flies in the face of that argument doesn't it. LOL
    ??? Her reason for wanting to win is her kids. I'm sure she realizes other people have other reasons. But her kids are HER reason. That doesn't mean she thinks her reason is best, and can only be trumped by people who adopted 10 kids all with special needs. It just means it is her reason. I think you are reading that feels entitled to win because it's for her kids into it. The interviewer probably says, so why do you want to win Survivor, and that's what she says. They are editing her as the mom figure, that's the kinds of edits they choose for her. Sherri is actually a mom with a special needs kid, but you never hear her talk about that... she always gets the cougar edit. But I bet when they ask Sherri why she wants to win she doesn't say so I can continue to pay trainers and plastic surgeons and look hot into my 80's.
    Shoepie and Duckyface like this.

FORT Regular

I don't watch the aftershow clips but I am glad to learn from FORTers that Brenda has gotten over her breakdown and is enjoying herself at Ponderosa. I believe she was really upset at that time of her ouster because she had given up the chance to be with her father earlier on (whom she was clearly very attached to) and just wasn't expecting that moment of betrayal.

Have to admit I got a little over emotional myself because I genuinely like her this season. Her first time round, I did find her to be a bit mean, but I also thought it was part of her stategy as she was playing along with Ozzy (which led to her ultimate demise).

There was a mention earlier on about Erik not having much of a case for himself at Final TC, which I would have to disagree with. Just the fact that he played smarter this season by not giving away his II (the one he won at challenge, not the hidden one) should be a valid point of argument. And the fact that he flipped his vote to oust Philip in that particular episode might earn him some favors with the Golden Boys (still loving that 'FillUp'!!)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    ??? Her reason for wanting to win is her kids. I'm sure she realizes other people have other reasons. But her kids are HER reason. That doesn't mean she thinks her reason is best, and can only be trumped by people who adopted 10 kids all with special needs. It just means it is her reason. I think you are reading that feels entitled to win because it's for her kids into it. The interviewer probably says, so why do you want to win Survivor, and that's what she says. They are editing her as the mom figure, that's the kinds of edits they choose for her. Sherri is actually a mom with a special needs kid, but you never hear her talk about that... she always gets the cougar edit. But I bet when they ask Sherri why she wants to win she doesn't say so I can continue to pay trainers and plastic surgeons and look hot into my 80's.
    I don't think anyone has a problem with her kids being her reason for wanting to win. It's that she thinks that it trumps anyone else's reason to win.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't think anyone has a problem with her kids being her reason for wanting to win. It's that she thinks that it trumps anyone else's reason to win.
    Doesn't everyone think that their reason for wanting to win trumps everyone else's? I mean, you either want to win or you don't, but if you've gone on a reality show, I would think you did it planning to win.
    Duckyface, Dragonlady and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Doesn't everyone think that their reason for wanting to win trumps everyone else's? I mean, you either want to win or you don't, but if you've gone on a reality show, I would think you did it planning to win.
    Exactly!
    I know for sure that I would make a lousy candidate for this show, partly because I don't like the conditions I'd have to live with and also because I can't do the scheming, back-stabbing, manipulations, etc that is absolutely required if you want to win.
    I really liked Brenda this season and was sorry to see her ousted.
    And thanks everyone for mentioning the Ponderosa videos...I had forgotten about them and they're great.
    cablejockey likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

On coping and loyalty...

Coping: Most people can't imagine what an emotional toll you pay while trying to survive harsh outdoor environments. Even the strongest among us can be broken while the most unlikely thrive with a given set of circumstances. So many variables!

Loyalty: While playing for a prize of $1,000,000 it's vastly overrated! Ask Colby Donaldson. It cost him $900,000!

Conclusions! Jump to them at your peril.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

What a good game this is. :u[
    jucamer likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

It is a good game. All the contestants know what they are getting into, and no one is doing this out of necessity of the money. Sure, they have wants... and the money will make things easier for some, no doubt. But there are no dire needs here.

Reading earlier, I see that the contestants take it personally when they are blindsided because of their "friendships" outside the game... it's like a club. It doesn't make sense within the parameters of the game though. If you reveal you're voting for someone out of "respect" for them, you open up the possibility of them scrambling to turn that vote around. To me, if you are going into this game expecting people to let you know that they are voting for you, you probably shouldn't be playing... but then, we've seen many people who play this game that are not really there to play, but to gain 15 minutes, some notoriety, or to get their name out because they are actively pursuing a career in entertainment. I've never felt these people belong. Cochran belongs because he is a student of the game, he loves it, and understands it.
    Duckyface and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    No actually, not everyone feels that way. I think some people don't care what other people's reasons are, but I don't see anyone but Dawn voicing her opinion over her needs being superior than anyone else's.
    Florimel likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread