+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree547Likes

Thread: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    My comment was a response to the quote below. Cochran and Dawn discussed how she was liked by all especially since giving them the reward. And she could easliy win challenges so the time to get her out was right then. They couldn't risk losing the opportunity. Brenda being true to Dawn had nothing to do with it.

Survivor: Caramoan Video - Secret Scene: Brenda - CBS.com

This secret scene shows that Brenda had been a target for awhile, it was just a matter of time.
    I hadn't/haven't seen this clip. But I thought Cochran had her on his Radar
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I completely understand why Dawn voted Brenda out, although to say she would be 'handing the game' to Brenda by NOT voting her out this TC is a real stretch, IMO. You still have Eddie and Eric (two young males) and Cochran (who has won II twice so far). Chances are pretty good that Brenda would not have won II at some point, when it is down to just your alliance, and you could vote her out then. There was an easy vote in Eddie, and after that all bets could be off.

What I would liked to have seen is some emotion on Dawn's face at TC when Brenda left. After weeks of seeing her in hysterics over just about everything, she can't manage a tear or two after stabbing the person in the back that she seemed to rely on the most? I know she has this alliance with Cochran, but it wasn't his name she wailed when she lost her teeth.

About the twitter rants. That has happened constantly, and seems to happen constantly. I think it's just too easy for really dumb people to throw out crap when they have a twitter account, with no sense of how it will affect people. I'm sorry Dawn is being attacked, but frankly it is just idiotic stuff written by strangers. Hopefully she can ignore it.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

To the Point

My desire to have Dawn NOT win wasn't impacted by Brenda's ouster. In fact, I really don't give Dawn a lot of credit for that. She certainly had a hand in it, but Cochran had Brenda on his radar before this happened. I still think that Cochran is running the whole shebang. He is quietly observing, gathering intel from all sources and quietly leading people to make choices. He has bent when he needed to bend, but I still think he is the brains behind the core. Dawn has just really gotten on my nerves this time and it started really, really early on. She whines and cries way too much. I get it, it's hard and I might be an emotional mess too in the same circumstance. That doesn't mean that I enjoy watching her be that way. She doesn't whine and cry quietly and it's just plain annoying and has impacted the way I view her on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    My desire to have Dawn NOT win wasn't impacted by Brenda's ouster. In fact, I really don't give Dawn a lot of credit for that. She certainly had a hand in it, but Cochran had Brenda on his radar before this happened. I still think that Cochran is running the whole shebang. He is quietly observing, gathering intel from all sources and quietly leading people to make choices. He has bent when he needed to bend, but I still think he is the brains behind the core. Dawn has just really gotten on my nerves this time and it started really, really early on. She whines and cries way too much. I get it, it's hard and I might be an emotional mess too in the same circumstance. That doesn't mean that I enjoy watching her be that way. She doesn't whine and cry quietly and it's just plain annoying and has impacted the way I view her on this show.
    Thanks for posting that. I suspect a lot of folks who are giving Dawn down the road for daring to vote out Brenda, already had a negative opinion of Dawn thus it did not take much for them to look at her as the devil for voting out their favorite.

I just watched a few videos (thanks for posting that link Shoepie) and was reminded of what I noticed during that last challenge which I believe is what caused Dawn to win. She was the only one who was holding on over-handed. I remember thinking at the time what a smart move that was because even though initially it might not have been as comfortable, as they were lowered more and more during the game, that would have been the more natural way to hold on. That is why the others seemed to slip much more easily than Dawn because they were holding with their fingers while she was holding with her entire hand.

Dawn if you are reading this, way to go and keep your chin up despite the internet rage against you. This too shall pass.

There is so much more I want to say but am afraid people will take it personally if I write it down.

I do not mean this as an attack against anyone but more as me expressing my own opinion. I've learned as I've gotten older that it is wise to sometimes not let your feellings which are ever-changing like the wind drive your decision-making but to wait, calm down and use some logic. I'm not saying I do that all the time, unfortunately, but I am trying.

Good luck Dawn in whatever may come. And don't take it personally if I get on your chops between now and the end of this game.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

FORT Fogey

Just to clear up a fact. When Dawn lost her teeth, Brenda was close by. Any one of them within ear shot would have done the same thing. It should not have been a game changer. They all get along very well.

I give some credit to Cochran for setting that tone, too. He has remained calm and been a rational influence. He is definately in charge of the boots. It was fun to watch Phillip thinking he was controling the game even though he checked in with Cochran at every turn.
    TripleGemini and ilja like this.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Until they add 'Be Loyal' to 'Outwit, Out Last, Out Play' Dawn has nothing for which to apologize.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Until they add 'Be Loyal' to 'Outwit, Out Last, Out Play' Dawn has nothing for which to apologize.
    Well said
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    It was said by one of the posters, but I am not going to call them out personally...

Quote...

Brenda was blindsided because she was a threat to win and did well in challenges. It had nothing to do with Dawn.

Yes, it absolutely had to do with Dawn, because she voted Brenda, her supposed BFF, out of the game. End of story, period.
    I will clear this up again. I did post this up the thread a bit but it still has legs I guess.

I posted that and it was in direct response to the post I quoted that said
    Brenda got blindsided for being true to Dawn.
    She was voted out because Cochran, Sherri and Dawn saw her as a threat to win. I never heard anyone say "we have to get rid of Brenda because she was being true to Dawn. I am not even sure what that means.

Certainly Dawn was one of the 3 who voted her out. Out of context I can see how my statement could be interpreted incorrectly.
    Duckyface likes this.

Shoepie, I think we are talking about two different things. I have no idea where the "Brenda was being true to Dawn" came from. It wasn't said by me, I never heard it said by any of the contestants either. I know why Brenda was voted out, she was proving to be a challenge beast. I don't have issue with that and I understand why it was done, although I still think it crappy that they did it before getting rid of Eddie. I also get that its a game, I've been watching since season one. Yet, sometimes some players just do things that leave a bad taste in the viewers minds. Since this bad taste seems to have reached across many viewers, across many different forums, there is merit to what people feel Dawn did. I don't wish Dawn any ill will and I certainly would never go as far as to tweet anything negative to her, that too is wrong, but I still think she played dirty when it came to Brenda. I am glad that Brenda is fine. I wonder if that will translate at the final TC when she gets to confront them, assuming that Dawn makes it to the F3.

I know one thing, I wouldn't have voted out the person that I called my BFF under those same circumstances. I would have fought for a different outcome, like trying to take her to the F3 with me. Dawn didn't do that though, she just went along with the plan, and I think that is where the issues are coming from. Anyway, I think I've had enough of the Dawn conversation lol. I have to say this definitely has been one of the better seasons of Survivor and I'm glad that its giving us some interesting topics to discuss as well. It's all good.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I just finished watching Brenda's arrival at Ponderosa and it seems like Reynold and Phillip are bad mouthing Dawn, but they would have done the exact same thing to Brenda and or Dawn given the chance.
    jucamer likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread