+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree547Likes

Thread: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    It was said that Brenda's being voted out was BECAUSE of her being "true" to Dawn. I don't see where that came in.

First she didn't choose to let Dawn have time with her family BECAUSE she wanted more jury votes. That's not being true to Dawn, and besides that is not the reason she was voted out. She was voted out because she was a threat.

Second it wasn't even Dawn's idea to vote her out and she was reluctant at first to go along with it, so why is Brenda being voted out a result of being "true" to Dawn

Third do people really think Dawn's kids are going to say "oh Mom you should have let that lady you met a couple weeks before win the game? or be disappointed in her for trying to win? They'll be so grateful to her for putting herself through this tough tough game and giving it her all to try to win for them.

Just because Dawn has stuck to an alliance that doesn't have Malcolm and Brenda in it and has been true to her alliance with Cochran, there's resentment of her and calling her a back stabber and tattle tale. If Malcolm or Brenda had done exactly as Dawn has, people who like them would call it good game play. You know they would have done exactly the same if they'd had the chance.
    But my point still stands. To say that Dawn had nothing to do with Brenda being voted out is incorrect. Dawn voted for Brenda, therefore she DID have something to do with it. Dawn really has no game play of her own, she is only following Cochran around. She's really no better than Sherry at this point, in fact she is more annoying now what with all the crying and freaking out she's been doing. Considering everything that Brenda has done for Dawn during the course of the game, Dawn could have at least gone to bat for her, but she didn't. She just let Cochran dictate what was going to happen. That is where people feel she went wrong from what I am reading. Remember that Dawn's alliance actually included Brenda... up until she helped to vote her out in lieu of Eddie.
    Coco46, Jaceegirl and MsFaninNJ like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    But my point still stands. To say that Dawn had nothing to do with Brenda being voted out is incorrect. Dawn voted for Brenda, therefore she DID have something to do with it. Dawn really has no game play of her own, she is only following Cochran around. She's really no better than Sherry at this point, in fact she is more annoying now what with all the crying and freaking out she's been doing. Considering everything that Brenda has done for Dawn during the course of the game, Dawn could have at least gone to bat for her, but she didn't. She just let Cochran dictate what was going to happen. That is where people feel she went wrong from what I am reading. Remember that Dawn's alliance actually included Brenda... up until she helped to vote her out in lieu of Eddie.
    I know we don't see everything, its highly edited. So if she did say "I feel bad", or tried to go to bat for Brenda, they would edit that out
    They want to keep Dawn just as we see her.

I don't stick up for Dawn, but editing in these shows ( all of them) is something I try and take into consideration
    ilja and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Thanks for the snippets of Corrine's interview. I understand that it was good gameplay to get rid of Brenda, but it was still done pretty coldly by a woman who seems to play the game on a really personal level. She didn't even seem upset afterwards. Glad Brenda is OK, but that doesn't negate the fact that in the moment she was very hurt. Is it Survivor? Yes! Was it still a crappy thing for Dawn to do? I happen to think so.
    Brainy is the new sexy ~Irene Adler, Sherlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I know we don't see everything, its highly edited. So if she did say "I feel bad", or tried to go to bat for Brenda, they would edit that out
    They want to keep Dawn just as we see her.

I don't stick up for Dawn, but editing in these shows ( all of them) is something I try and take into consideration
    Well we also can't assume that something did happen either. Maybe something was edited out (although I don't know why they would), but there's also the exact same probability that Dawn did not go to bat for Brenda. From her reactions that we saw at TC I am inclined to believe the latter until we actually do see or hear differently.
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Well we also can't assume that something did happen either. Maybe something was edited out (although I don't know why they would), but there's also the exact same probability that Dawn did not go to bat for Brenda. From her reactions that we saw at TC I am inclined to believe the latter until we actually do see or hear differently.
    I guess we can choose to think the worst or the best of her.
    I keep in mind its a game, a million bucks game
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    See ... everyone continues to blame poor Dawn who got nothing from the loved one's challenge.

COCHRAN & SHERRI who crafted Brenda's boot and were 2 of the 3 votes that booted her get none of the blame.
    Cochran and Sherri got to eat with 2 each of their loved ones! Why are so many blaming Dawn.
    Cochran and Dawn could have fairly easily gotten Eddie to vote with them.
    It is not all or even mostly Dawn's fault that Brenda got booted. Dawn was playing the game in the way she felt has the best outcome for her.
    Speaking for myself and other comments along the way I think there has been plenty of blame for all 3 of the players. I am really hoping for an Erik or Eddie win. I want Eric to win first because of the adorable heart he made with his hands while on the platform at the barbecque. I think of all the players left he and Eddie showed the most love and thanks for what Brenda did for them. They were not part of the blindslide and obviously after what she had done for them, whether it be for votes or not, they imo were just plain greatful for Brenda's act of kindness. Something else I wanted to add regarding Andrea being blindsided the week before, and I had forgotten was that Andrea herself, had been planning to blindside Brenda in her attempt to keep Eddie safe, for the previous two weeks so I really understand why she had that look on her face that some had mentioned. If you knew you were the target for two weeks then it certainly was not an evil act on Brenda's part out of no where.

We all have different opinions of the types of players we want to see win. I see that by reading all the different comments made by so many. I personally like to see players who are very much like Brenda and how she played this season. She was kind, good at challenges and for me became my favorite player.

I think the reason Dawn seems to be blamed the most is because so much of Brenda's kindness was directed to Dawn who became so much of a hysterical, crying mess. The teeth incident and others have been mentioned many times so I won't mention them again.

Yes, I realize Cochran is loved by many, but not by me. Even before the loved ones challenge he started planning Brenda's demise when Eddie told him he thought after himself Cochran would be the next to go. Cochran thought he had been perceived as this nerdy guy and not a threat at all. I think the seed was already planted by Eddie and why I said upthread no matter what choice Brenda made she was already targeted by Cochran. It may have been strategic on Cochran's part, but Brenda had no intentions of Cochran going before Eddie. I also don't see this brillant play by Cochran that some do. Not saying I am right and others are wrong, just how I view the game and jmhos. He first was under Phillip and Phillip pretty much dictated how things went. After that much of his game play would not have happened if he didn't have a mole like Dawn bringing him the information. I am not sure how that will play out at TC if Dawn, Sherri and himself are F3. If he brings up Dawn's part who will that hurt the most? It just might benefit Sherri who has done absolutely nothing this season. I hadn't really thought about that until reading over all the comments again and sorry, but don't remember who suggested it as a possible argument for Dawn.

Because I have no respect for Cochran, Dawn or Sherri I really hope that none of them make F3 and that somehow Eric or Eddie win the million dollars. My reason is their act of kindness which means a lot to me. These are just my opinions, and I know are quite the opposite of how most of you feel, but we are all allowed to like who we like. My favorite player is not there any longer. Actually two of my favorite players are not there any longer now with Brenda being the last eliminated. Just hope no one is eliminated because of injury from the game at this point.

Also, want to include some of the things that were said by others and myself about Cochran and Sherri so that you see Dawn is not the only one getting the blame.

Cochran is the typical amoral turd who gets applause for gameplay. I could care less. He exemplifies the vey essence of why the real world is so screwed up, especially in business. We cheer on and congratulate these `strategist's', give them piles of money and ignore the human wreckage they leave in their wake. I could never ever look my father in the eye and be proud (or expect him to be proud of me) for winning money by going against the morals he taught me. Those morals are not negotiable, especially for a stupid game.
    Especially Sherri and after what she said about it when she was able to hold her son in her arms reminding her of when he was first born. Yet, she easily forgot that as she wrote Brenda's name down.
    Even if the bbq giveaway was for votes, it must take a special kind of nasty person to take a gift like that and use it against somebody to get rid of them!
    Just some of many, but I think all 3 look pretty bad in some people's eyes. Good luck to everyone and whoever you are cheering for.
    MsFaninNJ likes this.

I wouldn't mind Erik winning .I would much prefer Cochran who imnsho is a real student of this game, he loves it. He came to play, not float *cough* Eddie. Erik really hasn't done much, and I often forgot he was playing. I guess we find out Sunday
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't hate Dawn as much as other people. Yes it was a dishonorable move, but I have to ask myself, would I have done differently? I don't think I would have. Part of getting by on Survivor is knowing when not to rock the boat. That's my theory on why Phillip was never in danger of a Stealth R Us coupe. Yes he was insufferable and they all wanted him to go, but they knew better than to vocalize it, because when someone does, it becomes really tempting to throw them under the bus.

It reminds me of this conundrum from the first challenge of One World - should the men take the guaranteed but ignoble victory, or be sporting and finish out the challenge? The right answer is whatever the majority of the tribe wants to do.

Maybe someone said it, but I don't remember reading anyone saying that Dawn had nothing to do with Brenda being voted out. She's playing the game so of course she did. I just said Brenda didn't get voted out because she was "true" to Dawn, which was what was said.

Why shouldn't have Cochran targeted Brenda once she started targeting him? To say it's ok that she do it, but not him, or his alliance mate, seems very twisted.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 05-11-2013 at 01:31 AM.
    spockwhat and ilja like this.

Wow and just to add a note of reality into this, Dawn is being attacked and threatened on social media to the point she had to shut it down not wanting her children to have to see it. Sad. All because she wanted to win a million dollars to help her kids rather than just hand it over to Brenda
    ilja and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread