+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree547Likes

Thread: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    On Brendagate. This is a game with a substantial prize, about $650 grand after taxes. One would be a fool to allow emotions to take charge. Eyes should always be on the end game and good for them to vote her out. It was a wise move.

I think Cochran plays chess, I would be surprised if he didn't. That wasn't a spur of the moment ousting, they did make it look that way, and got the desired reaction. I would not be surprised to find Cochran is two or three moves ahead of everyone in this game.
    I wonder, if after this - Brenda is the Fan Favorite, for some reason I doubt that.

Is it Sunday yet?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

remember Survivor Thailand winner, Brian Heidik? He told everybody that they were his final 2 choice and every single one of them believed him. One by one he voted them out and nobody really knew what was going on until it was too late.

That's what seems to be going on with Dawn, except it seems that she fell into it instead of a coming up with a mastermind plan. I believe she built a real relationship with each of these people. Not with the intention of playing them the way she did. But that will be her downfall. Nobody is upset with Cochran for plotting or voting them out, because he didn't form deep attachments with them.

Especially in this Brenda vote, Dawn could have changed things up. They could have told Eddie to vote Brenda and Dawn could have thrown her vote to somebody else. She could have let her know walking into tribal council that her head was on the chopping block. Sometimes they just want the decency of being told the truth.

Some of Corrine's interview comments. I think this shows why Dawn has such a big issue, because at the very least Brenda had similar feelings.

[mod edit]

Hitfix interview

I didn't know for a long time, until we got home. I had no idea why I was voted out. I really didn't know. I thought Dawn was my closest friend out there. I didn't assume that she would turn on me. That conversation, there's context for that conversation that isn't really shown. You see that Dawn goes to the well by herself crying and she's having a really hard time and she starts to unravel. And she's my best friend out there. I did everything with her. I made all decisions with her. Everything.

So I wanted to calm her down. I wanted to sooth her. I was like, "What's going on?" And we had we had like an hour-long conversation by the well, of which you see two minutes of, and she says to me, "We're at the bottom of this alliance, Corinne." She's like, "Andrea thinks she's going to the end. Phillips thinks he's going to the end. Everyone thinks they're going to take Phillip to the end. Cochran thinks he's going. We're at the bottom." And she starts to really freak out. And to calm her down and because I loved her and she was my friend and I was going to take her with me, I said, "Here's an option. What about this..." I didn't say I was doing it. I basically gave her a hypothetical. I said, "We could, potentially... I've got Michael. I think Malcolm would work with us..." I start hypothetically putting some pieces together to calm her down and tell her, "No matter what, Dawn, we're OK. Because we're gonna go with either this alliance or we'll jump to this alliance." But it was always "we." "We're gonna do this..." I wasn't telling her, knowing that she was going to run back and tell anyone else.

And I didn't honestly think that she was that sided with Cochran and I didn't know until I watched this season that she was. Because Cochran totally screwed her the first time. If I were in her shoes, I never would trust Cochran. Of course I would go with ME over Cochran. I'm as befuddled as anyone else as to why she went back and told them, because really she was in a great position no matter. I can't explain why she did that.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-10-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Not that I know of, but he's certainly talked about it. It was amazing to me that he realized that so fast, even right down to setting up the ending so that in the challenge of the F3 to be the F2 he dropped out early so that the woman would be the "bad guy" for not taking "unbeatable" Rudy to the F2, not him. That way he kept loyal Rudy's vote and no one thought he was an unethical backstabber. These were the days when people got rewarded at the final TC for being likeable and ethical and not overtly for having played the game well. Richard was not likeable, but he played the game well by making her even more unlikeable for having gotten rid of Rudy---so in fact he was rewarded for playing the game well, but the voters didn't seem to realize it. And note that even in that first game both people were trying to get to F2 with someone less likeable than they were. But very quickly people realized that that was the way to go--by the Tina/Colby season he was criticized as a player, if not as a person, for taking Tina to F2
    At that point, Season One, I, as a watcher, still thought it was about physical survival!
    Rich knew he had it in the bag for the final two - with Rudy he knew he'd have his vote to be in the final two as Rudy was a man of his word.

Kelly would take the person she thought she could win against and chose Rich. Even though she would never get Rudy's vote due to his loyalty to his promise, I think even Rudy respected that fact.

That said - most people say that Greg was the deciding factor with the stupid numbers question. And ALL the jurors said that had Rudy been in the final two he would've indeed won because he was a man of his word.

Course - I'd rather a Kelly or Rudy type than Rich anyway - BOTH haven't been in jail for not paying their taxes on the money they won. Rich now owes more than he won (the flat pay, not what he netted) in the game and is in jail.

Other seasons it's been challenges and popularity (Ethan, Firefighter Tom), others the lesser of "two evils" in the jury's eyes (Vecepia - who still is to me the worse winner, even worse than Rich, and Brian).

This season - I think it's Cochran's game to lose in the aspect of strategic and personality. He's playing the game strategically but with a respect in that the players are being voted out to get him ahead, not revenge.

Dawn would fit this way as well, but backstabbing Brenda will cost her dearly.

Eddy and Erik would win a popularity contest... but ONLY if there was still a final two or in the case of a final three, had Sherri with them (meaning Dawn or Cochran would most likely win if they were in the three).

Sherri has no prayer in the world unless the remaining four drop out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think Cochran plays chess, I would be surprised if he didn't. That wasn't a spur of the moment ousting, they did make it look that way, and got the desired reaction. I would not be surprised to find Cochran is two or three moves ahead of everyone in this game.
    I wonder, if after this - Brenda is the Fan Favorite, for some reason I doubt that.

Is it Sunday yet?
    The coolest thing about Cochran is his ability to stay light on his feet and take the temperature of the tribe in every moment. He doesn't know where things are going and that serves him well. He pays attention and assumes nothing.
    ilja, sparklete and MsFaninNJ like this.

I want Cochran to win this thing more than anything! He is one smart guy and has played so well this season. I'm almost willing him to win. heh

That said, my family and I think it was Cochran's foot (definitely a man's foot) shown in the previews when it seems someone is hurt and "it's a game changer". Granted, the editing is usually shocking and never really plays out but...

What do you all think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I want Cochran to win this thing more than anything! He is one smart guy and has played so well this season. I'm almost willing him to win. heh

That said, my family and I think it was Cochran's foot (definitely a man's foot) shown in the previews when it seems someone is hurt and "it's a game changer". Granted, the editing is usually shocking and never really plays out but...

What do you all think about that?
    You think he goes down?? I didn't see a mans foot, I guess I thought of Erik as he was so weak. aww. now I don't know. Maybe Eddie is taken out?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Ouch, that hurts! Personally, I feel there's a difference between Andrea and Brenda's blindsides. Andrea got blindsided after making a strategic move to vote out Brenda. Brenda got blindsided for being true to Dawn. My opinion of Dawn plummeted after this episode. I get that she's upset that she's unable to spend time with her loved ones, but to feel upset that Brenda got all the love for the sacrifice she made, while she just ended up empty-handed? As much as her emotions were driving her thoughts, that was petty IMO.

I think Dawn sealed her fate at winning this game. Personally, the only 2 people that I think will win the game is either Cochran or Eddie. Cochran hands-down played the best game of the remaining survivors, while Eddie might benefit from a bitter jury and "Bro" votes (Malcolm, Reynold, Michael and maybe one of Brenda/Erik/Philip/Andrea?).

She might have been a twice-returnee, but I sure wouldn't mind seeing Brenda return in a future edition!
    Brooks, Jaceegirl and MsFaninNJ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by xtremist View Post
    Ouch, that hurts! Personally, I feel there's a difference between Andrea and Brenda's blindsides. Andrea got blindsided after making a strategic move to vote out Brenda. Brenda got blindsided for being true to Dawn. My opinion of Dawn plummeted after this episode. I get that she's upset that she's unable to spend time with her loved ones, but to feel upset that Brenda got all the love for the sacrifice she made, while she just ended up empty-handed? As much as her emotions were driving her thoughts, that was petty IMO.

I think Dawn sealed her fate at winning this game. Personally, the only 2 people that I think will win the game is either Cochran or Eddie. Cochran hands-down played the best game of the remaining survivors, while Eddie might benefit from a bitter jury and "Bro" votes (Malcolm, Reynold, Michael and maybe one of Brenda/Erik/Philip/Andrea?).

She might have been a twice-returnee, but I sure wouldn't mind seeing Brenda return in a future edition!
    How did Brenda's blindside come about by being true to Dawn exactly? Dawn wasn't thinking of voting for Brenda until Cochran brought it up from what we saw. Brenda was the one who ended up denying her time with her family in favor of winning jury votes and she still wasn't the one who brought up voting her out. When Cochran brought it up she wasn't even sure she wanted to do it then, although it was clearly the smart strategic move.
    Uncle David and TripleGemini like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    In that regard, I'm also mad at the producers for essentially screwing Brenda either way. She won the reward and gets the special prize, abd then has to choose one person to share it with. But then the offer comes to get nothing in exchange for making the begging and pleading and, in the case of Sherri, sobbing on the ground, people happy. Either you look selfish or you have to watch and listen on the beach to these people laughing, eating, getting re-charged with their loved ones.

And she was so stoic and calm about it. She smiled and wished them all well. She encouraged Dawn to keep her chin up, that it was all good.

And then they vote her out. That is COLD.
    See ... everyone continues to blame poor Dawn who got nothing from the loved one's challenge.

COCHRAN & SHERRI who crafted Brenda's boot and were 2 of the 3 votes that booted her get none of the blame.
    Cochran and Sherri got to eat with 2 each of their loved ones! Why are so many blaming Dawn.
    Cochran and Dawn could have fairly easily gotten Eddie to vote with them.
    It is not all or even mostly Dawn's fault that Brenda got booted. Dawn was playing the game in the way she felt has the best outcome for her.
    Bearcata, Hyper, Shoepie and 5 others like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I think there is one element to Brenda's decision to give up the reward that no one has mentioned. I think Brenda figured that if she and Dawn went on the reward the other four would have plenty of time to stratagize a way to get rid of her. I think we have all seen that very thing happen in other Survivors. Brenda didn't see her move as "nice". she saw it as smart. And it was. Trouble is, she was in a no win situation. The only smart one was Cochran who made no real effort to win the challange. He is indeed a real student of the game.
    Shoepie, Duckyface and Coco46 like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread