+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree547Likes

Thread: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 5/8 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by judibug
    I'm not sure ERIK sees it! The boy is as clueless in his own way as poor Eddie (I loved the analogy of Eddie drifting by in a boat and joining these nice people playing Survivor)
    it was a great analogy. I assumed he stopped by to join because he thought he could hook up with a girl, and he did express he is disappointed because anytime he hooks up they get voted off. But he's having a nice time anyhow.
    As for Erik, his throwing challeges (and I can't be one hundred percent on that, but I'm fairly sure he is) shows he does have an angle he's playing. It's partly why I would be interested in hearing his actual argument. I think Brenda would vote for him, possibly a couple of the bros, so a win by Erik isn't out of the question!
    PWS and Duckyface like this.

I think Brenda made the absolutely wrong decision in giving up her reward. Cochran hit the nail on the head when he said that "likability is a liability," you can't do something that charitable without everyone getting all leery-eyed. I think they would have respected her decision not to give it up; she won the game fair & square, and Dawn was clearly distraught at the prospect of losing the reward.

Also it may not be so bad if Eddie makes it to the end; will he get any votes besides Malcolm and Reynold?
    Last edited by Badseed; 05-09-2013 at 01:22 PM.

The thing is, and I think someone mentioned it a while ago, Brenda was in trouble no matter what she did. If she kept the reward for herself and Dawn she would be dispised for being selfish. If she gave the reward to the the others, she was a threat for being nice.
    Duckyface and jucamer like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I was very surprised that it wasn't the folks who feasted who survived the endurance challenge. Food can make a difference at this point. It wouldn't have mattered how pissed everyone was at Brenda if she were sitting there with the necklace wrapped around her.
    Midol and MsFaninNJ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    The thing is, and I think someone mentioned it a while ago, Brenda was in trouble no matter what she did. If she kept the reward for herself and Dawn she would be dispised for being selfish. If she gave the reward to the the others, she was a threat for being nice.
    True, but her likability factor wouldn't have been so dominant, had she taken her reward. Cochran's mom noticed how nice she was, they must have talked strategy, or maybe she was on his radar all along
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    That's my point, I disagree that she'd be "despised" for her decision to keep something she earned and not betray her best friend. Such an obvious power play for jury votes, she should've known that the savvy players would see right through that.

Remeber Yau-Man giving up the truck in Survivor:Fiji? There was no way in heck they could let him reach the final vote after that; Dremz reneged and Earl betrayed him. That should have been educational to all future survivors.
    Last edited by Badseed; 05-09-2013 at 01:36 PM.

spockwhat said: I'm not sure what Dawn did to Phillip?
    I think Phillip is just seeding the jury for Cochran to win. Phillip will want Cochran to win ... because Phillip will feel that the only person in his mind who is close to Phillip's intelligence is worthy of the win.

Listen carefully when Phillip talks. He seems less nutso ... but is still subtly self-aggrandizing.
    Lil Bit, spockwhat, ilja and 1 others like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Originally Posted by spockwhat
    But Dawn also kept Brenda from having a complete breakdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I don't feel she did, any more than the stress most of the contestants seem to be under after the extreme deprivations of the game. Dawn took it to an entirely new level this season, at least for someone who made it so far into the game.
    When originally choosing Dawn to share the loved one reward ... Brenda herself said ... she was choosing Dawn "for many reasons".
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I think in future seasons we will see contestants not trying to win reward, especially during the last few days.
    There's no place like home!

If I'm Phillip and I'd be pissed two times in a row.Things are not going as he envisioned.And this kind of thing is actually very common in a lot of companies.People are not trying to let the best worker stay.they're trying everything to survive on their owen in a company situation like this.But this kind of company does not seems being far from bankruptcy as far as I concern.

+ Reply to Thread