+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: 4/17 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/17 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Honestly? I think Erik thought about sticking with the original voting plan in order to force the amigos to play their idols. Phillip was more concerned with protecting his integrity than anything. I honestly think he fell on his own sword out of some grandiose idea of nobility, not any sense of game play whatsoever.
    True. Phillip was hoping that that Malcolm and Eddie were just bluffing to play the idol. But at the same time sacrificing himself in case they play their idols. He was more concerned that he will be called a snake if he announced that they are voting for so and so in their alliance. For a second though, I thought Malcolm wasn't going to play his idol. He could have saved it though because he only got 2 votes (Erik switched his vote)

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    What undid the plan was Phillip falling on his sword. They announced that they'd be voting for Phillip with the idea that he'd want to stay in the game and thus the alliance would fracture as Phillip scrambled for another target. That would have worked if Phillip had any sense of self-preservation. But instead Phillip decided to force their hands for the idols, which sealed his own fate. I can only assume that he thought one of them wouldn't play the HII without realizing that instructing everyone to vote as agreed would virtually guarantee the idols' play. He seemed to believe that he was in a winning position (and it's likely he would have been taken to F3 again), but he gave that up in favor of others, which isn't something that Malcolm planned on him doing.

Because Phillip put the alliance over himself (or because he thought it was really good odds that they were bluffing the HII's?) they're back where they were, but if Phillip had played with more self-interest it would have been a better outlook for the three.
    I thought it was very cunning play by Malcolm. He didn't have to announce that he has the other HII and could have just handed it over to Eddie after everyone voted to blindside Phillip but he wanted to see how it would play up if he announced who the 3 amigos are voting for. He wanted to see how they would react since now they have to vote one of their S'R'Us alliance members and hoping that one or more would vote with the 3 amigos. Phillip countered by telling everyone to vote as planned after Erik said that Malcolm or Eddie could be bluffing to play their HII. I didn't think Phillip would have realized that if Erik didn't mention it.

From a different forum, I read that Erik wanted to tell Malcolm not to play his idol. If he was hinting to Malcolm not to play his HII, he could have just told him right there out in the open before Malcolm can use it since he was switching his vote to Phillip anyway. The votes were announced this way...

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie, Malcolm, Malcolm, Phillip, Eddie, Phillip, Fillup.

Everyone can probably deduce that the Fillup vote was Erik's. Malcolm could have saved his HII if Erik told him that he will only have 2 votes since Erik was suppose to vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I thought it was very cunning play by Malcolm. He didn't have to announce that he has the other HII and could have just handed it over to Eddie after everyone voted to blindside Phillip but he wanted to see how it would play up if he announced who the 3 amigos are voting for. He wanted to see how they would react since now they have to vote one of their S'R'Us alliance members and hoping that one or more would vote with the 3 amigos. Phillip countered by telling everyone to vote as planned after Erik said that Malcolm or Eddie could be bluffing to play their HII. I didn't think Phillip would have realized that if Erik didn't mention it.

From a different forum, I read that Erik wanted to tell Malcolm not to play his idol. If he was hinting to Malcolm not to play his HII, he could have just told him right there out in the open before Malcolm can use it since he was switching his vote to Phillip anyway. The votes were announced this way...

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie, Malcolm, Malcolm, Phillip, Eddie, Phillip, Fillup.

Everyone can probably deduce that the Fillup vote was Erik's. Malcolm could have saved his HII if Erik told him that he will only have 2 votes since Erik was suppose to vote for him.
    Didn't Eddie, Reynold, Malcolm and Erik vote for Phillip - so he should have had 4 votes?

Yes, he had 4. They just didn't bother to read the last Phil vote because 3 was enough to confirm that he was voted out.

Is it 8 PM Wednesday yet? There are so few times of the week when it's 8 PM Wednesday. Very disappointing.
    Arielflies, Alexxxx and ilja like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Is it 8 PM Wednesday yet? There are so few times of the week when it's 8 PM Wednesday. Very disappointing.
    I know what you mean. I'm really looking forward to tonight's show. I'm hoping we get a Malcolm/Reynold face off. Unless they hide both idols again and M & R find them both, which doesn't seem likely, it should be fun to watch them throw each other under the bus. Or maybe Eddie will end up with tire tracks across his back.

Then there's always the threat of Cochran being the biggest challenge threat (per the previews)!
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Cochran - Strong Man! Did anyone else, besides me, giggle during the commercial this week?
    Alexxxx likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I never see the commercials!!! Perhaps I need to watch CBS other times than just Wednesday nights at 7 central.
    spockwhat likes this.

It would be cool if Cochran ended up at F3 and was able to claim at least two individual immunities. Go Cochran!

I'm sooo jealous ....due to DH's schedule, we don't watch Survivor until Friday night.
    We love it and love watching together and this season is so good!

+ Reply to Thread