+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: 4/17 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/17 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I still think he should have saved it. The three amigos or the three stooges. Losing a million for one TC , not sure it was Malcolm's wisest move
    But really, to win the million what are his alternatives? He is in an alliance of 3 against an alliance of 7. Say he keeps the idol and Eddie goes home. He's bought himself 3 days, but the bigger alliance is still tight. Next, maybe he wins immunity and maybe he doesn't. Bottom line, unless he could keep his 3 together and recruit one or two from the bigger alliance, his only hope of winning the million is to go on an immunity run that we have never seen before. And it wouldn't happen - we have seen it before where the others gang up to really push the person to not win immunity. Granted, I don't think this will work because I don't think he will get enough from the bigger alliance to switch - but if he wanted to last to the final tribal and not just another 3-6 days, this was the better move.
    holly71, Lil Bit, Sk8Leigh and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    But really, to win the million what are his alternatives? He is in an alliance of 3 against an alliance of 7. Say he keeps the idol and Eddie goes home. He's bought himself 3 days, but the bigger alliance is still tight. Next, maybe he wins immunity and maybe he doesn't. Bottom line, unless he could keep his 3 together and recruit one or two from the bigger alliance, his only hope of winning the million is to go on an immunity run that we have never seen before. And it wouldn't happen - we have seen it before where the others gang up to really push the person to not win immunity. Granted, I don't think this will work because I don't think he will get enough from the bigger alliance to switch - but if he wanted to last to the final tribal and not just another 3-6 days, this was the better move.
    I disagree, I know he wanted to shake things up. But I dont think its going to work, and I dont think Malcolm's thinks it is
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I disagree, I know he wanted to shake things up. But I dont think its going to work, and I dont think Malcolm's thinks it is
    I don't think it will work either, but it was worth a chance. With the alternative, there was no chance. And he knew that too - which is why he did what he did.
    Moontat, ilja and Midol like this.

I don't think it will work either, but it was worth a chance. With the alternative, there was no chance. And he knew that too - which is why he did what he did.
    He could have kept the other HI. He could have had two more weeks and maybe won immunity! he was grandstanding, I wasn't that impressed
    captain and Duckyface like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow...traveling so I missed this, definitely will be looking for it! I think Phillip will definitely play up the sacrifice for the team he was leading, fell on his sword aspect...that the enemy team wanted to take out the leader so he sacrificed himself---and he really did help them--if he hadn't told them to vote as before Malcolm might have decided that his group didn't need to play their two idols. Now the idols are out (at least for the moment! Malcolm and Reynold seem to be idol seeking missiles!) and Phillip's former team has a clearer path.

Things that make you go hmm ... 2 votes now at Ponderosa.... I can see both of them voting for Sherri if she makes it to F3. Michael was in her original alliance and she'd obviously made friends with Phillip.
    Interesting that Andrea's name came up and not Sherri's from all you are saying---sounds as if she is bonding with some people in power we don't know about yet.

I wonder if Philip would ever vote for Cochran in an F3, I just dont know how close they really were.
    -Andy Rooney-

He could have kept the other HI. He could have had two more weeks and maybe won immunity! he was grandstanding, I wasn't that impressed
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree (I think I mentioned to you in PM that I always seem to disagree with you!). Good thing you are so pleasant about it!!

As for who Phillip will vote for - my money is actually on Cochran. He and Phillip talked strategy a lot. Even though Sherri was in the alliance, I feel like Cochran was Phillip's right hand man. I could even see him trying to take credit for how Cochran makes it to the end!!
    Moontat and ilja like this.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree (I think I mentioned to you in PM that I always seem to disagree with you!). Good thing you are so pleasant about it!!

As for who Phillip will vote for - my money is actually on Cochran. He and Phillip talked strategy a lot. Even though Sherri was in the alliance, I feel like Cochran was Phillip's right hand man. I could even see him trying to take credit for how Cochran makes it to the end!!
    Ah yes, we do disagree that's okay though . Boring old world if we all thought the same way

I do agree with you about Philip taking credit if Cochran's makes it to the end..see we do agree on some things
    KatesMom likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    I disagree. It seems Malcolm's intent was to kick the bees' nest with all of his might in hopes that the Stealth-R-Us alliance would disintegrate before everyone's eyes. It almost happened, too, until Phillip - the incredible idiot that he is - threw himself on the grenade.
    Having thought about it, this is what I believe as well. Malcolm knew when the S-R-Us group had their meeting at the beginning of the show and he was very obviously excluded, his time with the favourites was definitely up. He wanted to make a big move and (hopefully) widen any cracks in the majority alliance in the hopes of pulling someone into his much smaller group. By announcing it the way he did, he forced them to scramble. We saw different names being thrown out there (Andrea) and you just know that will cause dissent in the next week. He wants to capitalize on it.

He also (obviously) had some fun pulling the rug out from everyone. As a fan, he knew it would make for great tv and it did. I was reminded of when they were going to vote out Russell in his first season, and he shocked everyone by playing his HII and saying "I ain't done playing just yet" - knowing it will make for a great TC and knowing you are safe for one more vote, well, I don't blame him for playing with a grin on his face. Plus, let's face it, he did the others a favour in many ways by getting rid of Phillip. Cochran's "crazy head" hand motion at the beginning definitely showed he is over Phillip and his secret agent talk.

A couple of other thoughts:

Phillip's choice to go directly into that beautiful pool instead of showering first made me ill. Just like last time he played and tossed his undies into the pot the girls were cleaning theirs in. He has no clue how disgusting that is. He has no clue period. I would have freaked on him if he did that, but wisely Erik kept his thoughts to himself.

Dawn was seriously sleep deprived. I had twins girls 12 years ago and didn't sleep for more than two hours at a stretch for almost a month. I was borderline certifiable. I knocked something off the end table which broke, and I sobbed like me pet had died. It was beyond my control. Sure, her drama during that scene was annoying to watch but I don't blame her for it.

And Brenda was just such a sweetie. I am really liking her, not necessarily as a power player but as a nice person. She also rocks those challenges. I would love to see her make it to the end!

Speaking of rocking challenges, Reynold definitely is at the top of the heap when it comes to winning II. He knows he is the first to go when he loses and/or doesn't stumble across a HII. Malcolm looked just spent after trying to climb the ladder for the last pass during the IC. But I keep reminding myself, the guy went basically straight from one show to the next, so he's essentially been playing the game for almost 60 days by this point. He impresses me with how cheerful and strong he still is!!

I don't think Malcolm made the wrong move. He's playing hard and he's not sitting back. Whatever happens to him from here on out, I have a lot of respect for how he's playing to make moves and get to the end, rather than sit quietly as a sheep under Nuts-R-Us (hee hee).
    Last edited by sweetpea; 04-18-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    holly71, Hyper, GabbyG and 6 others like this.

I thought it clever of Malcolm to produce the "other" idol and present it to Eddie before the vote; then announce that the three of them were voting for Phillip. That way by outting their vote for the one the camp finds most annoying, even if in a majority alliance, they just might pull one or two votes their way. They did get one, but that little announcement set the cat among the pigeons and the TC was fascinating. I noticed even Michael was trying to get into it by using hand signals.

If Phillip or fillup hadn't been one of the majority, I think more than just spelling challenged Erik would have thrown a vote his way. That they listened to him as their leader until right up to the vote either showed a true sense of cohesiveness as an alliance, or someone did the math and knew Phillip was a goner no matter how they voted.

Once again Erik has flipped - this time on fillup - maybe the spelling was signalling his intention to the three amigos. Wow. When Cochran looks tickled, I feel delighted.
    sweetpea and Moontat like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread