+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: 4/17 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 4/17 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    That was a great tribal! Malcolm played as smart as he could with what he was given. He knew the seven would split their votes between him and Eddie, so even if he gave Eddie the immunity idol later, they would have had the same outcome. By giving it to him early and announcing who they would vote for, he was hoping to turn the tide enough to where he wouldn't have to use their idols after all and they could get rid of Philip. But, once he heard Philip tell everyone to vote how they were going to anyway, he knew they would have to use them. It was worth a shot, and almost worked. But, Philip was willing to sacrifice himself to make a point, and he did. Philip is an idiot.

Unfortunately, Malcolm may be the next one out, but at least he had his moment of making that awesome tribal council happen!

My hope is for Cochran for the win!!!
    First and foremost, I think Malcolm should have saved his second idol and thrown Eddie to the wolves. Even with Fillup gone I don't think this alliance will break down. But maybe I'm wrong... maybe it was a brilliant move just to get rid of the "leader".

I agree that it was a REALLY smart move of Malcolm to announce that he was giving the idol to Eddie early, to throw the Favs alliiance into a tailspin. And it almost worked! They were all saying Andrea to each other, and if Malcolm had had good confidence that this would happen, he and Eddie could have saved their idols in this vote. I want to point out that it was ERIC who saw through this move and mentioned first that he would not be surprised if they held back an idol. At that point, Fillup fell on the sword and told them vote as they were going to originally. Malcolm and Eddie's idols were flushed because Eric noticed what they were up to and Fillup was willing to take the fall so that they could get the idols out of Malcolm and Eddie's hands.

So wow. I have renewed respect for Malcolm. It was a brilliant play to call the idols early... and even MORE respect for Eric for seeing what was up. I didn't know Eric had that in him. I'm liking him more and more. I think Fillup gave himself a bit of a "heroes out" by what he did. He can always claim he fell on the sword to help his alliance get rid of those idols. I guess Andrea owes him one. A tiny bit of grudging respect for Reynold for doing so well in both challenges. (ugh, er, bleh)
    To Brenda too, for also doing so well. That tiny little girl rocked it out there.
    I love Cochran.
    Poor Dawn needed sleep!

Malcolm made the right move. Yeah, he could have whipped out the second HII at the end but it just would have saved those 3 guys one more TC. This way Malcolm had the potential to shake things up. I hope Reynold forgives Malcolm for commandeering his HII at the last TC.

Fillup is such a great name. That's how I'm going to refer to Nuts-R-Us from now on, LOL.
    holly71 likes this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I think it would have been better if Malcolm had not shown both idols and gave one to Eddie just before the reading of the votes and then they both played them. That would have been the blindside.
    At first, I too thought it would have been better, but the reaction of Stealth R Us was priceless. We've seen blindsides before when people pull out idols before the vote is read, and it's good. But this was much better, they were freaking out, throwing names of who they should now vote for! But the best part was Malcolm saying they were voting out Philip! Always wanted to hear someone call out who they will be voting for right there at tribal. I loved every minute of it!
    holly71, AZChristian and Midol like this.

I would have liked to see Malcolm keep the other idol for himself, but I'm also glad that he played it the way he did and gave it to Eddie. The group of 7 (I refuse to use the moronic name Phillip gave them) were getting WAY too cocky and needed to be taken down a notch. This also gives Malcolm an opportunity to try to bring some people into his alliance. I don't think he will be able to pull it off, but at least this gives him three extra days to work on something. I hope Andrea noticed her name being thrown around as much as it was. That should tell her where she stands with the rest of her alliance.
    holly71 likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I still think he should have saved it. The three amigos or the three stooges. Losing a million for one TC , not sure it was Malcolm's wisest move
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I also think Phillip 'fell on his sword', but the rest of his alliance (except Erik) was smart to 'vote as they were told' because now Phillip holds no grudges towards them and he is a jury member and can't hold it against any of them (except Erik) if they make it to the final TC. I also think secretly they voted as instructed because they all wanted Phillip out anyway, so it made themselves look good and got rid of him in the process and they weren't the ones to have to do it.
    justCoz, Duckyface and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Malcolm made the right move. Yeah, he could have whipped out the second HII at the end but it just would have saved those 3 guys one more TC. This way Malcolm had the potential to shake things up. I hope Reynold forgives Malcolm for commandeering his HII at the last TC.

Fillup is such a great name. That's how I'm going to refer to Nuts-R-Us from now on, LOL.
    Nuts-R-Us...lol! Awesome! I love it!!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    the rest of his alliance (except Erik) was smart to 'vote as they were told' because now Phillip holds no grudges towards them and he is a jury member and can't hold it against any of them (except Erik) if they make it to the final TC.
    How will Fillup know it was Erik?
    ilja likes this.

I keep forgetting about Erik. Even hubby said last night, who is he again? not good. He was ticked at Philip and his muddy body!! - I am glad he voted for him
    holly71 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I think it would have been better if Malcolm had not shown both idols and gave one to Eddie just before the reading of the votes and then they both played them. That would have been the blindside.
    Well, it would have been a blindside, but I disagree that it would have been better. Malcolm knew with the two idols and Reynold having immunity that the three of them were not going home. BUT, as he pointed out, that only gets them 3 more days. Malcolm did what he did to try and cause chaos and see what the alliance of 7 would do - how they would scramble and what rifts he could create. As it was, he got Erik to vote for fillup. I actually think doing it the way he did was brilliant, because maybe it opens the way for the 3 of them to change the game up. He had nothing to lose and everything to gain from doing it that way. Remember, he wasn't doing it for the best effect for US - he was doing it to see if he could shake up the game and last longer.

+ Reply to Thread