+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Survivor 27 Spec and *SPOILERS*

Re: Survivor 27 Spec and *SPOILERS*

A few people have said:
    Blood VS water.
    ..... and I think Jeff actually said" Blood and Water" ... going back to the Blood is thicker than Water premise. So ... will the relatives be in separate tribes ... likw Tina in one tribe and her husband in the other? Now that would be interesting. It will also be harder to form alliances after the merge.

If they have the partners/relatives working together on the same tribe, again it would be interesting because it adds a new dimension to the strategies and alliances. It might also have some of the partner dynamics such as on the Amazing Race ... especial since one person in the pair "knows" ... because they have been there done that.

It actually sounds like it might be fun ... and of the rumored players, some are new (the relatives) and some others I have forgotten. .

ETA This opens all kinds of new possibilities ... even to the point of the final TC.
    Last edited by echo226; 05-13-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

My comment on the current list of supposed tribe members:
    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I just found this... looks like its a returning player and one of their family members. Apparently there will be NO Hantz's - whew lol.

Here is a list of some of the people that are supposedly on next season:

Aras and his brother
    A winner? Good grief.

Colton and his partner
    Colton to me - if I've got the right guy - is the equivalent of Johnny Fairplay. He also claims he didn't have what they took him out the game for (medical) and gripped about it. If so - he should be thrown out in the exiled pool of Fairplay and (hopefully) Hantzes.

Rob Cesternino and his wife Nicole
    This might be interesting.

Stephanie Valencia + ?
    Terry and his wife
    Kat and her Cousin
    Not enough info on them - didn't see them

R.C. and her Dad
    Name familiar but don't remember

Gervase and his brother
    FINALLY after who knows how long we've got ANOTHER first season contestant on the show.

Natalie Bolton and her partner
    Don't know.

Tina Wesson and her husband
    Another winner, but is nice to see another early series competitor back on the show. And it'd be neat to see if she can win on her own without a strong competitor helping. (Though I liked her and was happy with either her or Colby winning, she wasn't nearly as strategic as say Sandra on her social game.)

As someone who only recently has been getting into Survivor, will it be as interesting for me to watch without knowing most of the returnees?
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    As someone who only recently has been getting into Survivor, will it be as interesting for me to watch without knowing most of the returnees?
    Yes!!!

Survivor is all about the social aspects of the game. Even if you like someone the first time, you may not like them the second. The reverse is also true. Sometimes you hate a player the first time and grow to like them the second time. The casting is important and the luck of the draw plays a factor. You get to know the players during the course of the game. In the case of returnees you may already know them...or think you do...and things change. If you don't know them it doesn't really matter as you will get to know them.

The thing with returnees...and why people have issues with them...is because they have played before, they have a leg up on newbies. Cochran is a prime example...as is Boston Rob. If they are smart, they learn from their previous experience and use it to help them in the current game. Others...see JT...have their flaws exposed. The biggest thing is that there may be subtle editing things that you may see if you know a person from a previous season, but, even if you don't know these people, you can still enjoy their gameplay. Being on here, you can easily be filled in on any background you may have missed and frankly, being on here is one of the most enjoyable aspects of watching the show.
    Punkin likes this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Hard to believe that Colton HAS a partner, nasty creep that he was.

I think they are going to split the partners up. My guess is half the experienced players will be on one team, half on the other, and their partners on the other. One thing to remember is that although these partners haven't played before (although now and then they have the "loved one" play when they visit, as this last series, or even without the partner), they know a lot more about the game than the average newbie. PLUS they may well know some of the experienced players---those folks socialize off season, do charity events ,etc., and partners may have been invited.

Oh, and I also think it was blood VS water, not blood AND water....that would make sense if you were on one team and your "blood" was on the other--where do your loyalties lie?

Post merge I would think the push would be to break up any surviving intact couples.

This will be interesting!
    GabbyG and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Yes!!!

Survivor is all about the social aspects of the game. Even if you like someone the first time, you may not like them the second. The reverse is also true. Sometimes you hate a player the first time and grow to like them the second time. The casting is important and the luck of the draw plays a factor. You get to know the players during the course of the game. In the case of returnees you may already know them...or think you do...and things change. If you don't know them it doesn't really matter as you will get to know them.

The thing with returnees...and why people have issues with them...is because they have played before, they have a leg up on newbies. Cochran is a prime example...as is Boston Rob. If they are smart, they learn from their previous experience and use it to help them in the current game. Others...see JT...have their flaws exposed. The biggest thing is that there may be subtle editing things that you may see if you know a person from a previous season, but, even if you don't know these people, you can still enjoy their gameplay. Being on here, you can easily be filled in on any background you may have missed and frankly, being on here is one of the most enjoyable aspects of watching the show.
    Thank you for your response. And you are so right about how being on here makes the show that much more enjoyable. I can't believe I've been missing out all these years in both the show and Fort.

One of the ironic things that happened this year was my reaction to the bug eating challenge. In the beginning of this show, that particular type of challenge was one of the main reasons I refused to watch. I thought it was so gross that I could never imagine myself participating in such a show so I figured it was just for weirdos. Little did I know . . . I wasn't as self-aware at that time.

And yet this year, it was one of my favorite challenges. Though I'm sure the fact that even a nerd like Cochran had a shot of winning it had nothing to do with my reaction.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Thank you for your response. And you are so right about how being on here makes the show that much more enjoyable. I can't believe I've been missing out all these years in both the show and Fort.

One of the ironic things that happened this year was my reaction to the bug eating challenge. In the beginning of this show, that particular type of challenge was one of the main reasons I refused to watch. I thought it was so gross that I could never imagine myself participating in such a show so I figured it was just for weirdos. Little did I know . . . I wasn't as self-aware at that time.

And yet this year, it was one of my favorite challenges. Though I'm sure the fact that even a nerd like Cochran had a shot of winning it had nothing to do with my reaction.
    They have not had that challenge for a few seasons but I think it is one of the best. Yes, it is gross, but, it also shows you who really wants it and like you said, anyone can win it.

I know my limits and would never, EVER, do this show. I like my food, bed and hate bugs, not to mention that they would probably have to medivac me out because I got bronchitis after some rainstorm, but, I love this show and love watching the dynamics of people interacting and seeing some...like Cochran, challenge themselves and grow right before my eyes. Having people who know and love this show as much as I do to share it with is the icing on the cake.
    french dip likes this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Aras and his brother
    Colton and his partner
    Rob Cesternino and his wife Nicole
    Stephanie Valencia + ?
    Terry and his wife
    Kat and her Cousin
    R.C. and her Dad
    Gervase and his brother
    Natalie Bolton and her partner
    Tina Wesson and her husband
    I hated Terry. Cannot stand Colton. Ugh

Kat and her cousin? Yikes. That should be interesting

RC got screwed by Crazy Abi, so I am ok with her being back. Although that laugh...

Rob C is one of the most knowledgeable people in the world of Survivor, and has a ton of connections. Should be interesting to see how he would play again.

I liked Aras, so I'd be ok with seeing him come back. But as a winner, he and Tina are not long for the game I don't think.

The others are all meh to me, although it will be interesting to see Gervase again. That is a long time ago, his season.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Since when was Colton added to the list? I can't even notice who he replaced. What the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Colton?????
    That was my first thought, too
    Punkin likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

+ Reply to Thread