+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: 4/10 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/10 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

I think this episode was some brilliant editing. I think the beautiful bros talked before tribal and decided that if they figured out who wax being voted for, they would let that person play the idol. That is why Reynold so quickly and readily gave up the idol.

It is also possible that either Phillip was astoundingly brilliant, (or someone else suggested it) in that speech which spooked Malcolm.

I doubt that this is some plot Malcolm has with the favorites. He is playing both sides and trying to convince each side that his affinity with the other side is fake. He thinks it is a grand plan. I don't and I think it will cost him this game.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

That was a truly epic idol toss, and then to have it wasted... unforeseen, all of it.

I have to really applaud Reynold though. Yes, in hindsight, it may have been a stupid move, but it was actually quite smart... if all had gone according to Stealth R Us, it would be a big blow. You can never know exactly how others are going to vote, and look at it from his PoV: even though he has an idol, he's on the outs with slim odds... why not use the power he has in the present instead of holding onto it? Most wouldn't make the transfer but I think he realizes it's do or die. Malcolm is a smart player too with experience, so he put his faith in him. Reynold has been referred to as a used car salesman, but I think it is kind of a good trait to have. If the worst thing you can say about somebody is they played too hard or too fast or tried to sell their ideas too much, then they were meant to be on the show IMO (seriously, how can you say somebody was great for the show if they do the opposite - float or follow orders 24/7?) Risk taking makes good tv and when you're down, you need try anything you can. This is an example of it.

Dawn is truly the person to take out IMO. She has that ability to play both sides with her very approachable character... her nickname should be SNITCH! But she also does scheming herself and with Cochran on the side, even more so. Once Stealth R Us have annihilated everybody else, she might be the first to go. Nobody would be able to tell where she stands.
    Last edited by Endit; 04-11-2013 at 05:31 AM.
    holly71 and ilja like this.

FORT Fogey

I am still confused as to what went down and why. I blame the editing. I have officially stopped trying to figure it out.

I wonder why Dawn goes into tears so much. She is sitting in a very good and secure position.

Cochran: " I don't want to be engaged in any sort of masculine tomfoolery with these numbskulls." I love this guy!
    petertracy and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    It's happened before, too. I remember a notable TC back in Fiji where Alex voted for Mookie in an attempt to save himself in a split vote, thus sending Mookie home in a 4-3-1 vote.
    Oh my....you have a good Survivor memory. I've seen every season and I have absolutely no recollection of anyone named Mookie. I had to Google and I found him and he made it pretty far into the game and even after reading about him and seeing a picture I still can't remember him or his name. Maybe I need another cup of coffee...
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Oh my....you have a good Survivor memory. I've seen every season and I have absolutely no recollection of anyone named Mookie. I had to Google and I found him and he made it pretty far into the game and even after reading about him and seeing a picture I still can't remember him or his name. Maybe I need another cup of coffee...
    I can't remember much from past seasons either. I think we may be beyond coffee. Call it psychic, random hunch or a truth to be faced with dignity and grace.

Tip: keep fading memory from adult children as much as possible.

I don't even remember Jeff saying Michael, 'our first member of the jury.'

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    The first of this season's Ponderosa clips is now available.
    This was way too short. We will see more of Michael next week, I know. I like it when Ponderosa fills up more.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Ugh. Mookie. That's all I remember about that guy. Mind you, it was easy to hate so many of the people on Survivor Fiji. Not Yau Man of course, or Boo, <3, but the rest were distasteful.

I found the most interesting part of the evening was Andrea and Eddie's rapid-fire questioning of each other. They both revealed way too much to each other. Andrea became convinced that Malcolm would play an idol, and she would go home. If they had stuck to their original votes, that would have been what would have happened.

As it was, they switched to Michael... and it turned out to be a good move. None of the fans suspected this, and it was the safest way at this point to diminish that alliance further... the favs did not know who was going to play an idol, but they were sure it wasn't going to be Michael.
    I have to add that Andrea really blew it for the favs here. If she hadn't said anything to Eddie the original plan could have happened and they could have gotten rid of Malcolm WITH an idol in his pocket.

While Phillip was talking, I was SO sure he was being a dummy because I thought the original plan of getting rid of Malcolm was in force. However, it was actually a really good play on Phillip's part because he knew they were going to vote Michael and it forced Reynold to play his idol.

It was smart of Malcolm to get Reynold to give him his idol, however, no one predicted that Michael was the target. So, in the end, it was a wasted idol.
    Otherwise, really Malcolm? He claims to be playing both sides, but he reveals to half the favourites that he has an alliance with other people. He goes back to Dawn after she threw Corrine to the wolves and he lets Cochran in on his dirty little secret. The favourites firmly know he is not in their camp. They know he's on the outside and they use him for information. He looks silly "playing" both sides, give it up.

Eddie actually may have something going here. I can't believe I'm saying this. He and Andrea said they would help each other and he helped her by telling her that that the fans were going to vote her, and she helped him by switching the vote away from the Eddie/Reynold split to purely Michael. I don't think things will change between them despite the fact that Eddie voted for Andrea, and Andrea didn't reveal to Eddie that they were voting Michael. She only promised to help him get further, and he promised to give her info. Their relationship is sketchy, but they did help each other.

Dawn had a beautiful plan to get rid of Malcolm and Andrea blew it by talking to Eddie... I'd probably shed a few tears in her position as well. Mind you, I'm not sure what is happening with the complete mental breakdown she has next week.

Well, another interesting episode. Complex, in a way, but that is only because of the relationship formed between Andrea and Eddie. Otherwise it would have been pretty straightforward.

Oh. Malcolm. With the exception of getting Reynold to give you the idol, you look hopelessly lost out there. And you fell for something PHILLIP said, hook, line and sinker. How do you live that one down? By the way, I believe he called the Reynold vote a "throwaway" vote. I don't know where his mind is going half the time.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 04-11-2013 at 07:29 AM.
    petertracy and Duckyface like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    The first of this season's Ponderosa clips is now available.
    Thanks so much for posting this. I'll never understand why Survivor does not air Ponderosa since I often find it more compelling than what they actually do show.

I watched a few of the other videos on that link as well and was surprised that Erik looked hot in one of those shots of him at the challenge. Malcolm of course with his wet hair is still a dreamboat.

Now where was I? Sorry, had a cougar moment for a sec, there. I'm so glad to have you guys to watch this show with. If I keep this up, sometime in the future, I'll be able to recall a past Survivor moment and have one of you guys googling Stealth or Us.

Speaking of which, I did find it quite ironic that they were all snickering at Philip during the first part of the Tribal Council but by the end, his speech had Malcom freaking out.
    PWS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Now where was I? Sorry, had a cougar moment for a sec, there.
    LOLOL

As to Dawn, one or two episodes ago she explained that with six children to care for (good for her adopting six kids, but apparently that's more than they can manage) that $1 million would be life changing as far as college tuition, etc. She's within 1 or 2 TCs of making it as far as she did last time and I don't think she's at risk for a while. The participants are paid on a sliding scale based on how long they last, and potentially the returnees get even more. It's not bad pay for the number of days they commit to.

I had a lot of trouble following what was going on last night. A big reason, once again, being the overly loud background music.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I really don't buy that Andrea is running this show...and Malcom has not exactly shown that he can read these people. I think for the other favorites it wasn't so much doing what Andrea wanted as getting another fan off. Yes, they may have originally wanted Malcom off, but, to reasure her they took out Michael since their plan may have been discovered. This way they weaken Malcolm if he is in an alliance with the fans, keep another of their members happy and they keep their group intact. I think of it as remaining flexible with their options.

On another note, Dawn and her crying is starting to annoy me. She already had one meltdown and now it appears we have to sit through another. Why is she here if backstabbing and voting people off is so difficult for her? It's not as if she has never played this game before. Suck it up buttercup!!!...and don't screw up Cochran!
    I agree. Andrea is too loose in talking with Eddie to be in charge. I hope she leaves soon..
    Malcolm is playing a lousy game, not too long before he is out.
    Did Dawn cry this much last time? I dont recall
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread