+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: 4/10 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/10 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I suspect that in real life Reynold would not use that phrase (last f***able) to a mixed sex, mixed age audience, but with his peer group of overgrown frat boys. I suspect he was being interviewed by another male of around his age, with a male cameraman, and "forgot" that the audience viewing what he said would be very different from the "audience" to whom he was saying it. Not that it makes it better to say it behind women's backs, just more "normal". Sadly there are a lot of men like Reynold--acceptably polite to your face, crude and misogynistic behind your back.

And Reynold is currently from San Francisco, about the most politically correct city on the planet, but even there apparently Reynold has a peer group.
    I never heard him say that..who did he say that to.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It was when the He-Man Woman Haters Club was enjoying their reward at the waterfall.

You might have missed it because Cochran was coming up with some particularly good counter-comments (in PI) at the time.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

He said it while he was on the reward challenge with Cochran and the rest of the boys. It was his explanation as to why the boys should stick together.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I find Reynold to be just as bad as Colton. Why is racism worse than sexism? It's not.

I'd like to add that it confounds me that some women are not bothered by men who rate their entire worth by how "f**kable* they are. It's completely demeaning. I have enough self pride to know my value goes way beyond that, and it sucks when women accept this behaviour as normal because in the end, it affects all of us... I guess some women are so desperate for male attention that they will accept a Reynold, because they think it gives them some sort of step up with even losers like that. Well, no thank you. It's not just about me.
    A surprising number of women just like "bad boys". Why? I don't know. It might be a competitive thing and akin to catching the fish that fights hardest ... or achieving something that is difficult to accomplish .... or something like that.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He said to Malcolm, Eddie and Cochran, none of whom gave him any flack for it btw, something along the lines of "now that the last F*@!able woman (Hope) had left the island" they should stick together as men.

It seems that Malcolm's alliance members are not updating the others on what one is doing. Corrine for example, I'm not even sure if she told everyone that she approached Dawn, maybe its just editing. Did she tell Malcolm that she talked to Dawn? Did they think that Dawn is the easiest to trust and most likely to switch? It seems that way. It seems that Malcolm and company are clueless on the fact that Dawn is not in the bottom of the Stealth r us alliance and that's why she snitched on them. Instead, they could have used Sherri or even Eric as their spy but that's too late now (Sherri hates Reynold and Eddie but Michael and Malcolm could have swayed her to align with them) We know that Malcolm and Eric are in trouble but if they want to sway any fav to their side, it should have been Brenda and not Dawn.

If they were able to get Eric (who could have saved Corrine last week if he told them that her neck was on the line) or Brenda to spy for them, then they would have had word that it was Michael who was getting voted off. If Andrea didn't get paranoid, Malcolm's strategy to ask Reynold to give the HII to him would have been a brilliant move.

Andrea saved herself with the help of Eddie. So Phillip was actually psyching out Malcolm and Reynold to expose the HII knowing that they will be voting out Michael? I hate to give him credit for that. Will Malcolm lie and tell them that it was Michael who threw out a vote? Make up a lie to Eddie and Reynold that Michael was told to vote for Reynold by the faves to save his own life but was instead blindsided.

As for Malcolm throwing a vote towards Reynold after taking his HII. Doesn't make sense as Reynold would just be upset about it even though he thinks he's not getting the boot. Why not just vote for Andrea?

Malcolm has been in this situation before being an underdog but before he was more under the radar while the majority alliance was collapsing. This time everyone knows what he is up to and he is aligned with an unpopular group.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 04-13-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'm not sure he's worse than Colton on the hateful comments scale...but he's working his way up there.
    Reynold's comments aren't hateful, IMO. They're idiotic, to be sure, but not hateful. Just stupid & really shallow.

Colton was very hateful, & proud of it besides! I'm hoping maybe Reynold will be appaled at his own comments when he watches the season. Maybe not, but change is possible.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I don't think Reynolds rates women just on how f*able they are. I think he's just talking like guys do when women aren't around. I've heard plenty of guys talk somewhat the same while I was in college. Big talk around the guys, but they treated their girlfriends like queens. Reynolds seems to be forgetting that the cameras are out there with him too I guess lol. I also play MMO's (WoW and such), and I know for a fact that the guys talk differently when I am around them, than when I'm not. How do I know? They've told me lol. Reynolds just seems stuck in frat boy mode. Hopefully he'll grow out of it, otherwise he's going to remain single lol.
    ilja likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't think Reynolds rates women just on how f*able they are. I think he's just talking like guys do when women aren't around. I've heard plenty of guys talk somewhat the same while I was in college. Big talk around the guys, but they treated their girlfriends like queens. Reynolds seems to be forgetting that the cameras are out there with him too I guess lol. I also play MMO's (WoW and such), and I know for a fact that the guys talk differently when I am around them, than when I'm not. How do I know? They've told me lol. Reynolds just seems stuck in frat boy mode. Hopefully he'll grow out of it, otherwise he's going to remain single lol.
    The way I look at him, it's more than just one line. It started when he teamed up with the good looking people and claimed themselves the cool kids... how everyone wanted to be them. (This was a PI, he knew he was talking to the world). It continued when he stated that Hope was the best looking girl, but made out with Allie, since Hope was taken. He doesn't like Allie as much as Hope obviously, but was good enough in his eyes to use for his pleasure. He shows disdain for people not as good looking as him (in his eyes). This last comment was just the pinnacle to the disgusting stuff he's said so far. Women are things he uses to please himself... if they are worthy of him. The f**kable comment is not an isolated incident displaying Reynold's ego, his machismo, and his objectifying women this season. I didn't like him from the moment he claimed that everyone wanted to be him, and every time he opens his mouth I feel like he justifies that opinion.

I think Cochran got it right, and I understand why he doesn't want to be an ally with the "numbskulls".
    Duckyface and AZChristian like this.

I agree mesachick. Not to excuse that type of behavior, but I think it's more common among men than some women think it is. I used to work as a welder and I worked with all men. They got used to me being around and I was treated (pretty much) like one of the guys. Some of the things they talked and joked about are things that I know they wouldn't have said in mixed company. That's one of the things about Survivor that always kind of amused me. Some of the players seem to forget that there is a camera catching every thing they say and do. And even in the confessionals. They are filmed privately, away from the other players, but they should know that it will be aired on television and the person they happen to be bashing or ridiculing will eventually see what they said.
    ilja likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread