+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: 4/10 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/10 Survivor 26 Caramoan Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

While reading these posts about Reynold, my first thought was "He must be from California." I thought this because he's so shallow, looks are so important to him and he has a much higher opinion of himself than anyone else does. Just read his bio here on FORT.
    All these are part of the young California persona. I know because I live amongst them (but I'm old and don't have to deal with them)
    Thankfully, he will find out after Survivor what everyone else thinks of him. That's going to be a big shock to him. He seems to think he really knows himself. Wrong.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm sure Reynold will attribute his Survivor "image" to editing! But as we always say, they can't edit in something you didn't say, and he's said some pretty bad things.

I'm not sure he's worse than Colton on the hateful comments scale...but he's working his way up there.

That was a great episode! I was breathless waiting to see what would happen at TC. I could NOT believe Reynold would be dumb enough to give Malcolm his HII just as he's about to play it to (possibly) save his own butt at TC. It was hilarious!

I am now dubbing Dawn the "Black Widow" since every time someone goes to her with an alternate plan, she orchestrates their demise (or in the case of Malcolm, she takes out one of his allies). Nice try, Malcolm, and it could have worked but now you're pretty much screwed my boy. But as long as we get one more week of you in the water with your long hair, I'm good.

Reynold and Eddy are like the big dumb jock frat boys of Survivor. And they thought Cochran was down with being one of the "bros"? I loved Cochran's response "I'm not going to engage in any tomfoolery with these numbskulls" - I have now officially done a 180 with him, going from disliking him in his first show to loving him now. And if he can take out Phillip, and make it epic, he will become one of my ultimate favourite Survivors.

Phillip? SHUT. UP. Please, just SHUT UP ALREADY!!
    march, elleprn and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Reynold often sounds more like a teen age boy than a grown man of thirty.
    Well if my teenage sons talked like Reynold does in my hearing, or I ever got wind of them talking like that, I would be so hurt and disappointed in them and let them know. Probably rather loudly. Then their Dad would let them have it with a long loud lecture about how you treat women with respect and honor, about those women being other people's mothers and sisters and such, with me crying in the background reinforcing how upset I was to have a son who could be so disrespectful. They'd be not only grounded but get to spend time doing service for women relatives and neighbors as well as some very targeted assigned reading.I would also take a long hard look at their friends, their video games, and other viewing habits, which I already keep pretty close tabs on.

I guess what I'm saying is that Reynolds comment about "the last f****able woman" is not in my book even acceptable from a hormone driven teen, much less a grown man.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'm sure Reynold will attribute his Survivor "image" to editing! But as we always say, they can't edit in something you didn't say, and he's said some pretty bad things.

I'm not sure he's worse than Colton on the hateful comments scale...but he's working his way up there.
    I don't mind Reynolds( or didnt) but he is nothing like Colton. He was ugly inside and out
    jucamer likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    While reading these posts about Reynold, my first thought was "He must be from California." I thought this because he's so shallow, looks are so important to him and he has a much higher opinion of himself than anyone else does. Just read his bio here on FORT.
    All these are part of the young California persona. I know because I live amongst them (but I'm old and don't have to deal with them)
    Thankfully, he will find out after Survivor what everyone else thinks of him. That's going to be a big shock to him. He seems to think he really knows himself. Wrong.
    Oh that's not fair to Californians! I've lived here most of my life, and surround myself with wonderful, natural, down to earth people. The young folks I know are nothing like Reynolds. Of course there are shallow people in California, but there are shallow people in every state, every country, every continent. Reynolds may be a shallow person, but he'd be that way no matter what state he lived in. I'm with Fanny, he really doesn't bother me either. And yes, he's certainly no Colton - who is from Alabama. I would never say that all of Alabama's youth is cruel and obnoxious, bordering on being racist. I promise you I am nothing like any of The Real Housewives either.
    Last edited by mesachick; 04-12-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    Punkin, JLuvs, KatesMom and 1 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I suspect that in real life Reynold would not use that phrase (last f***able) to a mixed sex, mixed age audience, but with his peer group of overgrown frat boys. I suspect he was being interviewed by another male of around his age, with a male cameraman, and "forgot" that the audience viewing what he said would be very different from the "audience" to whom he was saying it. Not that it makes it better to say it behind women's backs, just more "normal". Sadly there are a lot of men like Reynold--acceptably polite to your face, crude and misogynistic behind your back.

And Reynold is currently from San Francisco, about the most politically correct city on the planet, but even there apparently Reynold has a peer group.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    And Reynold is currently from San Francisco, about the most politically correct city on the planet, but even there apparently Reynold has a peer group.
    Ha! I didn't know that! Must be a transplant from somewhere else and not one of us natives!
    elleprn likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I find Reynold to be just as bad as Colton. Why is racism worse than sexism? It's not.

I'd like to add that it confounds me that some women are not bothered by men who rate their entire worth by how "f**kable* they are. It's completely demeaning. I have enough self pride to know my value goes way beyond that, and it sucks when women accept this behaviour as normal because in the end, it affects all of us... I guess some women are so desperate for male attention that they will accept a Reynold, because they think it gives them some sort of step up with even losers like that. Well, no thank you. It's not just about me.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 04-13-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I find Reynold to be just as bad as Colton. Why is racism worse than sexism? It's not.

I'd like to add that it confounds me that some women are not bothered by men who rate their entire worth by how "f**kable* they are. It's completely demeaning. I have enough self pride to know my value goes way beyond that, and it sucks when women accept this behaviour as normal because in the end, it affects all of us... I guess some women are so desperate for male attention that they will accept a Reynold, because they think it gives them some sort of step up with even losers like that. Well, no thank you. It's not just about me.
    I have known a few of these women. They actually believe it makes them BETTER than the rest of us, because he chose them!! The thinking is so bass-ackwards that I can't even comprehend it. I blame it at least in part on the parents, who apparently did their daughters a dis-service when they were raising them. They were raised to believe they were better or more special than others - and a guy like this choosing them actually just confirms that for them (in their mind)!!

+ Reply to Thread