+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: 3/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    This begs the question. Is it still a lie if you believe it completely yourself? When he confessed to Cochran about losing on purpose, he truly seemed to believe it.
    I think it's still a lie because it's not the truth. However, he'd probably be able to pass a lie detector test because he did appear to believe it himself and that gauges one's nervous reactions to the questions which he wouldn't have.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I think it's still a lie because it's not the truth. However, he'd probably be able to pass a lie detector test because he did appear to believe it himself and that gauges one's nervous reactions to the questions which he wouldn't have.
    Wow . . . just like Jodi Arias!

Seriously, I get a similar pathological, disconnected from the truth vibe from Philip AND Jodi. I just hope he's not dangerous. There were flashes on his first season that concerned me. And I almost thing that his calmer, controlled (but equally demented) demeanor is even more concerning this season.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Wow . . . just like Jodi Arias!

Seriously, I get a similar pathological, disconnected from the truth vibe from Philip AND Jodi. I just hope he's not dangerous. There were flashes on his first season that concerned me. And I almost thing that his calmer, controlled (but equally demented) demeanor is even more concerning this season.
    I never watched Season 1 ... but wasn't Richard Hatch's strategy to walk around naked?

Phillip's version is to walk around in his stinky-pinkies.

He is disconnected alright, but I don't think he is demented per se. I think he is a used-to-be. I think Phillip was "important" and highly regarded at some point/time ... and something happened to change that. He stopped being appreciated ... and he is now lost and disconnected. JMO

I doubt he is dangerous in the violent sense. I find him entertaining and funny... but then I feel bad for laughing as it seems like laughing when someone falls down.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Actually, this is difficult to say, I think Phillip may be telling the truth this time. I didn't believe him when he first told Cochran, but as he explained further it seemed he may, in fact, have thrown the challenge. He pointed out to Cochran that if he had been fully committed to the challenge he never would have twirled the rope before throwing the hook. And, more importantly, he never would have slowly recalled the rope after the hook disengaged from a ring.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    But to be fair, Phillip chose her....and it's very hard to "unchoose" when chosen by Phillip--look what happened to her when she tried.
    To be even fairer, she was probably doomed when it came to a choice between her and Michael....he definitely looked like the stronger of the two, and that tribe has brains, they need brawn.
    He does seem to have lighter colored eyes I've noticed. I think they might be green, like a lizards.
    Dragonlady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    He does seem to have lighter colored eyes I've noticed. I think they might be green, like a lizards.
    well, that fits perfectly w/the other poster who said he was reptilian.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I don't think she wasn't there to play - I assume everyone is there to play or else why go. I just don't know what her strategy was - and we never really got to see it. The other thing to think about is that multiple people have described her as "vanilla". So while I'm sure she was there to play a game, she wasn't shown to us to have a strategy, and apparently she wasn't shown to the other players to have a strategy. Doesn't mean she doesn't have one, but if you have to go searching in outtakes to find them, that doesn't really help her with the other players.
    Yeah, because the other players only see what is broadcast in a 40 minute show (not counting commercials) every week. They don't see anything else that goes on during the rest of the 2,880-4,320 minutes (2-3 days that make up an episode) that the Producers decide not to air.
    Last edited by maul52; 04-01-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Even those who search out additional clips of the show don't see everything. Because not everything that happens on the island is recorded, and everything that is recorded is not released. In fact, not even the tribe members see everything. So, viewers and tribe members alike make their judgements on the information they are privy to.

From all I've seen/heard of Julia I still find her to be milquetoast. Sweet, but not even interesting enough to be referred to as vanilla.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread