+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: 3/20/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/20/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Nope.

And Philip schooling Matt and Michael on Stealth R Us.
    I know I don't know how they sat there and listened to that speech for so long. They had more patience than I would have had.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    I know I don't know how they sat there and listened to that speech for so long. They had more patience than I would have had.
    It's scary ... but he actually seems to me to be a little less delusional and to make some clear, interesting points this time.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    I think it was probably a "Get to know my new tribe mates" kind of exercise for them rather than real interest.

This was the first time they'd talked with him so I think they'd want to know something about who he is and where he is coming from. Poor things.

Wow, my ears must really be going south as I don't remember Corinne saying anything about "gays" in tribal. Though even if I had heard it and the context was there, I don't understand how that makes her unlikeable.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Wow, my ears must really be going south as I don't remember Corinne saying anything about "gays" in tribal. Though even if I had heard it and the context was there, I don't understand how that makes her unlikeable.
    It not only what she said ( for me) its the way she says it. We cant like everyone Look at me, I dont mind Reynolds
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Yes, I think those TSA folks who are well known for frisking babies are considered "federal agents." Scary.

And Bearcata, you need to really open up and tell us what you honestly think about Reynold. Don't suppress those feelings!!! LOL.
    I know I am usually so self contained.
    spockwhat and AZChristian like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    She said it multiple times before TC and again in TC when Jeff asked her how things were going for her in the new tribe--the only "context" was she's happy because she loves "the gays". What's unlikeable about it, as explained well above I thought, but maybe you haven't read the backlog yet, is implying "gays" are all the same, a group of clones. It would be equally unlikeable if she said, I really like the straights... or the blacks, or the disabled.. Everyone in the group is not going to be likeable. It takes some of Michael's individuality away--you like him, or you don't, you don't like him because he's gay, but because he's fun, or listens to you, or likes country music like you do. Of course there are worse things she could have said, like, I DON'T like the gays (again lumping them all together), and frankly given her hyperreligiousness the last time around that's what I would have expected.
    It was especially offputting as, so far as we've seen, Michael never mentions being gay--it's not a big thing to him. I certainly didn't know he was gay before she said it--in fact when she said it the first time I wouldn't have known which of the two fan guys she meant IF Survivor hadn't practically simultaneously run a shot of Michael stretching in a lawn chair... I guess it was meant to be a "gay" stretch? Of course, thanks to the editing maybe we don't know he discusses it constantly, but I doubt it somehow.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I almost leapt up from the couch and ran to the computer when Eddie/Reynolds started in on the young goodlooking alliance stuff again---did they learn nothing??? Setting themselves up to be first out if their tribe loses an IC. And the favs on their new tribe are having NO trouble believing Sherri.... And the smart "uncool" guys like Cochran know just where they fit with these guys when (evnetually) they are all together....
    Last edited by PWS; 03-21-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    She said it multiple times before TC and again in TC when Jeff asked her how things were going for her in the new tribe--the only "context" was she's happy because she loves "the gays". What's unlikeable about it, as explained well above I thought, but maybe you haven't read the backlog yet, is implying "gays" are all the same, a group of clones. It would be equally unlikeable if she said, I really like the straights... or the blacks, or the disabled.. Everyone in the group is not going to be likeable. It takes some of Michael's individuality away--you like him, or you don't, you don't like him because he's gay, but because he's fun, or listens to you, or likes country music like you do. Of course there are worse things she could have said, like, I DON'T like the gays (again lumping them all together), and frankly given her hyperreligiousness the last time around that's what I would have expected.
    It was especially off putting as, so far as we've seen, Michael never mentions being gay--it's not a big thing to him. I certainly didn't know he was gay before she said it--in fact when she said it the first time I wouldn't have known which of the two fan guys she meant IF Survivor hadn't practically simultaneously run a shot of Michael stretching in a lawn chair... I guess it was meant to be a "gay" stretch? Of course, thanks to the editing maybe we don't know he discusses it constantly, but I doubt it somehow.
    That's what I posted .When she opened her yap, Mr M said well who is gay? I don't think Micheal has ever mentioned it. I think that's for him to say, not her. OTOH maybe he will say.You know me Jeff I love the big mouths
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Definitely, when you "like" a entire group of people for one attribute it's as biased as if you "don't like" the same group for the same attribute.

I found Corrine funny at the beginning of the episode and then it all went downhill. My husband and I were like, ah, here's the real Corrine coming out when she started with the more bitchy statements later in the program and her commenting about "loving her gays" or whatever was ridiculous. Maybe it's a desperate ploy to get some fans this season? I'm quite sure most (but probably not all) will hate her for it. Whoops.

You know, it's kind of similar to Reynold and Eddie bonding and liking only the good looking people. Actually they're worse, because at least she likes a group of people different then herself. They only like people who are like them (on the surface).

+ Reply to Thread