+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree339Likes

Thread: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

It is detailed in posts higher in the thread.
    CupidGuest likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Phillip elected himself. I don't really expect him to last much longer either, unless someone wants to take him along to the end as a patsy again, knowing he'll do or say something so irritating that no one will want to give him a vote at the final tribal.

And the thought does occur that it's a good thing there's no chance of Phillip and Brandon ending up sequestered together in the jury house. Yikes.
    Well hopefully the rest of them, all 13 of them, digested what Brandon said despite how it came out. I want them to vote him out sooner rather than later.
    Punkin, GabbyG, Moontat and 2 others like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm catching up on the rest now.

Phillip Sheppard and Captain Moby being the last two left in the reward challenge <333

Woah during Lexpert's confessional while looking for the idol, the caption accidentally called him Moby. First time this happened in my memory.

I love Phillip.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    IMO, Jeff wasn't condoning Brandon's behavior. He realized that Brandon was seriously on the edge and he did not want to do ANYTHING to push him over. I thought Jeff did exactly the right thing. You don't challenge a person who is fragile/volatile etc.. There was no way to know what calling him on his behavior would have caused him to do.
    While I admit the touchy-feely stuff Jeff was doing to Brandon was a bit weird... I could totally read it the way you did. Jeff could tell that this was a fight waiting to happen and I mean a knock down drag out fight that would make ANYTHING we've seen in reality TV look like a game of red rover.

I personally didn't agree with EITHER's actions or reactions tonight, but I did see Brandon's sanity snap. And honestly, given how nasty his other relatives are, and him trying to be (mostly) the antithesis of them in the first go, I could see it happen this season. IMHO, I think he took advice from both of them and tried to be them, add to it the pressure cooker "Survivor" is and you were ready for a rice cooker explosion the size of Fat Man's detonation in WWII.

Jeff et. al. should replace their rice and beans because THEY were the creation of this potential scenario - and they KNEW that Russell was a PITA times 20 and Willie was EJECTED from his game show for this type of behavior. I also say this because not all of the favorites were on Brandon's case or taunting him like Phillip was and therefore they shouldn't have been punished.

He should NEVER have been cast - and yes, I was rooting for him to do an "In your face Russell" but he shouldn't have been here. And honestly, if the producers have ANY smarts (and they don't here obviously) they would keep BOTH of these men off the reunion show or have security because I smell a second round if they don't.

Phillip really is a narcissist and has now - and I cannot believe I'm typing this - taken over Rich Hatch's reign as the most arrogant and Omarosa's as the most delusional reigns in reality show history. He's good at challenges, but honestly, merge is coming up and he's got a target the size of Mount Rainer on his back now.
    Punkin and livin4reality like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but, Russell is the nicest, most sane of the lot.
    I have to disagree. Russell has shown himself to be a narcissistic, ego-driven, unforgiving, mean manipulator, and I believe he probably played a large role in pushing Brandon over the edge. The torture started at the finale of Brandon's first season when Russell very cruelly demeaned Brandon, basically accusing him of being weak and an embarrassment to the Hantz family. In tonight's episode, Brandon said that things were very bad for him after his first season. It would not surprise me at all to find out that Russell was merciless in his criticism and mocking of Brandon. Tonight, Brandon kept saying he was in control of his own destiny, as if he was trying to convince not only himself, but others, that that was true. It was pretty apparent that some force was weighing heavily upon him. I think that dark force was Russell. Brandon is in serious need of professional help.

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    I have been a Survivor fan since the first episode. I don't think I've missed more than one, maybe two episodes in all these years. Also a huge Jeff Probst fan. But I am very disturbed by what just happened. Jeff was coddling Brandon, rubbing his shoulders, treating him with kid gloves, which will just fuel Brandon's delusion that he is in the right and acting sanely. I do get the point that he was genuinely concerned for the kid's mental health, but there is no way he should have condoned it. He should shown disgust at Brandon's behavior, not "Go on out of here, kiddo, and I'll come find you." And he definitely should assure the Favorites tribe that their rice and beans will be replaced.
    I, too, was disturbed by what I saw. But I think Jeff handled things very well and in a way that defused a very volatile and potentially dangerous situation. He no doubt knew about what happened at camp, so he was probably prepared for some fireworks. Separating Brandon from both tribes was a smart move. Brandon was not behaving rationally, so making physical contact with him in a non-threatening manner was a way for Jeff to calm him down and make Brandon feel he was not alone. It didn't mean he condoned Brandon's behavior, it just allowed a very emotionally unstable Brandon to feel he could trust Jeff. Jeff needed to tread very carefully to make sure nothing happened to make Brandon go berserk. Rubbing Brandon's shoulders also gave Jeff an advantage if he needed to grab Brandon to prevent him from making a sudden move forward towards Phillip.
    Punkin, NCLurker, Brooks and 7 others like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Total meltdown for Brandon.. Shaking my head. The only thing was, some of these players really liked him!! they were sick of Phillip and his "Stealth R us." I shouldn't laugh but when Brandon said, we aren't little plastic toys! he was right. I hope Philip is next to go - then the tribe can relax, although it looks like the merge is coming.

When Brandon said sorry, Philip was acting like a condescending goof!

As for Jeff, he did the right thing, he knew Brandon was on the edge and beyond - If he had to placate him, so be it. WTG Jeff.

The fans, I have never seen them all look so happy! I bet Eddie tells someone that Reynold found the idol( again)

In all our seasons of seeing this show, we have never seen an outcome like this.

I have to disagree. Russell has shown himself to be a narcissistic, ego-driven, unforgiving, mean manipulator, and I believe he probably played a large role in pushing Brandon over the edge. The torture started at the finale of Brandon's first season when Russell very cruelly demeaned Brandon, basically accusing him of being weak and an embarrassment to the Hantz family. In tonight's episode, Brandon said that things were very bad for him after his first season. It would not surprise me at all to find out that Russell was merciless in his criticism and mocking of Brandon. Tonight, Brandon kept saying he was in control of his own destiny, as if he was trying to convince not only himself, but others, that that was true. It was pretty apparent that some force was weighing heavily upon him. I think that dark force was Russell. Brandon is in serious need of professional help.

I heard his wife and children left him, thats why he was ultra touchy when it came to his children.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Holy crapoly! Now that was an episode of pure madness! Brandon most certainly looked like a wild man. Jeff did fantastic in keeping him focused and in control (mostly anyway), to keep things from turning physical. I actually do feel a bit sad for Brandon as I think his family had something to do with his behavior this time around. Don't like Phillip that much either. Granted he's been a big asset in challenges, but he just needs to stop talking so much! He's got a huge ego that one. Crazy episode that's for sure.
    Punkin, Duckyface and Midol like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Adding my agreement that Jeff's shoulder massage of Brandon was a defusing technique...and also he literally had ahold of him, and could also feel if he was about to lunge off at Phillip. I think he just wanted him out safely. Notice he had him walk around the fans tribe, far from the favorites tribe, so just the sight of Phillip within reach couldn't set him off again. And so Phillip would be less likely to take another jab. I agree that to some extent Phillip was provoking Brandon with the comments about being polite to your elders, including your aunt, etc. Previously Phillip has NOT played the "I"m older" card--he doesn't want to be seen as older/weaker.
    On that note, I did enjoy that the old men were holding down the fort as it were on that luxury competition. To be fair I think the fans did gang up on Brandon's basket first over Phillip's so maybe that was one reason Phillip got to be the hero--or maybe that was just editing. And of course Philip is about a foot taller than Brandon and his shoulders look twice as wide, and he's very obviously shown himself to be in very good physical shape, not just "for his age". The fans might have done better to have Reynolds be one of the holders, although I know the throwers needed to be strong as well.
    I'm surprised they didn't try harder to save the rice and beans (?), even if they had mixed with sand. The sand can be sifted out, the rice rinsed just before cooking...they just need to get it out of the wet and dry it off right away. As I mentioned on another thread, I've read about a sand/rice separation technique (invented by a young female baboon and taught to her peers)...toss the mix in water, sand sinks, rice floats relatively, especially in moving water. You could do this just before cooking, so it wouldn't matter if the rice got wet in the sorting process. Or you could try to sift out the sand if you had a moderately loosely woven basket since rice grains are bigger than sand grains...and beans are bigger than either. That said, I'm curious as to whether they replace the lost food, and mention that.
    Looking forward to what I guess is a tribe swap, assuming it is too early for the merge.
    Andrea did NOT help the craziness... apparently she saw Brandon as someone on her side, vs. Phillip, but still! At least she didn't go so far as to say Phillip planned to throw the competition to get rid of Brandon.
    Endit likes this.

+ Reply to Thread