+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree339Likes

Thread: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by waitforbigbro View Post
    Man, I had kind of forgotten about Willie on BB & I watched that happen ! I kind of think Brandon knows that he will never win Survivor and this kind of thing is his way of getting a lot of attention. Not that he's faking his disgust with Phillip but if it hadn't been Phillip getting him ticked off, it would be someone else. Do people who leave the game this early go right home or do they get stashed somewhere ? They don't go to Ponderosa this early do they ? As for Phillip, he is a joke, IMO, he rode Rob's coattails in that season, and people are going along with him right now but I think that will end soon enough. He does do well in challenges usually, but his freakin mouth would drive just about anyone crazy. Brandon was just the closest one to the crazy line.
    That's the weird thing--both Phillip and Brandon are nutty and both do well in challenges. Brandon just went dangerously nutty first--and it does bug me that Phillip egged it all on by mentioning his kids. There really was no reason for him to do that, except to distract everyone from what Brandon was saying about Phillip, which, though he was delivering it all wrong, was true: Phillip does talk too much, he does think he's in charge, and people do laugh at his stupid Stealth R Us nonsense behind his back. Oh, yeah, and Boston Rob is the only reason he made it to the finals, and Rob just took him there because he'd be easy to beat.
    march, Moontat, Alexxxx and 2 others like this.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    I have been a Survivor fan since the first episode. I don't think I've missed more than one, maybe two episodes in all these years. Also a huge Jeff Probst fan. But I am very disturbed by what just happened. Jeff was coddling Brandon, rubbing his shoulders, treating him with kid gloves, which will just fuel Brandon's delusion that he is in the right and acting sanely. I do get the point that he was genuinely concerned for the kid's mental health, but there is no way he should have condoned it. He should shown disgust at Brandon's behavior, not "Go on out of here, kiddo, and I'll come find you." And he definitely should assure the Favorites tribe that their rice and beans will be replaced.

As it stands, Brandon will continue to think that as a Hantz he has a God-given right to be just as stupid and irrational and immature as he wants and the world will give him a pass. Personally, I think his two children should be put in foster care just based on tonight's episode alone. There is no way that creep should be allowed anywhere near children. Of course, it's also my personal belief that every Hantz should be neutered, but I guess that's not going to happen any time soon.
    IMO, Jeff wasn't condoning Brandon's behavior. He realized that Brandon was seriously on the edge and he did not want to do ANYTHING to push him over. I thought Jeff did exactly the right thing. You don't challenge a person who is fragile/volatile etc.. There was no way to know what calling him on his behavior would have caused him to do.
    Punkin, Lil Bit, Brooks and 16 others like this.

Philip's conversation with Brandon annoyed me. He is acting as though he runs the entire game, telling Brandon how long he can stay? Who elected him as fearless leader?
    Lil Bit and teatime like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    IMO, Jeff wasn't condoning Brandon's behavior. He realized that Brandon was seriously on the edge and he did not want to do ANYTHING to push him over. I thought Jeff did exactly the right thing. You don't challenge a person who is fragile/volatile etc.. There was no way to know what calling him on his behavior would have caused him to do.
    That's the way I took it too--that Jeff was just trying his best to defuse the situation until he could get Brandon out of there safely. Other than Phillip, I think the rest of the members of Brandon's tribe, and really, everyone else on the other tribe too, were trying to do the same thing: keep the situation under control for the moment, and let people who are more qualified to deal with whatever Brandon's going through deal with it after he's out of the game.
    Punkin, NCLurker, Moontat and 5 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Philip's conversation with Brandon annoyed me. He is acting as though he runs the entire game, telling Brandon how long he can stay? Who elected him as fearless leader?
    Phillip elected himself. I don't really expect him to last much longer either, unless someone wants to take him along to the end as a patsy again, knowing he'll do or say something so irritating that no one will want to give him a vote at the final tribal.

And the thought does occur that it's a good thing there's no chance of Phillip and Brandon ending up sequestered together in the jury house. Yikes.

The difference between Phillip and Brandon is that, while both are delusional, Phillip can be laughed off. He is annoying as heck but not dangerous. Brandon is psycho and the favorites are safer without him. Please, Survivor, let this be the sad end to the Hantz family participants. Do not dredge up second cousin, crazy Eddie, for Survivor 32...
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

That was quite disturbing to watch because Brandon is so obviously not stable. IMO, as soon as he threw out the rice and beans he should have been yanked from the show with no need for a vote. It's not that the show can't give them more but there is no guaranty and that is putting other people's lives deliberately in jeopardy. To me it's more reprehensible than striking someone which would (I assume) get someone automatically ejected.

This season hasn't been much fun to watch because of the mentally unstable people they allowed to be contestants. With Shamar's PTSD which I assume is documented since he talked about having treatment for it, it should have been apparent to anyone with half a brain that this would not be a good place for him to be.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

It's a shame that Brandonfeld was cancelled after only one episode.

I was watching AI. Did Brandon get voted out?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Yes but since stuff came up which prevented me from finishing the episode, I don't know the exact details.
    CupidGuest likes this.

+ Reply to Thread