+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree339Likes

Thread: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I think Jeff probably talked to the resident shrink ahead of the immunity challenge and had some ideas what he would do about Brandon.

The preview suggests there may be a merge next week. Some kind of shake up.
    I hope Brandon's willing to talk to their resident psychologist. I'm not sure they could make him do so, but it would certainly do him some good.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Sorta. And threw things and was very foul mouthed to a few people. A real gem.
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but, Russell is the nicest, most sane of the lot.
    Photobabe likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but, Russell is the nicest, most sane of the lot.
    Not a Thanksgiving dinner I'd like to be invited to.

I'm glad he's gone, I don't enjoy watching his particular brand of crazy. Phillip is a nutter too, but he's not prone to violent outbursts.
    holly71 and Midol like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I'd disagree with that. I think Brandon's dad is really the nicest Hantz. And he gets walked all over by the rest of the nuts in the family. He's actually likable.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Not a Thanksgiving dinner I'd like to be invited to.
    Ahh, come on, it would never be dull.

Seriously though, I just thought Brandon was incredibly immature and insecure with a real need to figure out how not to be like his uncle during his first season. I think that he was WELL beyond that this time. I feel sorry for anyone who has such a background. We've, unfortunately, seen 3 Hantz family members now. It would be beyond tough to come out of that background even semi normal.
    spockwhat and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fan

I have been a Survivor fan since the first episode. I don't think I've missed more than one, maybe two episodes in all these years. Also a huge Jeff Probst fan. But I am very disturbed by what just happened. Jeff was coddling Brandon, rubbing his shoulders, treating him with kid gloves, which will just fuel Brandon's delusion that he is in the right and acting sanely. I do get the point that he was genuinely concerned for the kid's mental health, but there is no way he should have condoned it. He should shown disgust at Brandon's behavior, not "Go on out of here, kiddo, and I'll come find you." And he definitely should assure the Favorites tribe that their rice and beans will be replaced.

As it stands, Brandon will continue to think that as a Hantz he has a God-given right to be just as stupid and irrational and immature as he wants and the world will give him a pass. Personally, I think his two children should be put in foster care just based on tonight's episode alone. There is no way that creep should be allowed anywhere near children. Of course, it's also my personal belief that every Hantz should be neutered, but I guess that's not going to happen any time soon.
    holly71 and Ancient City like this.

FORT Fogey

Brandon and Phillip are both nuts. I wish they would have both gone.

If that whole exchange between them was written on paper and not acted out full of drama, Brandon actually made sense. His points were valid. He just wasn't emotionally capable of handling the situation. Phillip bringing up his kids at mock-tribal was just pouring salt in the wound. He knew exactly how Brandon would react. In fact, I think he was hoping Brandon would come at him physically so that everybody would disregard what Brandon was saying, and see Phillip as some sort of victim. Brandon is emotionally immature to an extreme, but Phillip is certifiably crazy. I couldn't live with either of them.
    Punkin, march, sweetpea and 5 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    They sure yanked Wille Hantz from Big Brother when he got ugly, I don't see why they can't do it on this show. I'd be afraid to sleep near that idiot.
    Man, I had kind of forgotten about Willie on BB & I watched that happen ! I kind of think Brandon knows that he will never win Survivor and this kind of thing is his way of getting a lot of attention. Not that he's faking his disgust with Phillip but if it hadn't been Phillip getting him ticked off, it would be someone else. Do people who leave the game this early go right home or do they get stashed somewhere ? They don't go to Ponderosa this early do they ? As for Phillip, he is a joke, IMO, he rode Rob's coattails in that season, and people are going along with him right now but I think that will end soon enough. He does do well in challenges usually, but his freakin mouth would drive just about anyone crazy. Brandon was just the closest one to the crazy line.
    Punkin, Moontat and Midol like this.

Really? Why did Reynold have to find the dang idol again. I can't stand him.
    sweetpea, spockwhat and Duckyface like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread