+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122
Like Tree339Likes

Thread: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I know some folks are up in arms about Reynold's big grins during the Immunity Challenge/TC hehe - but I think it might be just because he is totally loving the game. He is a fan after all. I can only imagine how exciting it must be to play the game that you've watched for seasons on tv. Not really an excuse, and it may not do him any favors in the long run, but to me he just seems to be really having fun experiencing the game first hand. Like a kid in a candy store if you will. The only part I found really obnoxious is when he asked Jeff if he could say the words he always does to the winning team when presenting the idol to them. I am kind of on the fence with Reynold at this point.
    If that's true and that's all Reynold could think about at a time like that, while seeing how upset the other teams was and not giving a thought for how distraught Brandon was, then he just further proves how self centered and entitled he is. He has no empathy, no thoughts for what the others are going through, only glee that this benefits him. I think he's a narcissist

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    If that's true and that's all Reynold could think about at a time like that, while seeing how upset the other teams was and not giving a thought for how distraught Brandon was, then he just further proves how self centered and entitled he is. He has no empathy, no thoughts for what the others are going through, only glee that this benefits him. I think he's a narcissist
    If you read some posts on Brandon, after his interview others don't have much empathy for Brandon either, that doesn't make them bad people.
    holly71 and mesachick like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

If I was playing a game for a million bucks and my game just went from a possible Pagonging to having a chance at turning things around, I'd be pretty full of glee too. I think everyone would. Some people might show it, some might not. I'm with Fanny, doesn't make you a bad person. It means you want to win the game!
    holly71, Lil Bit and pikachu like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I just read a Jeff Probst interview. He said that TC lasts from 45 to 90 minutes, depending upon the situation. Another interesting tidbit, the contestants don't walk to the challenges or to TC like it appears on TV. In Gabon, they were driven in vehicles with black plastic covering the windows. That prevents contestants from seeing where they are, and from seeing parts of the production such as base camp. After arriving, they're kept in a waiting area until Jeff Probst calls them in to the challenge, which is what we see on TV. They are not allowed to talk to one another until cameras are rolling either at the challenges or back at camp, ensuring that viewers won't ever miss a critical moment.

Interesting stuff
    I love all that behind the scene stuff . I thought Jeff had said TC was sometimes 2 hours. Even so, if it is 90 mins, we really dont get to see much do we?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

If I was playing a game for a million bucks and my game just went from a possible Pagonging to having a chance at turning things around, I'd be pretty full of glee too. I think everyone would. Some people might show it, some might not. I'm with Fanny, doesn't make you a bad person. It means you want to win the game!
    You're right, that moment does not make him a bad person. Just a bad player. He's had plenty of other moments where he proved he was a bad person.

Eh, and I am done on this point. Just a couple of more days until the next show! Hopefully we'll get an actual immunity challenge this time.
    PWS likes this.

FORT Regular

Yes!! I agree with this 1million %!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    This could come down to being Andrea's fault.

Brandon dumped the rice and something else, to give Phillip a reason to vote him out. The others just stand there then trying picking up the rice from the sand. It's got to be a problem, everything is so wet.
    Yeah, Andrea's fault. You've got two mentally unstable guys, but it's Andrea's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I'm sorry you don't recall all of the things that Reynolds said. I would suggest watching the first couple of episodes.

Once again, I would advise watching the first couple of episodes, where we see Reynold's group become allies and the others take notice of it.
    I don't get offended by alliances, at all. Only when the alliance is a minority, 4 versus 6, and yet the minority group feels they are somehow superior and talks about how the others want to be them. And yes, if it was 4 older people and they did the same thing, I would find it obnoxious, but beyond that, completely STUPID. Doesn't matter what age you are, dumb is dumb.

I don't even know how to respond to the "we are conditioned to hold resentment against young attractive people" comment. Since the opposite is actually the truth. Anyone reading this thread can see how Reynold is getting a pass with a lot of people BECAUSE he is attractive, despite his heinous personality. And why doesn't everyone hate Malcolm, since he's good looking? And young?

I've never seen a jerk get a pass because they are old or ugly. If someone could name one, I'd love to see it.
    Didnt Malcolm say last nite when he was talking to Andrea I think, that he likes her, but, hes good a lying to girls?

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    Have we all forgotten about EDITING? Who knows what Reynold was grinning at? In the middle of that mess someone may have said something funny.
    Thats what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by PipSqueek View Post
    Didnt Malcolm say last nite when he was talking to Andrea I think, that he likes her, but, hes good a lying to girls?
    He did say that he was experienced at lying to girls but what he lied to her about was having the Idol. She dreamed that he had one and asked him directly. He told her no, which is a lie... then he made that comment.

+ Reply to Thread