+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree339Likes

Thread: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I think there *will* be repercussions with regards to Phillip. Andrea is feeling really conflicted as she said she and Brandon had become close, and it's evident she doesn't like Phillip at all. I wonder what happens next week to have him turn on Corrinne. Maybe she didn't jump up and salute fast enough, or forgot the secret Stealth-R-Us handshake?

He's such a joke. I just cannot take anything about him seriously and while I do enjoy those who find humour in situations, and who try to lighten things up for people, Phillip just seems so unbalanced. He's a riot when everyone humors him with his fantasies, but the minute you appear to disagree, look out. His ego is incredibly fragile.
    I worry for Andrea, and Dawn was pretty shaken. Phillip- well I hope he is next to go( fingers crossed)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I would love it if he went next. And I'd love a big blindside to go along with it.

Dawn was so upset too. I loved how Malcolm reached his hand forward onto her shoulder for support when she teared up. I really did feel sorry for the rest of the people on the tribe, as that was just so ugly, the whole thing.

That's what made Reynold's reaction (whether douchiness or nerves prompted that huge #@#&-eating grin he had on his face I don't know) so abhorrent to me. Sure, it was a huge tv moment and yes, Reynold, you get to be a part of it. But take a second and look at the people's faces on the other tribe. They were distraught (Andrea and Dawn) and crying. Man up, you idiot. Ugh.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I think there *will* be repercussions with regards to Phillip. Andrea is feeling really conflicted as she said she and Brandon had become close, and it's evident she doesn't like Phillip at all. I wonder what happens next week to have him turn on Corrinne. Maybe she didn't jump up and salute fast enough, or forgot the secret Stealth-R-Us handshake?

He's such a joke. I just cannot take anything about him seriously and while I do enjoy those who find humour in situations, and who try to lighten things up for people, Phillip just seems so unbalanced. He's a riot when everyone humors him with his fantasies, but the minute you appear to disagree, look out. His ego is incredibly fragile.
    It almost seems that the rest of the tribe is looking at "Stealth R Us" and the code names as a lighthearted way to reduce boredom and stress. But then it feels like Phillip is TOTALLY serious about it, and takes any criticism as a demonstration of traitor-like behavior, earning the perpetrator a death sentence.

It sure reinforces my intention NOT to try out for Survivor ever. There are CRAZY people in those woods!
    pikachu likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    This is not unusual where a contestant that has proved incredibly popular to do two back to back seasons. Malcolm is doing it and Russell did it. However it is the contestants choice and they do have the advantage of having the survivor experience yet no one else has seen how they play so they are an unknown element.
    Maybe unknown, but definitely suspicious IMO. I mean, if I was a contestant and somebody showed up that I had never seen play, and on the "favorites" team, I would be instantly wary of that person. On top of that, Malcolm is just so easy going, everybody likes him, and he's good at challenges. As a viewer, I like Malcolm and want him to do well. As a contestant, he would be in my crosshairs from the getgo.
    holly71 and KatesMom like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I'd be a bit wary of Malcolm too, having never seen him play. But they also have no idea how well he did on his season. Just look at Francesca who was voted out first on her original season. They really have no reason to put Malcolm in any cross hairs as they are all favorites for one reason or another. Not just because they were good at playing the game (and not all of them were good lol). Also I've noticed that Malcolm seems to be holding back a lot this season, even to the point of making sure Phillip is the one that seems to be the major player in the challenges. I think Malcolm is playing an incredibly smart game up to this point. I don't think Malcolm came back too soon at all. In fact, having his game play unknown to the others is proving to be a plus so far. Not a one of them even have a suspicion that he has the immunity idol lol (except for Corrine whom he told).
    holly71 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I would love it if he went next. And I'd love a big blindside to go along with it.

Dawn was so upset too. I loved how Malcolm reached his hand forward onto her shoulder for support when she teared up. I really did feel sorry for the rest of the people on the tribe, as that was just so ugly, the whole thing.

That's what made Reynold's reaction (whether douchiness or nerves prompted that huge #@#&-eating grin he had on his face I don't know) so abhorrent to me. Sure, it was a huge tv moment and yes, Reynold, you get to be a part of it. But take a second and look at the people's faces on the other tribe. They were distraught (Andrea and Dawn) and crying. Man up, you idiot. Ugh.
    Agreed. It's not just the fact that Reynold's reaction looked insensitive to US, it's how it must have looked to the other tribe that makes it really stupid. At the beginning of the immunity challenge he talked about how hard Survivor is on everyone, the haves (favs) and the have-nots (fans) and it looked like he was trying to connect with the other tribe a little. Does he think anyone on the favourites missed his comment about giving the fans the win with the whole arm raised thing? I doubt they found it funny like my doofus husband (whom I love). They probably went back to camp, talked about Brandon most of the night, and just as they were falling asleep, someone suddenly said, "wow, and that Reynold guy today, what a douche, huh?"
    It was just dumb game play, period.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 03-16-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    Duckyface and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I'd be a bit wary of Malcolm too, having never seen him play. But they also have no idea how well he did on his season. Just look at Francesca who was voted out first on her original season. They really have no reason to put Malcolm in any cross hairs as they are all favorites for one reason or another. Not just because they were good at playing the game (and not all of them were good lol). Also I've noticed that Malcolm seems to be holding back a lot this season, even to the point of making sure Phillip is the one that seems to be the major player in the challenges. I think Malcolm is playing an incredibly smart game up to this point. I don't think Malcolm came back too soon at all. In fact, having his game play unknown to the others is proving to be a plus so far. Not a one of them even have a suspicion that he has the immunity idol lol (except for Corrine whom he told).
    You make a good point, mesa. I suppose I projected a bit in my opinion. For me, the only ones I consider favorites are those that play really hard and are true competitors. It's true that TPTB have used the term 'favorites' a bit loosely this season. Very loosely.
    mesachick likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I know some folks are up in arms about Reynold's big grins during the Immunity Challenge/TC hehe - but I think it might be just because he is totally loving the game. He is a fan after all. I can only imagine how exciting it must be to play the game that you've watched for seasons on tv. Not really an excuse, and it may not do him any favors in the long run, but to me he just seems to be really having fun experiencing the game first hand. Like a kid in a candy store if you will. The only part I found really obnoxious is when he asked Jeff if he could say the words he always does to the winning team when presenting the idol to them. I am kind of on the fence with Reynold at this point.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I know some folks are up in arms about Reynold's big grins during the Immunity Challenge/TC hehe - but I think it might be just because he is totally loving the game. He is a fan after all. I can only imagine how exciting it must be to play the game that you've watched for seasons on tv. Not really an excuse, and it may not do him any favors in the long run, but to me he just seems to be really having fun experiencing the game first hand. Like a kid in a candy store if you will. The only part I found really obnoxious is when he asked Jeff if he could say the words he always does to the winning team when presenting the idol to them. I am kind of on the fence with Reynold at this point.
    I have no use for Reynold whatsoever. I think he's a smug entitiled jerk. But I agree with you on this.
    Their tribe has been so down for losing & losing. They kept saying they need a break to turn the tide, & lo & behold that break showed up dressed as a little tatooed lunatic named Brandon.
    I think Reynold was shocked & amazed that that happened. All of a sudden their luck changed for the better & they saw another side to the team they thought had everything going for them. What more could they ask for?
    I think his grin was just him expressing all of this with his face.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, I'm no fan of Reynolds, but I'll cut him a break on the smile and the asking for the traditional comment thing. He's very competitive, and that scene can only be good for him (and his team) in that it keeps them out of TC yet again--always risky for him. He doesn't know these other people hardly at all, except through their TV personnas. It might have been politic to LOOK solemn, but I really can't criticize him for being happy....if you're happy and you know it, clap your hands! or at least grin....

+ Reply to Thread