+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree339Likes

Thread: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Well my guess is that they (TBPB) wanted to get him away to talk to the rest of the tribe to see how they felt regarding the situation, and that's when they (the tribe) "unanimously decided to forfeit the challenge"
    Dragonlady likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    Well my guess is that they (TBPB) wanted to get him away to talk to the rest of the tribe to see how they felt regarding the situation, and that's when they (the tribe) "unanimously decided to forfeit the challenge"
    Yes, that sounds right. I wish I had heard the interview.Thanks for the info
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Sherri made an excellent point about the team's strength. Her alliance should've had Reynold and Eddie prove their strength meddle and have Eddie hold one of the ropes. He's a strapping young fireman for goodness sakes! She should get with Michael and Matt and convince them that Reynold and Eddie are not

The irony with Brandon is that throughout all his crazy ranting, he spoke the complete truth about Philip. From talking about him riding on Boston Rob's coattails to how he appointed himself leader, he was correct. The other team should really listen and take that information and go nuts with it!
    AmyKay, GabbyG, mesachick and 2 others like this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

The irony with Brandon is that throughout all his crazy ranting, he spoke the complete truth about Philip. From talking about him riding on Boston Rob's coattails to how he appointed himself leader, he was correct. The other team should really listen and take that information and go nuts with it!
    Absolutely! he was spot on with Phillip. Malcolm and Dawn apparently went along with it, but they hated his condescending ways, and the names he gave them. Shame nobody backed Brandon up.
    Kocky_Kamikaze, march and Alexxxx like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't think the tribes problem was so much what he said about Phillip, which as has been pointed out was mostly true, as the way he said it and the way he acted. Remember, he did dump the food and threaten to burn the place down. His anger was so over the top that I think they were sincerely afraid of him and for him.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    Sherri made an excellent point about the team's strength. Her alliance should've had Reynold and Eddie prove their strength meddle and have Eddie hold one of the ropes. He's a strapping young fireman for goodness sakes! She should get with Michael and Matt and convince them that Reynold and Eddie are not

Except don't go nuts like Brandon did and dump out their tribe's rice and beans.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

I felt like the dumping of the rice and beans was a calculated move by Brandon to get "publicity". You know, with the mindset of "I'm as bad azz as my uncles".
    Dragonlady likes this.

With all the talk about Brandon's meltdown, I forgot to say something about the funny part of the episode.....and that was Phillip saying to Brandon that "You don't slap a gift horse."
    I think the guy's a little mixed up there.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I'm sorry you don't recall all of the things that Reynolds said. I would suggest watching the first couple of episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by PipSqueek
    but, would you be just as bothered, if it was an immediate alliance of older folks who create an alliance against the younger minority? Weve see this happen countless times, and noone seems to harbor ill will towards that I guess, cause maybe we're conditioned to hold resentment towards young attractive people, rather than those who maybe in a lot of other peoples eyes, dont fit that mold, so they get a free pass for doing the same thing...
    Once again, I would advise watching the first couple of episodes, where we see Reynold's group become allies and the others take notice of it.
    I don't get offended by alliances, at all. Only when the alliance is a minority, 4 versus 6, and yet the minority group feels they are somehow superior and talks about how the others want to be them. And yes, if it was 4 older people and they did the same thing, I would find it obnoxious, but beyond that, completely STUPID. Doesn't matter what age you are, dumb is dumb.

I don't even know how to respond to the "we are conditioned to hold resentment against young attractive people" comment. Since the opposite is actually the truth. Anyone reading this thread can see how Reynold is getting a pass with a lot of people BECAUSE he is attractive, despite his heinous personality. And why doesn't everyone hate Malcolm, since he's good looking? And young?

I've never seen a jerk get a pass because they are old or ugly. If someone could name one, I'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by PipSqueek View Post
    1) He declares a girl to be not the prettiest one on the tribe and then proceeds to make out with her.
    I dont remember him saying that, but, Ill take your word for it.
    2) He forms an alliance of four in a ten person tribe based on what he considers to be attractiveness.
    I dont recall him ever stating that. I think they bonded no differently than the reasons other people bond. They had similar interests.
    4) He goes off anytime anyone votes for his seriously minority alliance. Seriously, he went off on Shamar for trying to vote out someone in his alliance. He and his alliance vote for Shamar, but THAT is not to be questioned.
    Of course he went off on Shamar. Shamar was a lazy rude pompous ass. If youre of the opinion that Shamar wasnt a cancer on that team, then, Ill just stop here, cause you and I will not agree on much...
    5) Voting off one of his minority alliance was (quote) "revenge of the nerds".
    Big deal
    6) When one of his alliance is voted off, he declares that it is because they are the best looking person on the tribe and thereby a threat. That one makes me
    These things you mention about him stating they are the best looking..therefore theyre all jealous, I just dont recall. Im just an average looking guy myself, so I can honestly say Im not being biased towards him cause I myself am "hunky" lol.
    7) From last night, everyone is visibly upset about Brandon's melt down. Even the fans tribe has the class to only smile discreetly when they hear that the favourites want to forfeit. Except Reynolds. Not only does he get giddy, in his most classy manner, he asks Jeff to throw up his arms and say the "fans win immunity."
    I have to disagree with your assessment here also. He was in the other tribe. Youre assuming he was privy to Brandon and how things unfolded. Who knows how much of Brandons first season he even saw before. All he saw was one guy going off on another guy in heated argument and that the other tribe wanted him off, thus giving them immunity--yay! Not to mention, neither of us can be sure the smirks werent edited. Ive seen this in the past with this show and others, where, reactions, in reality, were to something totally different than what the producers showed us. But maybe he did truly laugh or smirk at what occurred. We dont know. What we do know is that he hasnt been around Brandon and Phillip enough to know that this was much more than just a heated argument.
    That said, hes not my favorite personality on the show, but, I dont see him being a jerk either. Yeah he bonded with the three other young good lookin ones in the beginning, ?
    JORY'sMom, GabbyG, Moontat and 3 others like this.

I've never seen a jerk get a pass because they are old or ugly.
    Didn't some say they liked Russell , is that what you mean.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread