+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree339Likes

Thread: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I am so conflicted!

Everything Spockwhat and others have said about Reynold being immature and arrogant and egotistical is true, true, true. I have found all of his speechifying about the "cool kids table" and the attractiveness, or lack thereof, of certain women to be really offensive. I was dismayed at his bemused expression when all Hell was breaking loose with Brandon. It annoys me how he talks about himself as being such a great player. He clearly will never be mistaken for a Mensa candidate. And yet ... despite all that ... I find him REALLY physically attractive!!! How can this be?!? My attractiveness meter has ALWAYS been set on people who are humble and genuine and respectful.

I think I need an intervention!! Somebody help me!!
    Just keep thinking about him with his detached and superior grin watching the special olympics, thinking he's so much better than "those people."

Think of how he must have treated those he considered less attractive in high school, laughing at them with his friends and making their lives miserable.

Think about what his insides look like, with his twisted mangled black heart and maybe it will help
    GabbyG and spockwhat like this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I am so conflicted!

Everything Spockwhat and others have said about Reynold being immature and arrogant and egotistical is true, true, true. I have found all of his speechifying about the "cool kids table" and the attractiveness, or lack thereof, of certain women to be really offensive. I was dismayed at his bemused expression when all Hell was breaking loose with Brandon. It annoys me how he talks about himself as being such a great player. He clearly will never be mistaken for a Mensa candidate. And yet ... despite all that ... I find him REALLY physically attractive!!! How can this be?!? My attractiveness meter has ALWAYS been set on people who are humble and genuine and respectful.

I think I need an intervention!! Somebody help me!!
    It's very human to feel that way. That conflict between our brains which primarily deal with facts ("Reynold has a sense of entitlement and a bad good attitude towards women" and what our bodies want ("Wow, I'd like to some of that sweet stuff!") causes all sorts of problems like bad marriages and relationships with someone who is completely inappropriate but physically attractive.

The brain/body conflict is a bane of human existence and perfectly normal.
    Duckyface likes this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Oh, I'm not denying he is good looking. He just needs to not talk, that's all. He definitely is a monster at challenges, and is pretty much the only reason the fans were even close to in it many times. But socially, he's a big turn off for me. His stupid grin while Brandon was melting down sealed it. Pretty much everyone else looked concerned or worried, and he's grinning from ear to ear like a big goofball. Oy Vey.

But good looking? Heck yes he is!
    I am NOT defending Reynold or condoning his behavior but in looking at his stupid grin again during Brandon's meltdown I was reminded of something I heard scientists who research primate behavior say:

A grin is often not a sign of amusement. In Gorilla and Chimpanzee behavior a grin is a gesture of appeasement and submission. It is often seen when the leader of a group is raging or challenging others to a fight.

In other words Reynold's grin could have been a survival mechanism showing the one who was raging that he Reynold is no threat to him.

Also sometimes people who are witnessing stressful or very uncomfortable events "smile" because of embarrassment.

Both are unconscious reactions and not something that is thought out and decided on at the time.

I still think Reynold is a d.......

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I thought Reynold was smiling because for once it wasn't him in the hot seat. He'd been waiting for an opportunity to act on and seeing the Favorites tribe, who have been beating his tribe to a pulp, show that they have cracks in the armor and are falling apart before him, might have given him hope that they could be defeated.

Besides that, their tribe is made of fans of the show. He must have known that this would be a history-making episode, with tribal council being held at a challenge and one tribe forfitting the immunity challenge to another tribe so they could vote someone out. It must be thrilling for a big fan of Survivor to be right there experiencing that moment when it happens.

Ah, well. It seems like I'm also on the outs when it comes to favorite contestants on reality shows. I liked Russell Hantz, too, although most people despised him. Nothing I say can change other people's mind about my favorites and I'm not about to change how I feel about them to appease the majority. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I thought Reynold was smiling because for once it wasn't him in the hot seat. He'd been waiting for an opportunity to act on and seeing the Favorites tribe, who have been beating his tribe to a pulp, show that they have cracks in the armor and are falling apart before him, might have given him hope that they could be defeated.

Besides that, their tribe is made of fans of the show. He must have known that this would be a history-making episode, with tribal council being held at a challenge and one tribe forfitting the immunity challenge to another tribe so they could vote someone out. It must be thrilling for a big fan of Survivor to be right there experiencing that moment when it happens.

Ah, well. It seems like I'm also on the outs when it comes to favorite contestants on reality shows. I liked Russell Hantz, too, although most people despised him. Nothing I say can change other people's mind about my favorites and I'm not about to change how I feel about them to appease the majority. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
    Well you are not alone, and I don't change my mind either .That's what is great about a show like this, we like who we like, its that simple.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

well all of this has made me think better of Russell, as crazy as it sounds. He (Russell) made the point that his cooky-ness/craziness was calculated and mostly kept to himself (ala the burning of the sock, hiding the machete) whereas Brandon was all over the place and vocal about what he was going to do. Listening to interviews with both Hantz's today made me think Brandon had mentally given up and was just trying to give people something to talk about.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I take into account editing, I am sure the meltdown was hours. I am not sure he was laughing at Brandon, but who knows.
    I think it's more likely we saw pretty much all of the meltdown, because Jeff couldn't afford for Brandon to be on the hook any longer than necessary. The situation was too volatile. So I also think it's more likely than for most tribal councils that the reactions we saw from the others were in sync with what else was going on.

Has anyone else heard or read whether we missed much of the meltdown?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I think it's more likely we saw pretty much all of the meltdown, because Jeff couldn't afford for Brandon to be on the hook any longer than necessary. The situation was too volatile. So I also think it's more likely than for most tribal councils that the reactions we saw from the others were in sync with what else was going on.

I recorded it, I looked again. It's a bit disjointed But a couple of times I swear Brandon is looking at the camera, a camera to his right. That's the way it looked to my husband on the night it happened. It was in real time about 30 mins long..

Brandon has spoken with Andrea, texted Cochran a couple of time..He has spoken to Malcolm and Corinne, and says, "we're all good" . He also said everything he said then was 'Survivor'-based. It's not about the person's life.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    In the interview I heard with Russell today he said that he was watching it with Brandon Wed night and was told by him that he had actually been separated from the tribe for a long period of time before heading to the challenge.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    In the interview I heard with Russell today he said that he was watching it with Brandon Wed night and was told by him that he had actually been separated from the tribe for a long period of time before heading to the challenge.
    Something doesn't smell right with all this. Of course this is reality TV.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread