+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree339Likes

Thread: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

If I see another Hantz on CBS, I'm boycotting every CBS program on television. Seriously, enough is more than enough.
    holly71, Punkin, Florimel and 3 others like this.

FORT Fan

This is both sad and scary.

"But not Brandon himself. "There's no reason to be concerned whatsoever," he reassured The Clicker in an interview Thursday, adding that he is not receiving any medical treatment. "I'm doing wonderful."
    holly71 and Punkin like this.

That entire interview is ridiculous. As much as I hate the term, if Russell and Brandon were brought back, 'jumped the shark' would apply.
    Valar Morghulis

FORT Regular

I won't comment much on the BP fiasco, since much has already been said there. I sincerely hope that Brandon can find true happiness away from reality TV, both for his benefit and ours. And Philip, you're an equal, if not a greater douchebag than Brandon, and I detest you even more than in your original season.

I don't care for Reynold's particular brand of arrogance, but he is at least pulling his weight both around camp and in challenges. And while most people here seem to like Sherri, I can't stand her. She could hardly throw a coconut into the Fav's net at the Reward Challenge and had the galls to declare it was Reynold's and Eddie's fault for not carrying them through to a win after voting Laura out. Woman, you need to wipe that smug look off your face or I'll gladly do it for you. I detect a really mean streak in Sherri and I suspect it will show soon enough.

Dawn and Andrea, their empathy for Brandon this episode have endeared me toward them greatly. My three top favorites (including Cochran) from Favorites atm.
    Last edited by Duff; 03-14-2013 at 08:29 PM.
    Punkin, Lil Bit, mesachick and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    That entire interview is ridiculous. As much as I hate the term, if Russell and Brandon were brought back, 'jumped the shark' would apply.
    I would call it something else, but it wouldn't be appropriate for a PG13 board.

So Uncle Russ is proud of him? That says a lot right there, if that kind of behavior has the whole family "jumping up and down" in excitement.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Ok the cynic in me says....The whole Brandon escapade was set up. Of course Jeff Probst is going to say what he did. Survivor has changed so much and IMO not for the better. I liked when the players were really out in the elements, no hygiene products, makeup, razors, etc. To receive extra food they had to win reward. The players were new, not rehashed from seasons before.
    But, I will continue to watch, just not so involved with the show any more.
    Yessssss! All playing to the cameras. I've seen people in rages and Brandon wasn't raging. The dumping of the rice and the beans...all calculated. He didn't do it in a temper. That phony crap with Jeff rubbing his shoulders.

The show is barely recognizable from the first few seasons. Now, it's basically Big Brother: Campout Edition. Yes, we're still watching, but there was really nothing wrong with the original concept of outwit/outlast/outplay. No need to add outrageous. It was fine when it was just regular people playing a game.
    holly71, scoot13 and Dragonlady like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

My problem with Reynold is the sense of entitlement I get from him. He's a great looking guy. Really, usually I'm all over that. But in this case, something about him just rubs me the wrong way. I'm not really talking about arrogance, because let's face it, I love Boston Rob and he had a special brand of arrogance that I like. Yet Rob's arrogance was tempered with a working-class kind of demeanor, and I liked that. Reynold comes across as more prep school, rich, entitled brat.
    GabbyG and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    My problem with Reynold is the sense of entitlement I get from him. He's a great looking guy. Really, usually I'm all over that. But in this case, something about him just rubs me the wrong way. I'm not really talking about arrogance, because let's face it, I love Boston Rob and he had a special brand of arrogance that I like. Yet Rob's arrogance was tempered with a working-class kind of demeanor, and I liked that. Reynold comes across as more prep school, rich, entitled brat.
    Bingo.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, I HOPE after this that the suggestion that Johnny K made over on the spoilers thread, as a JOKE, that next season there will be three teams, each headed by a Hantz, who has immunity for the first trip to TC as well as a freebie immunity idol... that way too many of us actually thought was a possibility the way things have been going... I HOPE after this blow up, that that is now an impossibility... but the fact that Brandon wants to come back... scary! And, I've been saying that the change in Brandon from a Christian kid trying to do right to this Hantz like loon was an effort to impress Uncle Russell et al... I think that interview supports that view.

Re Reynolds....yes, PipSqueek, he really did say all those things about looks. Mostly in the first show or so, but when the 2nd woman from the minority alliance was voted out he actually said it was because she was the prettiest woman on the tribe and the others (the women I assume) were just jealous of her looks. As if they had no other reason to vote her off--like, she wasn't in the majority alliance.
    The smart way to form an alliance, if you can, is to find someone who is loyal....like the winner did with Rudy the first season. A person who is loyal is predictable, and will have your back. The last person you want to ally with is a loon like Brandon, or any of several others there, whose loyalties constantly change. You certainly don't base your alliance on, we're all young and hot.
    Last edited by PWS; 03-15-2013 at 12:09 AM.
    spockwhat likes this.

Brandon's words from the article.
    We are reality TV. We're like the Kardashians, but hotter.
    Punkin likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread