+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree339Likes

Thread: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Yeah, I dont get what people have against Reynolds? Why is he a doosher? I must have missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    If the teams are reshuffled next week it might be fun watching Phillip flounder trying to establish control again.
    I bet that won't happen! Brandon gave the nod to the fans, and they were paying attention to what he said

Brandon's own tribe know what Phillip is like
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Some quick points:

--After I finished watching Brandon's meltdown I felt ashamed of myself for what felt like having spotted a traffic accident and not being able to turn away. It's human nature/curiosity but I don't like myself for doing it.

--Brandon was obviously suffering and I felt and still do feel pity for him.

--If we were shown Brandon's behavior from one 24 hour period (and not spliced stuff from several days) it really seems that he has big mood swings. Compare his behavior/mood on one evening distressed/weepy etc) with his next morning slightly wild-eyed elation "I don't know why but I feel pretty good this morning" to his moodiness and uncontrolled anger of the same afternoon. I don't believe in making snap judgments based on so little info but one could deduce possible mood disorder from Brandon's behavior in a short period of time. I did know someone whose moods and emotions swung wildy like that and they ende up needing extensive treatment for the problem.

--As much as I don't like myself for not turning away from Brandon's meltdown I blame the show even more for appealing to our baser nature by showing us Brandon's misery.

--On a "positive" note it did seem that Jeff had been coached as to how to manage Brandon including what kinds of non-aggressive "how do you feel now?" questions and the calming hand on the shoulder that could be turned in a instant into a restraint should Brandon attempt to assault anyone.

Question:How do others here feel about the various reactions of Brandon's tribemates during the Immunity challenge breakdown?

The reaction I found most interesting was how several including Malcolm were so uncomfortable/upset they kept trying to turn away or cover their eyes in one way or another. And I was really worried about Dawn who seemed on the verge of a (quite appropriate) panic attack.

To the Point

I actually felt that most of the tribe, sans Phillip, were genuinely concerned for Brandon. I think they knew it was in the best interest of the tribe for him to go and they wanted him to go, but I just got a feeling from their body language that they were concerned for him as a person. Could totally be me projecting, but that's what I felt watching it.
    march, Brooks, annettejt and 3 others like this.

I think most of the tribe - well both tribes for that matter - actually felt bad for Brandon or were embarrassed at his actions (though most probably understood them). Philip really was the only one acting like a douche there. If the show had been smart, if Philip KEPT baiting Brandon (and he did with the comments about his kids and the like) they'd ejected him from the game. Unfortunately NONE of these shows do that - eject a baiter for a fight.
    Alexxxx likes this.

Cochran looked uncomfortable, he knew he had to vote out Brandon, so I will interested to hear what he has to say when we see them next week
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PipSqueek View Post
    Yeah, I dont get what people have against Reynolds? Why is he a doosher? I must have missed something.
    Oh, pick me! I'll answer that one.

1) He declares a girl to be not the prettiest one on the tribe and then proceeds to make out with her.
    2) He forms an alliance of four in a ten person tribe based on what he considers to be attractiveness.
    3) He then stands apart from the rest of the tribe and declares how the other six wish they were them and how everyone wants to be the "cool kids" like them.
    4) He goes off anytime anyone votes for his seriously minority alliance. Seriously, he went off on Shamar for trying to vote out someone in his alliance. He and his alliance vote for Shamar, but THAT is not to be questioned.
    5) Voting off one of his minority alliance was (quote) "revenge of the nerds".
    6) When one of his alliance is voted off, he declares that it is because they are the best looking person on the tribe and thereby a threat. That one makes me
    7) From last night, everyone is visibly upset about Brandon's melt down. Even the fans tribe has the class to only smile discreetly when they hear that the favourites want to forfeit. Except Reynolds. Not only does he get giddy, in his most classy manner, he asks Jeff to throw up his arms and say the "fans win immunity."

And that, in only part, actually, is why Reynolds is a douche bag.

Anyone else want to throw in? I'm sure we can think of something! I know I'll probably be back.

Oh, and he needs to pull up his dang shorts. Gross.

I like him
    holly71 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Brandon is pissed that he thinks Phillip is taking credit for the win...which frankly Phillip should, but, Brandon is telling him his imput is a dictatorship and tells Phillip to shut the f*ck up. Everyone seems to be getting pissed with Brandon.
    Actually Brandon was not completely wrong on this. Phillip should not have been taking all the credit for the win, he did not win it alone it was a team win. If the Fans had of stacked Phillip's basket first he would have been out before Brandon. Also Phillip does act like a dicator deciding who stays and who goes, who is in the alliance and what order they sit in the alliance.
    The two of them would drive me nuts.
    livin4reality and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    The sad thing is, Brandon really made some decent points about Philip and his arrogance in the tribe. And when he was telling Philip to just "shut up" - well, it's not as if I haven't been saying that to my tv pretty much every week when Philip starts on his stupid Stealth nonsense. It's just too bad that Brandon isn't stable enough to contain his anger and find a different way to get rid of his rival. I'm no Hantz-fan at all, but I do feel badly for Brandon and I honestly think he had some astute observations, just couldn't express them in a mature (sane) way.

I really agree that Brandon wanted to be voted off for something he did, rather than allowing Philip the power to throw the challenge and make the decision as the "leader" to have Brandon voted out.

Philip is no Boston Rob. He's heavy-handed, painfully annoying, and lacks any finesse with people. I agree that the others tolerate him rather than enjoy him, and I honestly don't think he's long for the game unless he again becomes a goat for someone else (hopefully Malcolm!).

The looks on Malcolm, Eric and Cochran's faces while all this was going on was so upsetting. They just looked so defeated.

I really hope Brandon gets some help to find peace in his life.
    I agree. Brandon totally went about it the wrong way but what he said about Phillip was not wrong. and I have to say that I chuckled out loud when he told Phillip that the only reason he made it to the finals was because Boston Rob took him there not because Phillip did anything to get there, cause he was soooo right.
    Alexxxx likes this.

+ Reply to Thread