+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree339Likes

Thread: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 3/13 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Dawn is trying to calm him down but he is nuts. He says he is the author of his fate and vote him out bitch.
    He was referring to Phillip as bitch not Dawn. (I left out the quote in my previous post).

Brandon is freaking nuts.

I do seriously think there is something wrong with him, bipolar, manic depressive, something besides the anger management issues he has. Unfortunately he has reproduced so this particular DNA will continue. How sad.
    Florimel likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Oh, Reynolds just confirmed my suspicions that he is a douche bag.
    sweetpea and spockwhat like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

First, I should say I don't hit the 'like' button unless I really agree strongly with a post, and it doesn't happen often, but I think I've hit it about 12 times in this thread alone. I think most people have called it well on Brandon and Phillip, so I just have a couple of little things to add.

I agree that Jeff was diffusing the situation and did a good job of it, but there was a little part of me that was wondering if he wasn't enjoying this moment just a little too much. He knew it would be a big 'moment' in the show, and though reality shows are meant for us to see how different people react in different situations, I think when it comes to mentally ill people, enough is enough.

Second, I agree that Reynolds is a complete douche bag. Nothing else to say, that's it in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Very awkward to say the least. Wow. Brandon sure as hell is a nutcase. Probst made the right call sending him home right away.

If Brandon is so religious and believes in god... i sure hope he enjoys hell. Because I doubt people like that are heavenly.

Whatever point Brandon was making (which I kind of understood) went out the window with the tirade he went on.
    Yes, all people who are 'nutcases' and have outbursts are deserving of hell. What? Brandon is sick, for sure, and whether he'll ever have a diagnosis (mild bipolar? borderline? Messed up due to abuse?) the guy may certainly have a physical problem in is brain. That's not his fault anymore than any one else who has a physical problem.

My main concern is that Brandon cares very much what other people think of him. How much will he want to get help if he knows the whole world has pinned him as a crazy guy? Will he just give up and say it doesn't matter, because the whole world will never see him any other way? It's too bad. Kid never had a chance growing up a Hantz, and thanks to Survivor, I'm afraid he never will.
    Rattus and CanadianChick like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Unfortunately he has reproduced so this particular DNA will continue. How sad.
    I'm hoping this was a joke! It kind of bothers me that much because the Hantz family problems aren't that they are sick mentally... but the enviroment they live in. A lot of mentally ill people live productive, wonderful lives.
    Punkin, NCLurker, Rattus and 6 others like this.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

IMO, there was no way that Jeff was going to let Brandon go back to camp with the Favorites last night, even if they had competed and won the Immunity Challenge. He would have been made aware of Brandon's behavior from cameramen and production staff, but he probably didn't know that the Favs were going to forfeit the challenge. Once they did that, he immediately - rightly - physically removed Brandon from them because of his instability.

I don't know that TPTB could have handled it any better than they did, since decisions had to be made on the fly. I didn't feel icky about Jeff's massaging Brandon's shoulders or speaking softly to him and then promising he'd come and find him. He was trying to keep him calm and connected to one of the few people in the area Brandon trusted. The only alternative would have been to go into camp and remove him before the IC. And with Brandon's inability to control himself, someone could easily have been hurt.

Brandon needs help. Quickly.

One thing I found interesting about last night. No one on the Favorites tribe mentioned the spilling of the rice and the beans until Brandon bragged about doing it. You would have thought someone would have told Jeff about that pretty quickly.

I went to bed last night feeling very sad for Brandon. I hope he gets the help he so desperatly needs. I thought Jeff handled the situation extremely well.
    NCLurker, march and AZChristian like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Phillip was the last man still holding onto his rope at the end of the challenge... BUT, if Reynold had been tossing coconuts into his net instead of Sherri, HE wouldn't have lasted as long either. I think I heard Jeff say that Reynold hadn't missed a shot, while Sherri missed almost every one (she may have actually missed every one).

I agree that Brandon is not the most mentally stable person, but what he said was spot on. The problem is that Phillip is so full of himself and delusional, that I doubt he believed anything Brandon had to say.

I thought for a minute there during the revamped tribal council that Jeff was going to put Brandon in the fans tribe. I think they all realized that the situation was much too volatile and that they needed to get him out of the game.

I guess I'm in the minority in that I like Reynold and I'm glad he found the idol again. I admit that I didn't like him when the game first started and he was so sure of himself and his little "cool kids" alliance, but I suppose the fact that he's become the underdog is what put me on his side. Plus he's an animal at challenges and not too hard on the eyes.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I know I'm in a minority but I love Reynold! I sure picked a winner for my captain in the Survivor pool. I'm thrilled that he's found the hidden immunity idol twice now. That's my boy!!! I hope he makes it to the merge and then bands with the favorites to pick off the rest of the fans.

As for Probst coddling Brandon, I agree he was just defusing a ticking time bomb. What we didn't see after Jeff told Brandon to go take a walk and he'd find him later was the men with white coats tackling Brandon as he went around behind the challenge.

I think Brandon should have been removed from the game by the producers for breach of conduct. Sabotaging his tribe's food supply and making physical threats to other players should be grounds for instant removal. His tribe shouldn't have even had to vote him out. Probst could have started out the immunity challenge removing Brandon from the game and then having the remaining players compete in the challenge.

For a second there, I thought maybe Jeff might put Brandon in the Fans tribe. Maybe he could see he was too unstable and while he might do better over there for a short time, before long something else would set him off.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    One thing I found interesting about last night. No one on the Favorites tribe mentioned the spilling of the rice and the beans until Brandon bragged about doing it. You would have thought someone would have told Jeff about that pretty quickly.

I went to bed last night feeling very sad for Brandon. I hope he gets the help he so desperately needs. I thought Jeff handled the situation extremely well.
    I think Jeff knew. There are way too many camera and crew around for it not to get back to him. I think he was ready to diffuse the situation when they all met up -
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread