+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 2/27 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 2/27 Survivor 26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Shamar definitely has problems..altho I think in time w/the proper help, he could be ok. But he's not right or ready for this kind of show/game.
    During some of his talks w/others, I got the feeling that he's really trying to fit into normal life but just can't yet. Obviously, from what he told them about all that he's had to deal with since leaving the military, it shows that he is not a good fit for this. I don't think he can see any value or good experience dealing with something that he perceives as silly, compared to what he has previously had to deal with.

Sherri really has a good feel for people's personality. She described Shamar perfectly and probably has a good read on most of the players.
    She certainly knows how to handle Shamar and that can't be easy.
    Duckyface likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Hope is so stupid. Shamar gave her the soluton (vote Eddy) and she ignored him. She deserves being voted out.
    Yeah, and I'm sure that was the only "soluton" she was given that day. Give me a break, people act like these contestants have some "hindsight is 20/20" glasses that they are given.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFaninNJ View Post
    Exactly. Even during the second vote, she probably still didn't vote for Eddie. I'm wondering if Shamar told her, because he didn't like the idea of his name coming up in a three-way tie.
    Yeah, ur right! OMG! what an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Pride is a terrible thang - should've paid attention, Hope
    Seriously, would you have paid attention to the idiot that did nothing but lay on his a$$ and complain about everything? Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Betcha she just couldn't wait to jump on him and throw her legs around him. As much as I dislike her from her previous stint, I can't really blame her for that.
    I could think of worse fates.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-02-2013 at 01:34 PM.

FORT Regular

I wonder if the so called Fans are truely fans of Survivor. They don't seem to understand that winning immunity and reward challenges means going into the merge with the numbers and in better physical and psycological condition from the reward benefits.

Shamar is a big factor in the Fans losses. If he had started a fire right away that first day his tribe could have stayed hydrated while building a shelter and not have expended all that energy trying to make a fire. By seperating himself and lolling around while the others were working hard he sowed resentment and and didn't mesh with his tribe. Seeing how easily he started a fire they must have wondered why he waited so long to do it. They went into the next challenge weakened and disorganized and have remained so. I also don't think Shamar is a big help in the challenges despite his strength.

Shamar seems to have a a lot of issues and personal demons that he managed to hide from the producers and eliminating him next might be best for him.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Where to start? Shamar seems to have some real issues in dealing with others, and since I have never been in combat, I won't try to say he should just get over it. He's obviously carrying a lot of baggage, and for that I feel sorry for him. However....learn when to shut the heck up, Man! Seriously, this is a silly tv game show, these people are not your friends, true, and they are going to lie to you. It's the nature of the show! And you call yourself a "fan?" Sheesh.

Having said all that, I think I'd still rather have him around than Reynold. That guy just oozes entitlement and arrogance. I can't stand him.

Happy that Malcolm found the HII (and seriously, with all those trees/bushes, it's again that easy to find??!) but sucks that Corrine had to be with him. Betcha she just couldn't wait to jump on him and throw her legs around him. As much as I dislike her from her previous stint, I can't really blame her for that.
    Totally agree with this statement.
    Duckyface likes this.

Man, Hope was kind of a letdown, I was kind of pulling for her since, as I already mentioned, she's actually the niece of a guy I know. Eddie and Reynold just need to stop talking to Shamar, I can see the strategy in getting him to blow up and get the other tribe members frustrated, but if it didn't work in saving Allie, it's probably never going to work. As for Shamar, I'll agree with what some others said in that he's got some issues, and frankly, probably shouldn't be on Survivor.

Kind of sucks to see Malcolm, one of my favorites, in an alliance with Corrine, probably second only to Brandon as my least favorite. I hope Andrea's scheming doesn't backfire on her and she manages to get Corrine out. Or they can just vote Brandon out. Just like Shamar, Brandon also doesn't seem mentally stable enough to handle the pressures of Survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by teatime View Post
    I wonder if the so called Fans are truely fans of Survivor. They don't seem to understand that winning immunity and reward challenges means going into the merge with the numbers and in better physical and psycological condition from the reward benefits.

Shamar is a big factor in the Fans losses. If he had started a fire right away that first day his tribe could have stayed hydrated while building a shelter and not have expended all that energy trying to make a fire. By seperating himself and lolling around while the others were working hard he sowed resentment and and didn't mesh with his tribe. Seeing how easily he started a fire they must have wondered why he waited so long to do it. They went into the next challenge weakened and disorganized and have remained so. I also don't think Shamar is a big help in the challenges despite his strength.
    Regarding the bold part. If you read any of Allie's post show interviews, she clearly states that Shamar did not start the fire. He just happened to walk over at watch the fire builders at the moment the fire caught.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    He said he had PTSD didn't he? Perhaps in a PI when he was explaining about finding his happy place.
    If he said he did that doesn't mean that he really does. He would not have been cast or even able to do this show. It is a heavy diagnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    If he said he did that doesn't mean that he really does. He would not have been cast or even able to do this show. It is a heavy diagnosis.
    It depends on the person, how affected they were, how long ago the events were, how long they were exposed to the situation, what kind of counseling they've had, and a thousand other factors. PTSD does not have to mean you are necessarily never able to overcome it enough to have a normal life. I would hope that the producers wouldn't cast somebody with it, but I wouldn't put it past them.

In my experiences with PTSD he did seem to exhibit signs of it to me. The trying to avoid situations by simply staying away from everyone and everything the majority of the time, the over reactions, the difficulty with trusting anyone, the over the top anger when he felt threatened. Of course it's possible he was always that way, but I doubt it.

I guess he reminds me of one of my brothers in law who was in Iraq, and I couldn't help but feel for him. And the way his face transformed when he smiled, it was like a look back at who he was before his problems. The producers should never have allowed him out there, but their love of drama defies common sense and decency.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789